Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Riverrun, Seat of House Tully

Default Re: Riverrun, Seat of House Tully

Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    "The eldest daughter of When is my wife. Harrenhall should be hers, should be mine, Lord Protector"

With respect, Lord Frey, Harren Whent is the Lord of Harrenhal.
    Brynden growled gruffly, staring harshly at Frey. A squalling babe played no part in the Black Feast. And while he remains Lord of Harrenhal, I shall ensure you are compensated for all of this. He said, regaining his composure slightly. Frey was loyal, there was no doubt, but there was a line.

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The Red Woman who'd entered Lord Tully's hall so long ago found her way back to Riverrun itself, though this time there would be no Edmund Tully to greet her.. she'd seen his death in the flames and again when word spread of Wode and his feast. Her following had grown and grown to the point where it was exceedingly rare to see a man or woman in the entire province who didn't hold faith to the Red God. She was dressed in a tight red silken dress of foreign make, her golden chocker right about her neck, despite the cold she wore no cloak saying the fires of her lord kept her warmed from winter's chill. With her came many small folk and minor nobility, wearing red arm bands to identify them as followers of the Lord of Light - once a mark of shame and suspicion it had become a uniting factor among the people in these dark times. She requests entrance to speak with this Blackfish, regent of Riverrun.

The Blackfish, who currently was holding court with most of the Lords of the Riverlands, allowed this Red Woman to enter.

Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

OOC: Unfortunately Tom Mallister is not as content and amicable as his brother, so don't expect much love from the Mallisters until Tristan recovers.

Tom Mallister had kept his tongue still whilst he watched the charade what was the political power-plays that were to be expected, lords jostling for influence and reward. He owed loyalty to the Freys so was content to back their claim, yet he had more grand ideas to recompense his house's suffering.

"I am afraid that the boy is not fit to inherit such a foul place, I do not see any advantage of letting him keep his claim. He paused, In fact I do not agree with appointing a castellan either, Wode has proven that allowing men temporary power is a grave mistake. Lord Frey's wife would provide much more stability in these troubled times..."

Lord Frey nodded thankfully to Mallister. And he looked with deep disgust the Red Woman. The Freys' piety was widely known; Frey's grandfather even mortified his flesh.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Roxas View Post
    OOC: Unfortunately Tom Mallister is not as content and amicable as his brother, so don't expect much love from the Mallisters until Tristan recovers.

Tom Mallister had kept his tongue still whilst he watched the charade what was the political power-plays that were to be expected, lords jostling for influence and reward. He owed loyalty to the Freys so was content to back their claim, yet he had more grand ideas to recompense his house's suffering.

"I am afraid that the boy is not fit to inherit such a foul place, I do not see any advantage of letting him keep his claim. He paused, In fact I do not agree with appointing a castellan either, Wode has proven that allowing men temporary power is a grave mistake. Lord Frey's wife would provide much more stability in these troubled times..."

Brynden frowned, his thick brows furrowing. Harren is the rightful heir, surely? Looking at Mallister, he responded harshly.

I am in a position of temporary power, Ser Mallister. However I fear I am not like to slaughter you all here where you stand.
    No matter how tempting some of you make it...

Clearing his throat, he continued. Perhaps he had been too harsh.

Regardless, we have all suffered much. I shall reward all of you with a portion of Harrenhal's treasury. Each of you,
    He gestured to the Lords, May pick and choose a Whent wife for an unmarried scion of your family.
    Last edited by Gandalfus; May 27, 2015 at 12:24 PM.

ooc: Lord Mallister is married to Myrcella Lannister, and his brother to Perra Frey.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Lord Frey nodded thankfully to Mallister. And he looked with deep disgust the Red Woman. The Freys' piety was widely known; Frey's grandfather even mortified his flesh.
    The presence of the Red Woman warmed the room, not in a figurative sense but in a literal one as her presence alone lite a flame in those around her which left a feeling of summer in the air - these Red Priests and Preistesses had powerful magic… dark as well perhaps. She grinned menacingly at the Frey her bright Crimson lips in stark contrast to her porcelain skin. She cared not for the fools that followed this seven, servants of the great other without question, no they would see the light or be burnt away by it… in time. She would hold her tongue for now… she did know know this Blackfish and Westerosi are always so touchy about their courts and their formalities.

ooc: Lord Mallister is married to Myrcella Lannister, and his brother to Perra Frey.
    OOC: Nevermind, then. I'll think of something else.

