Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Ideas] Roman unit suggestion thread

Default Re: [Ideas] Roman unit suggestion thread

Would thee consider making more units for glorious Rome?! Sebidee, you're the best.

Very well,

Could you consider adding Sagittarii? Cohor Sagittarii and Imperial Sagittarii? I know I'll be cursed by pagan magic for suggesting such, but I'd like to now if it's possible, for such an empire as rome, having access to Archers, even if they weren't included in their tactics in the early phases, would be a every well recieved addition, and letting people remember that.. Total War is also about fiction, let us dream.

by the way.. it would be very awesome if we recieved new Gladiators, specially Ludus trained gladiators, sagittarii gladiators, chariots, something to add a glorious feel to the battlefields.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Roque View Post
    Would thee consider making more units for glorious Rome?! Sebidee, you're the best.

Very well,

Could you consider adding Sagittarii? Cohor Sagittarii and Imperial Sagittarii? I know I'll be cursed by pagan magic for suggesting such, but I'd like to now if it's possible, for such an empire as rome, having access to Archers, even if they weren't included in their tactics in the early phases, would be a every well recieved addition, and letting people remember that.. Total War is also about fiction, let us dream.

by the way.. it would be very awesome if we recieved new Gladiators, specially Ludus trained gladiators, sagittarii gladiators, chariots, something to add a glorious feel to the battlefields.
    Yes, Sagitarri are planned

I'm not sure if Gladiators belong in a that's mod trying to be historical. Maybe another time!
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

I'm super hyped for this and the Nomads unit pack. Good luck (good skill actually!) with making the mods and I hope to see them soon!

Will this work with the romes in the Hannibal at Ceaser in Gaul campaigns?

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Gobo31 View Post
    Will this work with the romes in the Hannibal at Ceaser in Gaul campaigns?
    Yes of course, same goes for any other faction that is in multiple campaigns.

One thing I would not change is the range of generals available to Rome. Their sword-infantry is already overpowered to the point where a Evocati Cohort + Hastati army is an automatic "I win" button in multiplayer or in the campaign. There vulnerable generals help balance that out. If the Romans how the option of full infantry or cavalry units as generals, it would make them to difficult to defeat.

Good point.
    Art finds her own perfection within, and not outside of herself. She is not to be judged by any external standard of resemblance. She is a veil, rather than a mirror. -Oscar Wilde

hey Sebidee
    sorry to post this proposal again but I can't seem to delete my posts on thisthread
    you did an excellent job but when you get round to doing Rome after the nomadscould you make for them elite legionary cohorts based on barebones wars withtheir first cohort, heavy legionary cohorts based on Augustus total war, twoseparate legionary cohorts with all mail armour in one unit and scale armour inthe other unit, two units of auxiliary infantry with one unit armed with spearsand the other unit armed with gladius swords and both units using the italiclegionary helmets, legionary lancarii skirmishers with oval shields like the auxiliary infantry, two units of auxiliary cavalry with roman cavalry helmetsand armed with one unit armed with spears and the other unit with spathaswords, a few unit of auxiliary cavalry miliaria with the equipment describedabove and a unit of auxiliary horse archers with cavalry helmets and compositebows if possible for your roman unit suggestion thread.
    I also agree with reximperator that Imago Standard Bearers and Cornicen hornblowers and Draconarius cavalry standard bearers should be added to your romanoverhaul.

I don't wish to bother you but please inform me if you want to accept thisoffer and include these proposed units in your future roman rosterexpansion.thank you

here's how to find the proposed units...

barebones is a Rome total war mod that has the elite legion that i described toyou. you can download it on twcenter forums and you will find it inside theroman factions inside the mod. the legionary heavy cohort with no pilum can befound in Augustus total war in both of the roman factions. the auxiliaryinfantry described below can be based of Leonardo's imperial legions of Romemod here in the workshop, the spatha sword equipped auxiliary cavalry can basedfrom veteran cavalry from the mod Roma Invicta also on this workshop, thecavalry helmets can be based off the original meaning unmodded Rome 2, thecavalry horse archers can be based of mcshooterz Rome unit pack. The speararmed auxiliary infantry and cavalry can be based off Rome 2 mods or from thegame itself. the sword armed auxiliaries can also be based off Leonardo's imperiallegions of Rome mod. if you do not know what miliaria means look up divide etimperia's auxiliary overhaul.please inform me if you found these guidelines totracing units helpful
    links
    Augustus_Total_War_1.3.7zintw
    barebones wars
    BareBonesWars_81_Full.exefilefront
    http://www.roman-empire.net/army/pics/imaginifer-01.jpg
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/57/Draconarius_-_Roman_Cavalry_Reenactment_-_Roman_Festival_at_Augusta_Raurica_-_August_2013.JPG
    http://www.erminestreetguard.co.uk/CORNICEN%20FULL.jpg
    http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20110308193502

hey Sebidee
    sorry to post this proposal again but I can't seem to delete my posts on thisthread
    you did an excellent job but when you get round to doing Rome after the nomadscould you make for them elite legionary cohorts based on barebones wars withtheir first cohort, heavy legionary cohorts based on Augustus total war, twoseparate legionary cohorts with all mail armor in one unit and scale armor inthe other unit, two units of auxiliary infantry with one unit armed with spearsand the other unit armed with gladius swords and both units using the italiclegionary helmets, legionary lancarii skirmishers with oval shields likethe auxiliary infantry, two units of auxiliary cavalry with roman cavalryhelmets and armed with one unit armed with spears and the other unit withspatha swords, a few unit of auxiliary cavalry miliaria with the equipmentdescribed above and a unit of auxiliary horse archers with cavalry helmets andcomposite bows if possible for your roman unit suggestion thread.
    I also agree with reximperator that Imago Standard Bearers and Cornicen hornblowers and Draconarius cavalry standard bearers should be added to your romanoverhaul.

I don't wish to bother you but please inform me if you want to accept thisoffer and include these proposed units in your future roman rosterexpansion.thank you

here's how to find the proposed units...

barebones is a Rome total war mod that has the elite legion that i described toyou. you can download it on twcenter forums and you will find it inside theroman factions inside the mod. the legionary heavy cohort with no pilum can befound in Augustus total war in both of the roman factions. the auxiliaryinfantry described below can be based of Leonardo's imperial legions of Romemod here in the workshop, the spatha sword equipped auxiliary cavalry can basedfrom veteran cavalry from the mod Roma Invicta also on this workshop, thecavalry helmets can be based off the original meaning unmodded Rome 2, thecavalry horse archers can be based of mcshooterz Rome unit pack. The speararmed auxiliary infantry and cavalry can be based off Rome 2 mods or from thegame itself. the sword armed auxiliaries can also be based off Leonardo'simperial legions of Rome mod. if you do not know what miliaria means look updivide et imperia's auxiliary overhaul.please inform me if you found theseguidelines to tracing units helpful
    links
    Augustus_Total_War_1.3.7z intw
    barebones wars
    BareBonesWars_81_Full.exefilefront
    http://www.roman-empire.net/army/pics/imaginifer-01.jpg
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/57/Draconarius_-_Roman_Cavalry_Reenactment_-_Roman_Festival_at_Augusta_Raurica_-_August_2013.JPG
    http://www.erminestreetguard.co.uk/CORNICEN%20FULL.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12