Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

Quote Originally Posted by The excited one View Post
    Is it possible to forward my question to specific members of the development team? Since it would be really imbalanced if one faction failed to have enough PSFs to sustain their armies whilst others can spam lots and lots of troops via PSFs.

Also public order is kinda important since IRL if the surrounding areas of the region is still in the hands of the enemy whilst you only conquer the regional capital, it would be better for you if you not conquer the regional capital in the first place due to public order penalties.

note: hows your playtesting going, did you lose lots of movement points from exploring africa and Sahara desert? How are the bugs? and how many turns do you play for each faction before proceeding to the next faction for playtest.
    OK I'll forward that.

Play testing is going well. I think we need to work on movement points as you can't walk very far in 6 months both in Europe and the Sahara. I think we need to increase the movement points in Europe. I haven't fund too many bugs. The main bug I've found is that just a couple of PSFs either cause the game to crash if you try to attack it on the battle map or they use the wrong model e.g. a european settlement in subsaharan Africa. These bugs are quite rare though.

The excited one's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Ed View Post
    OK I'll forward that.
    Thanks a-lot Space, since this can be something to think about post-alpha release.

Play testing is going well. I think we need to work on movement points as you can't walk very far in 6 months both in Europe and the Sahara. I think we need to increase the movement points in Europe.
    Oh yes, the re-alpha movement points are quite limited, i thought its 4 turns per year (3 months). Is there a trait where if your army run our of supplies your movement point will reduce dramatically? That would reflect more accurate gameplay. (sorry for more questions to ask your fellow team member)

I haven't find too many bugs. The main bug I've found is that just a couple of PSFs either cause the game to crash if you try to attack it on the battle map or they use the wrong model e.g. a european settlement in subsaharan Africa. These bugs are quite rare though.
    Sound like a smooth gameplay, hows your Fatimid Egypt campaign? Did you conquer Jerusalem from the Syrians (turks)? It is quite close to the border.

On behalf of DOTS forum lurkers I thank you for everything Space_Ed since your reply is speedy.
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

Oh yes, the re-alpha movement points are quite limited, i thought its 4 turns per year (3 months). Is there a trait where if your army run our of supplies your movement point will reduce dramatically? That would reflect more accurate gameplay. (sorry for more questions to ask your fellow team member)

Sound like a smooth gameplay, hows your Fatimid Egypt campaign? Did you conquer Jerusalem from the Syrians (turks)? It is quite close to the border.
    Yeah I think you're right about it being 4 turns per year thinking about it. Still, I think the movement points need work.

The Fatimid campaign is fun but there needs to be more rebel armies in Africa to make the campaign much more challenging. I have fought a battle to conquer Jerusalem. Currently conquering Jerusalem as the Fatimids isn't particularly difficult but you can't just send an army straight there as you need to take out at least 1 PSF first. I think we need to have more rebel armies in Africa and the middle east to make it more interesting. Currently Egypt has a seemingly infinite supply of money. This is a very different situation to many other factions so a lot of work needs to be done on balancing the economies. Playing as the Fatimids you can just make as many armies as you want and be an unstoppable force conquering the whole map really easily. It's actually far too easy playing as the Fatimids right now and quite boring as there is no real challenge. It is interesting exploring Africa, a part of the world I've personally probably contributed the most to regarding the map.
    Last edited by Space_Ed; May 27, 2015 at 09:13 AM.

Sorry for all of the questions(I got a notice to stop spamming) but it would be cool if historical accuracies were added like if after the battle, the enemy could take captured cannons and artillery.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGCRUDER View Post
    Sorry for all of the questions(I got a notice to stop spamming) but it would be cool if historical accuracies were added like if after the battle, the enemy could take captured cannons and artillery.
    I don't know if it's possible to do that or if anyone in our team has the capabilities to do that.

Yeah I think you're right about it being 4 turns per year thinking about it. Still, I think the movement points need work.