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Myra frowned at the Mallister's suggestion. If every time an infant lord was disposed of then numerous noble houses would have been replaced. Hereditary rights would have no real power. Commoners could potentially rise to positions of power, or certain houses...

There is the right of birth, Ser Mallister. Laws of men and gods which lend their support to your own brother's claim over Seagard. With his current state, does that mean his lady-wife should take over his lands? Harren remains Lord as is law. The advantage is that no one comes looking to replace your family.

----

Afterwards.

Lord-Protector, if I may be so bold as to request a boon from your family?
    Myra flashed a brief smile. The ruins of Oldstones once was the seat of kings. The ancient history of our people lies in those moss-covered stones. I would ask that with your blessings, House Darry may see it return to its former glory: a stronghold built in reverence to the majesty of the riverlands. My family have brought prosperity to Darry, to the thousands who live within our lands. I would extend that wealth over more of your loyal subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Aquilifer View Post
    Myra frowned at the Mallister's suggestion. If every time an infant lord was disposed of then numerous noble houses would have been replaced. Hereditary rights would have no real power. Commoners could potentially rise to positions of power, or certain houses...

There is the right of birth, Ser Mallister. Laws of men and gods which lend their support to your own brother's claim over Seagard. With his current state, does that mean his lady-wife should take over his lands? Harren remains Lord as is law. The advantage is that no one comes looking to replace your family.

----

Afterwards.

Lord-Protector, if I may be so bold as to request a boon from your family?
    Myra flashed a brief smile. The ruins of Oldstones once was the seat of kings. The ancient history of our people lies in those moss-covered stones. I would ask that with your blessings, House Darry may see it return to its former glory: a stronghold built in reverence to the majesty of the riverlands. My family have brought prosperity to Darry, to the thousands who live within our lands. I would extend that wealth over more of your loyal subjects.
    Brynden clutched at his forehead, and visibly sighed.

Harren is Lord of Harrenhal. That is enough of the subject. Lord Frey, I shall name one of your family regent of Harrenhal, in time.

-----

Rising from his throne, Brynden stood on the steps leading up to it, and looked at Darry curiously.

May I remind you, Lady Darry, that the lands of Oldstones lie perilously close to the jurisdiction of Mallister?
    He smirked slightly. I have little doubt that Mallister claims it lies within his boundaries, seeing as it has no Lord.

----

After the Lords and Ladies had departed, the Red Priestess was called forward.

The Red Woman stepped forward as all the lords left, inclining her head to the regent of Riverrun. Greetings to he whom they call Brynden of the Blackfish. She'd spent the past few years in the Riverlands but her accent was still thick and heavy. Years back I was given leave by Lord Tully to build a Red Temple in his lands, it grew and grew and now by the grace of R'hllor many thousands of men and women in this land follow the Red God... She paused delicately interlocking her fingers. There is a push amongst the populace of these lands to see young Jasper blessed in the Light of the Red God they now hold faith in, I have come to see if their request may be done.. by your will of course.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; May 27, 2015 at 03:00 PM.

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Ooc is robar here?

Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tom merely shrugged, he had no desire to press the issue farther unless his father-in-law did so. If he could procure some sort of compensation for his brother's troubles he hoped Tristan would treat him more like an adult than the small child he once was.

"The Mallisters have had our share of weddings this past year, perhaps we could suggest an alternative arrangement for our recompense."

He paused, taking time to think out his next few words,

"Whilst you secure your Noble house in the aftermath of our Liegelords passing, perhaps you would transfer vassalage of House Paege of Kanet to us. I'd like to think such a scenario would benefit us equally; you obtain the security of the coastal regions in this troubled time and we are able to strengthen our navy in the occurrence of Ironborn attacks."

He smiled, his brother had always told him to keep an amicable appearance when asking for something.

