Thread: Buying a New Laptop - Help

Default Buying a New Laptop - Help

Greetings: I'm finally ditching my old antiquated VISTA OS and getting a laptop with a more current OS. I would like to get one with an OS that handle RTW II and the new games that will be released in the near future. Can someone list the specs I should be reviewing? It would be much appreciated.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Default Re: Buying a New Laptop - Help

Moved thread to basement where it belongs

Get any Windows OS as long as its either 7 or 8. Microsoft will give out free upgrades to Windows 10 once it launches so you don't have to worry about the OS so much.
    Find a laptop that has a 900 series graphics card, 970m or 980m will do. If you can't afford it, then an 880m will do just fine, although it is less power efficient compared to the 900 series.
    As for the RAM, I'm not so sure. I'd say one that has 8GB

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

I'd recommend against getting a laptop at all for gaming.

Thank you both. I know a desk top would be better, but my wife, whose very persuasive in certain matters, insists I get a laptop. The reason I don't mind is because I love to smoke my pipe outside while playing. Truthfully, as long as I can play Napoleon TW and the next generation of empire or perhaps Medieval TW 3, I'll be fine.

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Haha damn wives aye always a pain lol. I shouldn't complain mine just let me get a new computer

Um in regards to laptops then the prices vary a bit locally, if you want you could spy out some in your price range that you like, post them here and we can take a look.

We need a budget first.

Any idea on the budget?