The Fatimid campaign is fun but there needs to be more rebel armies in Africa to make the campaign much more challenging. I have fought a battle to conquer Jerusalem. Currently conquering Jerusalem as the Fatimids isn't particularly difficult but you can't just send an army straight there as you need to take out at least 1 PSF first. I think we need to have more rebel armies in Africa and the middle east to make it more interesting. Currently Egypt has a seemingly infinite supply of money. This is a very different situation to many other factions so a lot of work needs to be done on balancing the economies. Playing as the Fatimids you can just make as many armies as you want and be an unstoppable force conquering the whole map really easily. It's actually far too easy playing as the Fatimids right now and quite boring as there is no real challenge. It is interesting exploring Africa, a part of the world I've personally probably contributed the most to regarding the map.
    Technically Egypt was quite wealthy by classical/medieval standards due to its agricultural output and its export of wheat supplying Europe for a millennium (and above) since antiquity. Still would it be possible to make their family members more prone to rebellion to reflect political instability (verge of rebellion) during the time since Fatimids was in a full decline (and even a tribute state of Kingdom of Jerusalem by 1130s) oh and a few rebel stacks would make it even better.

I think its also best to make less infrastructure for the Fatimids at the start of the game to truly reflect their decline so it will take ages for the region to reach full potential.

note: how are your battles going and caught any other bugs?
    Last edited by The excited one; May 27, 2015 at 08:52 PM.
    (george orwell 1984)

Technically Egypt was quite wealthy by classical/medieval standards due to its agricultural output and its export of wheat supplying Europe for a millennium (and above) since antiquity. Still would it be possible to make their family members more prone to rebellion to reflect political instability (verge of rebellion) during the time since Fatimids was in a full decline (and even a tribute state of Kingdom of Jerusalem by 1130s) oh and a few rebel stacks would make it even better.

I think its also best to make less infrastructure for the Fatimids at the start of the game to truly reflect their decline so it will take ages for the region to reach full potential.

note: how are your battles going and caught any other bugs?
    I agree about your suggestions about the Fatimids.

The battles work well with no bugs. The only problem I've found is that typically a general's bodyguard are too strong and it can take far too long for them to be killed.

I agree about your suggestions about the Fatimids.
    Thankyou this is just simply logical, a declining empire will always leads to abandonment and negligent of infrastructure.

The battles work well with no bugs. The only problem I've found is that typically a general's bodyguard are too strong and it can take far too long for them to be killed.
    Congrats for not having bugs during battles, you could try to reduce general HP a-bit for him to get killed, besides isn't general's bodyguard tends to be hard to kill?

Anyways hows your siege battles going, any new bugs? I remembered you have encounter some rare bugs during sieges.

Also keep us in touch with the playtest progress, it sounds quite interesting.
    Last edited by The excited one; May 28, 2015 at 04:47 AM. Reason: VERY INTERESTING
    (george orwell 1984)

Is the recruitment system different from vanilla?

Also, will you guys be fixing the two-handed sword glitch?(two-handed units block too often and attack infrequently)

I have a personal mod you can use whatever you need out of it. It's a mix and match of alot of differant mods not sure how permission would work since I've manged it altogether. It does have many unique units for alot of factions tho. Either re-skinned / re-modeled or both. Heres a few pics.

Feudal Knights, France an Aragon

Knights Montesa

various infantry / spearmen

If any of these are of interest I can post more from other units / factions
    Last edited by Curt2013; June 08, 2015 at 02:25 AM.

reported for off-topic ^
    (george orwell 1984)

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Some of them are from GeMiNi][SaNDy, made for DLV: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-(Jan-26-2015)
    His material is free of use as long you give him credit
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I was'nt trying to derail this thread just saw a few posts back that Dots needed some units. Just thought I'd make an offer is all.

Yes, some of the units are based of Sandys excellant models.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Curt2013 View Post
    I was'nt trying to derail this thread just saw a few posts back that Dots needed some units. Just thought I'd make an offer is all.

Yes, some of the units are based of Sandys excellant models.
    We'd be very happy to use units with historical heraldry, thank you. We are taking the best from wherever we can, but for some units we don't have anything -such as the Order of Dobryn, Order of Tau and some regional or noble units like late Moldavians or Italians

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

i also may give u my seljuk units for the dominion of swords mod.
    first i need to finish myself sure.
    here my is my mod
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...he-Turks/page5

It would be great if u guys import his units !

Beautiful work.

You guys making the mod should really look at national geographic's medieval fight book for historically accurate and strange medieval siege engines that are not common of knowledge. Check it out! please! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=johsROyZLSk

i have crashs after 1 turn,what should i do?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast