Thread: Moonflower's "Meaningful Resources" for vanilla - no startpos change

Icon14 Moonflower's "Meaningful Resources" for vanilla - no startpos change

Hey all,

If you're like me and really appreciate Xil0's Meaningful Resources mod, but want to use the mod's great additional resources without using a its custom startpos.esf THEN this mod is for you. I made this mod for my own use because I felt vanilla trade was lackluster but also wasnt satisfied with having to use Xil0's custom startpos to make use of his wonderful resources. Trade, because of the this new availability of resource-producing buildings, is now more bountiful and therefore an essential part of your economy. Defend your trade routes and pacts with your lives ye scaliwags!

What this mod does:
    Adds Xil0's resources to vanilla buildings; vanilla grain settlements will now produce grain, vanilla horse settlements will produce horses, etc. (see complete list in spoiler below).
    Aside from the main chain minor settlement buildings having the resources, I also added the resources comprehensively to other buildings so that each faction/culture has the opportunity to produce a majority of the available resources. Fish, livestock, grain, olive oil, for example, are now tradeable through buildings for each culture.

Main settlement chains will produce the most of their unique resource, all other buildings produce less. Also, because I have not included Xil0's custom buildings, there are no new main settlement chains such as minor_city_slave/copper/salt etc., those resources have been added to particular vanilla buildings.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    buildings/resources
    Building -------------------Resource produced
    minor city
    grain-----------------------grain
    gold ----------------------gold
    horse ---------------------horse
    purple dye -------------------purple dye
    leather ------------------leather/hides

mines 1 -------------copper
    ..........2 --------------------copper/iron
    ...........3 ---------------------copper/iron/lead
    ............4 ------------------- copper/iron/lead/gold

farm ------------------------livestock/grain
    granary -----------------------------grain
    cattle/herding --------------------livestock

commons/city centre
    greek ---------------------slave/wine/grain/olive/livestock
    east -----------------------slave/salt/olive/wine
    barb(/nomad) --------------salt/livestock/grain/slave(/textile)
    rome ----------------------slave/wine/grain/olive/livestock

industry
    east ---------------------------textiles
    barb ------------------------timber/salt

fishing port ----------------------fish

i think this list is complete... just use pfm to glance at the pack if you want to double check and look at the resource values i assigned for the buildings and their levels etc.

Compatibility:
    FOR USE WITH VANILLA, but can be used with any other mod I presume, as long as they don't add their own resources.

Download:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tv7zwj08j...s_MR.pack?dl=0

Credit:
    Xil0 for the original mod from which this mod was created, of course
    Last edited by Moonflower; April 04, 2015 at 01:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Moonflower's "Meaningful Resources" for vanilla - no startpos change

Nice implementation of the MR mod. this will be a lot easier to use if CA ever decided to update the starpos as many modders use the MR mod like me and had to change the starpos with each update! +reps

Default Re: Moonflower's "Meaningful Resources" for vanilla - no startpos change

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Nice implementation of the MR mod. this will be a lot easier to use if CA ever decided to update the starpos as many modders use the MR mod like me and had to change the starpos with each update! +reps
    Ah Toon, your praise warms my heart Glad you appreciate it.
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

Semisalis

I have been trying to come up with an idea like this for a mini-overhaul I am trying to put together. Please could I haveyour permission to use this in my Virtus et Gloria mod?
    ~ Too soon old, too late smart ~

Sure thing, just add Xil0 and I into your credits

Semisalis

Thanks, man. Awesome
    ~ Too soon old, too late smart ~

Can you add some new resources, like honey, for example, because it's extremely accurate ? For example Dacia was renowned by it's gold and honey production and trade.