"Of course once we have a Lord Paramount once more we would return them back to your direct service..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    The Red Woman stepped forward as all the lords left, inclining her head to the regent of Riverrun. Greetings to he whom they call Brynden of the Blackfish. She'd spent the past few years in the Riverlands but her accent was still thick and heavy. Years back I was given leave by Lord Tully to build a Red Temple in his lands, it grew and grew and now by the grace of R'hllor many thousands of men and women in this land follow the Red God... She paused delicately interlocking her fingers. There is a push amongst the populace of these lands to see young Jasper blessed in the Light of the Red God they now hold faith in, I have come to see if their request may be done.. by your will of course.
    Brynden massaged his temple as he sat forlornly atop of his throne. Request after request had bombarded him all week. Why is it that every man, their wife and their uncle wants something from me? Eventually, after a prolonged silence, The Blackfish responded in a neutral tone.

Lord Jasper may choose his faith, when the time comes. The boy is barely four.
    Aware that his tone had become slightly critical, he changed tact slightly. However, seeing as many people in Riverrun worship this Red God... I would not be averse to having a priest here at court.

He finished, with a careful silence. It was unwise to upset the people, and so he would acquiesce to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    Ooc is robar here?
    OOC: Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Roxas View Post
    Tom merely shrugged, he had no desire to press the issue farther unless his father-in-law did so. If he could procure some sort of compensation for his brother's troubles he hoped Tristan would treat him more like an adult than the small child he once was.

"The Mallisters have had our share of weddings this past year, perhaps we could suggest an alternative arrangement for our recompense."

He paused, taking time to think out his next few words,

"Whilst you secure your Noble house in the aftermath of our Liegelords passing, perhaps you would transfer vassalage of House Paege of Kanet to us. I'd like to think such a scenario would benefit us equally; you obtain the security of the coastal regions in this troubled time and we are able to strengthen our navy in the occurrence of Ironborn attacks."

He smiled, his brother had always told him to keep an amicable appearance when asking for something.

"Of course once we have a Lord Paramount once more we would return them back to your direct service..."

The Blackfish struggled to keep himself from showing open disdain. He was glad that he was still alive, for if these creatures surrounded his nephew with no honest man to guide him... He shuddered at the thought. Eventually, he stirred from his static position, itching his bristling chin.

My noble house is secured, as far as I am aware, Ser Mallister. Your brother is missing teeth and bones, and all you think of is to ask for land. I shall have to consult Ser Paege as to his opinions on this. He said, warily and honestly. However, he could not let the boy go away empty handed. That would be unwise. After pretending to ponder it slightly, he added; ​It will be considered, Ser Mallister.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard of Gloucester View Post
    Brynden massaged his temple as he sat forlornly atop of his throne. Request after request had bombarded him all week. Why is it that every man, their wife and their uncle wants something from me? Eventually, after a prolonged silence, The Blackfish responded in a neutral tone.

Lord Jasper may choose his faith, when the time comes. The boy is barely four.
    Aware that his tone had become slightly critical, he changed tact slightly. However, seeing as many people in Riverrun worship this Red God... I would not be averse to having a priest here at court.

He finished, with a careful silence. It was unwise to upset the people, and so he would acquiesce to a degree.
    The Red Woman grasped at her heart, her tight bosom heaving. She gave a warm smile. I would be honored, Bryden of the Blackfish. She stated. As a servant to the Red God I must never turn down the opportunity to spread his word and show his power.

Brynden waved his hand dismissively, signalling that she may go. He had little love for any Gods, and the strife that they frequently cause the realm.

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Richard of Gloucester View Post
    Rising from his throne, Brynden stood on the steps leading up to it, and looked at Darry curiously.

May I remind you, Lady Darry, that the lands of Oldstones lie perilously close to the jurisdiction of Mallister?
    He smirked slightly. I have little doubt that Mallister claims it lies within his boundaries, seeing as it has no Lord.

It would be hard to justify on Mallister's side given that they have allowed the land to grow over with weeds and moss. And it is as you said: there is no lord over those lands. I do doubt however that Lord Mallister would wish to protest too strongly, given that his sister is married to my heir. Maybe the other one would protest but he is no lord.

Taking a moment to shake her head at the young Mallister who had represented his ailing brother.

After Harrenhal, Lord Protector, I feel obliged to help strengthen these lands. Oldstones is the way I feel would do the most service to Riverrun.

The Blackfish merely nodded, and scratched his chin as he spoke.

Very well, Lady Darry. I give you leave to restore Oldstones to it's former glory. It must be fortified - it lies directly over the Blue Fork, after all.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789