Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 81

Thread: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

  1. #61

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    Quote Originally Posted by The excited one View Post
    Is it possible to forward my question to specific members of the development team? Since it would be really imbalanced if one faction failed to have enough PSFs to sustain their armies whilst others can spam lots and lots of troops via PSFs.

    Also public order is kinda important since IRL if the surrounding areas of the region is still in the hands of the enemy whilst you only conquer the regional capital, it would be better for you if you not conquer the regional capital in the first place due to public order penalties.

    note: hows your playtesting going, did you lose lots of movement points from exploring africa and Sahara desert? How are the bugs? and how many turns do you play for each faction before proceeding to the next faction for playtest.
    OK I'll forward that.

    Play testing is going well. I think we need to work on movement points as you can't walk very far in 6 months both in Europe and the Sahara. I think we need to increase the movement points in Europe. I haven't fund too many bugs. The main bug I've found is that just a couple of PSFs either cause the game to crash if you try to attack it on the battle map or they use the wrong model e.g. a european settlement in subsaharan Africa. These bugs are quite rare though.

  2. #62
    The excited one's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    996

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Ed View Post
    OK I'll forward that.
    Thanks a-lot Space, since this can be something to think about post-alpha release.

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Ed View Post
    Play testing is going well. I think we need to work on movement points as you can't walk very far in 6 months both in Europe and the Sahara. I think we need to increase the movement points in Europe.
    Oh yes, the re-alpha movement points are quite limited, i thought its 4 turns per year (3 months). Is there a trait where if your army run our of supplies your movement point will reduce dramatically? That would reflect more accurate gameplay. (sorry for more questions to ask your fellow team member)

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Ed View Post
    I haven't find too many bugs. The main bug I've found is that just a couple of PSFs either cause the game to crash if you try to attack it on the battle map or they use the wrong model e.g. a european settlement in subsaharan Africa. These bugs are quite rare though.
    Sound like a smooth gameplay, hows your Fatimid Egypt campaign? Did you conquer Jerusalem from the Syrians (turks)? It is quite close to the border.

    On behalf of DOTS forum lurkers I thank you for everything Space_Ed since your reply is speedy.
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

  3. #63

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    Quote Originally Posted by The excited one View Post
    Oh yes, the re-alpha movement points are quite limited, i thought its 4 turns per year (3 months). Is there a trait where if your army run our of supplies your movement point will reduce dramatically? That would reflect more accurate gameplay. (sorry for more questions to ask your fellow team member)

    Sound like a smooth gameplay, hows your Fatimid Egypt campaign? Did you conquer Jerusalem from the Syrians (turks)? It is quite close to the border.
    Yeah I think you're right about it being 4 turns per year thinking about it. Still, I think the movement points need work.

    The Fatimid campaign is fun but there needs to be more rebel armies in Africa to make the campaign much more challenging. I have fought a battle to conquer Jerusalem. Currently conquering Jerusalem as the Fatimids isn't particularly difficult but you can't just send an army straight there as you need to take out at least 1 PSF first. I think we need to have more rebel armies in Africa and the middle east to make it more interesting. Currently Egypt has a seemingly infinite supply of money. This is a very different situation to many other factions so a lot of work needs to be done on balancing the economies. Playing as the Fatimids you can just make as many armies as you want and be an unstoppable force conquering the whole map really easily. It's actually far too easy playing as the Fatimids right now and quite boring as there is no real challenge. It is interesting exploring Africa, a part of the world I've personally probably contributed the most to regarding the map.
    Last edited by Space_Ed; May 27, 2015 at 09:13 AM.

  4. #64

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    Sorry for all of the questions(I got a notice to stop spamming) but it would be cool if historical accuracies were added like if after the battle, the enemy could take captured cannons and artillery.

  5. #65

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGCRUDER View Post
    Sorry for all of the questions(I got a notice to stop spamming) but it would be cool if historical accuracies were added like if after the battle, the enemy could take captured cannons and artillery.
    I don't know if it's possible to do that or if anyone in our team has the capabilities to do that.

  6. #66
    The excited one's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    996

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Ed View Post
    Yeah I think you're right about it being 4 turns per year thinking about it. Still, I think the movement points need work.

    The Fatimid campaign is fun but there needs to be more rebel armies in Africa to make the campaign much more challenging. I have fought a battle to conquer Jerusalem. Currently conquering Jerusalem as the Fatimids isn't particularly difficult but you can't just send an army straight there as you need to take out at least 1 PSF first. I think we need to have more rebel armies in Africa and the middle east to make it more interesting. Currently Egypt has a seemingly infinite supply of money. This is a very different situation to many other factions so a lot of work needs to be done on balancing the economies. Playing as the Fatimids you can just make as many armies as you want and be an unstoppable force conquering the whole map really easily. It's actually far too easy playing as the Fatimids right now and quite boring as there is no real challenge. It is interesting exploring Africa, a part of the world I've personally probably contributed the most to regarding the map.
    Technically Egypt was quite wealthy by classical/medieval standards due to its agricultural output and its export of wheat supplying Europe for a millennium (and above) since antiquity. Still would it be possible to make their family members more prone to rebellion to reflect political instability (verge of rebellion) during the time since Fatimids was in a full decline (and even a tribute state of Kingdom of Jerusalem by 1130s) oh and a few rebel stacks would make it even better.

    I think its also best to make less infrastructure for the Fatimids at the start of the game to truly reflect their decline so it will take ages for the region to reach full potential.

    note: how are your battles going and caught any other bugs?
    Last edited by The excited one; May 27, 2015 at 08:52 PM.
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

  7. #67

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    Quote Originally Posted by The excited one View Post
    Technically Egypt was quite wealthy by classical/medieval standards due to its agricultural output and its export of wheat supplying Europe for a millennium (and above) since antiquity. Still would it be possible to make their family members more prone to rebellion to reflect political instability (verge of rebellion) during the time since Fatimids was in a full decline (and even a tribute state of Kingdom of Jerusalem by 1130s) oh and a few rebel stacks would make it even better.

    I think its also best to make less infrastructure for the Fatimids at the start of the game to truly reflect their decline so it will take ages for the region to reach full potential.

    note: how are your battles going and caught any other bugs?
    I agree about your suggestions about the Fatimids.

    The battles work well with no bugs. The only problem I've found is that typically a general's bodyguard are too strong and it can take far too long for them to be killed.

  8. #68
    The excited one's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    996

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Ed View Post
    I agree about your suggestions about the Fatimids.
    Thankyou this is just simply logical, a declining empire will always leads to abandonment and negligent of infrastructure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Ed View Post
    The battles work well with no bugs. The only problem I've found is that typically a general's bodyguard are too strong and it can take far too long for them to be killed.
    Congrats for not having bugs during battles, you could try to reduce general HP a-bit for him to get killed, besides isn't general's bodyguard tends to be hard to kill?

    Anyways hows your siege battles going, any new bugs? I remembered you have encounter some rare bugs during sieges.

    Also keep us in touch with the playtest progress, it sounds quite interesting.
    Last edited by The excited one; May 28, 2015 at 04:47 AM. Reason: VERY INTERESTING
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

  9. #69

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    Is the recruitment system different from vanilla?

  10. #70

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    Also, will you guys be fixing the two-handed sword glitch?(two-handed units block too often and attack infrequently)

  11. #71

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    I have a personal mod you can use whatever you need out of it. It's a mix and match of alot of differant mods not sure how permission would work since I've manged it altogether. It does have many unique units for alot of factions tho. Either re-skinned / re-modeled or both. Heres a few pics.

    Feudal Knights, France an Aragon





    Knights Montesa



    various infantry / spearmen









    If any of these are of interest I can post more from other units / factions
    Last edited by Curt2013; June 08, 2015 at 02:25 AM.

  12. #72
    The excited one's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    996

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    reported for off-topic ^
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

  13. #73
    Lifthrasir's Avatar Carnival Season is over
    Content Director Citizen Curator Censor

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunkirk - France
    Posts
    5,971
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    Some of them are from GeMiNi][SaNDy, made for DLV: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-(Jan-26-2015)
    His material is free of use as long you give him credit
    Under the patronage of Flinn, of the Imperial House of Hader


    - Nominations open!!!



  14. #74

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    I was'nt trying to derail this thread just saw a few posts back that Dots needed some units. Just thought I'd make an offer is all.

    Yes, some of the units are based of Sandys excellant models.

  15. #75
    Hengest's Avatar It's a joke
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    7,516

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    Quote Originally Posted by Curt2013 View Post
    I was'nt trying to derail this thread just saw a few posts back that Dots needed some units. Just thought I'd make an offer is all.

    Yes, some of the units are based of Sandys excellant models.
    We'd be very happy to use units with historical heraldry, thank you. We are taking the best from wherever we can, but for some units we don't have anything -such as the Order of Dobryn, Order of Tau and some regional or noble units like late Moldavians or Italians


  16. #76
    karaislam's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Holy Lands
    Posts
    2,468

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    i also may give u my seljuk units for the dominion of swords mod.
    first i need to finish myself sure.
    here my is my mod
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...he-Turks/page5

  17. #77

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    It would be great if u guys import his units !

  18. #78

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    Beautiful work.

  19. #79

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    You guys making the mod should really look at national geographic's medieval fight book for historically accurate and strange medieval siege engines that are not common of knowledge. Check it out! please! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=johsROyZLSk


  20. #80

    Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

    i have crashs after 1 turn,what should i do?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •