Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Ideas] Royal Scythia, Roxolani and Massagetae unit suggestion thread

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: [Ideas] Royal Scythia, Roxolani and Massagetae unit suggestion thread

It looks like the roxolani already have a lot of shock cavalry. I don't think it would feel right to give them Dacian units either since their starting position is all the way up in central Asia.

I just need one more unit for the roxolani to fill out the roster and start making the mod.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Default Re: [Ideas] Royal Scythia, Roxolani and Massagetae unit suggestion thread

Well my suggestion of Sarmatian catapracts still stands if you haven't already added it to the list.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

How would you differentiate them from Sarmation Noble Lancers and Royal Lancers?

Drakeb22's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    It looks like the roxolani already have a lot of shock cavalry. I don't think it would feel right to give them Dacian units either since their starting position is all the way up in central Asia.

I just need one more unit for the roxolani to fill out the roster and start making the mod.
    Few brainstormed ideas
    Steppes Woodsmen - Some kind of two handed axemen
    Grand Mounted Warband- Double manpower mounted archer cavalry
    Some kind of Caucasian mercenaries/troops possibly borrowed from the last unit pack.
    Hybrid Axemen/Archer style infantry unit.

Sorry the steppes aren't really one of my historical strong-points. And alotta history im familiar is simply "They rode in with horses, killed and looted, then left".

Yes, Dacian mercs may be OP for them with their top tier cavalry and horse archers.
    Maybe a semi historical (;D) Dacian inspired ambush cav unit with beautiful dracos on their horses?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    How would you differentiate them from Sarmation Noble Lancers and Royal Lancers?
    Well, it would be similar to how Messagetae have both Saka cataprachts and Noble lancers.
    Ro
    Sarmatian cataprachts would have higher armor, but maybe lower charge bonus and melee attack. A shock unit that sacrifices some damage for greater survivability.

The reason why I keep bringing these up is because, historically, Sarmatian Cataprachts did exist and took part in Romano-Dacian wars and in Sarmatian raids into the Roman Empire (They're depicted on Trajan's column after all). Yet, for some reason, CA only gave cataprachts to Messaagetae while giving none to the one faction (Sarmatians, which in Rome 2 are basically represented by Roxolanni) that was historically recorded as having them none.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Alright cool, Sarmatian Cataphracts.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Ok, it just occurred to me. How about a Dacian merc cavalry that is more adept at ambush+forest warfare? Roxolani would have to have units that adapted to the fighting style of the woods if they were to expand west and Dacia was the first non steppe faction in their way. So how about a cav unit that looses lesser charge bonus in forest or has a better missile block chance due to their adeptness at hiding themselves? To their south they have plains; as is to the east and north. So it would add good replay value to allow to styles of warfare to the same faction. Maybe tie the units to the conquest of the Dacian provinces so they can't be pumped out everywhere? Anyhow, good luck with the hard labor!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12