Thread: Spitfire's custom battle mod for NTW : play the way you want with the units you want

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Default Spitfire's custom battle mod for NTW : play the way you want with the units you want

Captain of the Wonderbolts, Spitfire A.K.A. The Colonel of the 32nd Cornish Foot Regiment Presents the BETA for her first mod:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Multi-player and Custom Battle: Cost Reduction and Choice Increaser
    vMK. I.

This mod for NTW reduces all of the unit costs to 10% for multi-player and Custom battle, in short all I've done is lop off the last zero on each unit (and they all end in a 0) and set unit limits to 0 for MP.

Campaign is unaffected!

This allows you on large funds to buy as many of the most expensive generals and units, fully upgrade them, and play, it also allows you to fight on a 1:1 scale with companies, rather than battalions if you so wish, as there is no limit to your battles, as all I've done is remove the last zero on each unit, all unit costs are still relative to each other, and you will still be limited on small and medium funds.

It was very easy to do, but very boring to go through them all, so I've saved you the bother, if you've just got this, or still are.
    ----

If you have any issues, let me know!
    ---
    Find it here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=4175
    Last edited by Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!; April 04, 2015 at 12:27 AM.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Spitfire's custom battle mod for NTW : play the way you want with the units you want

Next time, if you don't want the boring part:
    - Open with PFM
    - Select the unit table
    - Use export as TSV
    - Open with Excel
    - In the MP_Cost_Late column, use a formula (= 10% * MP_Cost_Early_Column), change the cell settings to have zero decimals. Then extend the formula to all the lines.
    - Copy the coluln, use special paste to copy only the values to bith MP_Cost Columns
    - Save
    - Back to PFM, User import from TSV.

Done.
    Total time = may be 2 minutes if you are slow

Default Re: Spitfire's custom battle mod for NTW : play the way you want with the units you want

o.0

And I thought I was being clever, why isn't there a user manual for this thing?

Steph I don't know whiter to hit you or kiss you. But I am above all in awe of you. Bravo and well met sir!

Also you could have shared how you managed to update the CB funds with me and saved me the bother, I found it in the thread bellow this! Apprently it was your idea, you rouge you! XD Although it was a very long time ago, and you did mention it in passing.

Remind me to rep you, TWC won;t let me right now, I think it thinks you might drown in a pile of gold rings and flur-du-les. :p
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

It was my idea, but I lost the UI file where I did it. I only have the final compiled version, not the working file.

I'm sure there's a working method in that thread if it is of use for you, if MoE needs more CB cash?

But I am not cross, I have learned something I did not know before, I am pleased to have done so!

Hello friends I would like to know where to put the file. many Thanks

Under data folder.

Thank you very much greetings