Thread: Importing Magnus Mundus Map for my Mod

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Importing Magnus Mundus Map for my Mod

Okay,

I'm trying to import a map for my RO mod. I have ensured that the regions in the regions.txt file match those in the descr_strat.txt file as well as ensuring that the rebels in regions.txt file match those in the rebel files.

But when I go to load a campaign, I get as far as the screen to select factions. When I do select a faction and go to load I get a CTD with no error message.

Would not including armies be causing the CTD or something else.

Thanks in advance.

vyrille's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Importing Magnus Mundus Map for my Mod

Actually im having exactly this error too in a mod im working on currently. and im also wondering whether not having armies may be causing this.
    But my experience says it shouldnt, except have faction leader units for every faction available.
    Weeks of searching tell me it could be 3 things:
    1. a typo in descr_strat (could be anything)
    2. a typo in export_descr_buildings (again, could be anything)
    3. having a building in descr_strat that's undefined. (Say, having a theatre in a culture with no theatre, or a port in a region with no port)
    See if any applies to you

Thanks, that is most helpful.

At the moment I am trying to import a modified version of the Mundas map into RO. I have changed all the rebel files so coincide with the correct rebel names, have ensured that they are in the descr_region.txt file. I have modified the descr_strat.txt file replacing the RTW faction names with the corresponding BI ones, and have re-arranged the regions to fit under the appropriate factions. At this stage I have just included faction leader units so that I can get a look at the region layout initially.

But when I load the campaign it takes me back to the main menu and when I exit, I get an error message stating that the rebel faction Acheans were not recognised in the descr_region.txt. These happy to be the first listed rebel faction in the descr_region.txt file. I have checked the spelling etc and ensured that each rebel faction is lisyed in the descr_rebel_factions.txt file. I have also alter the descr_mercenaries.txt and descr_win_conditions.txt files to ensure that the region names all correspond with the descr_regions.txt.
    Last edited by julianus heraclius; April 03, 2015 at 08:32 PM.

have you also checked the other rebel files? like the descr_rebel_factions and rebel_faction_descr in the 'text' folder for example?

Quote Originally Posted by vyrille View Post
    have you also checked the other rebel files? like the descr_rebel_factions and rebel_faction_descr in the 'text' folder for example?
    I have.

strange. the only cause i have encountered is because of a typo in descr_regions.
    what exactly is the error message? it might ring a bell somehow, or maybe we can look it up the various self-help pages i have bookmarked..

Quote Originally Posted by vyrille View Post
    strange. the only cause i have encountered is because of a typo in descr_regions.
    what exactly is the error message? it might ring a bell somehow, or maybe we can look it up the various self-help pages i have bookmarked..
    I get an error message stating that the rebel faction Acheans were not recognised in the descr_region.txt. These happen to be the first listed rebel faction in the descr_region.txt file. I have checked the spelling etc and ensured that each rebel faction is listed in the descr_rebel_factions.txt file.

does the other rebel factions work? try replacing the achaeans with another rebel faction, see how it goes..

Okay, this is getting quite tedious now. I tired modify the map for the mod SAI splitting Ireland into two regions. I even "cheated" and copied and pasted another map of Ireland that already contained two regions as I had tried to manually do this via photoshop and it didn't work. I ensured that the correct region and city names were included in the correct files, as well as ensuring that the correct RGB values were also included in the descr_regions.txt file, and then including the new regions in the descr_strat.txt file under the celts faction, deleted the existing map.rwm file and loaded a new campaign. The game loaded to the main menu screen, but when I tried loading the campaign I get a blank screen with no error message and I am forced to shut down the program via Ctrl Alt Delete.

Any thoughts with this.

Okay managed to get the revised MM map to work in vanilla form. But when I import it into IBRO I get an error in the desr_region.txt file stating "couldn't find rebel-faction Britons because there is no rebel faction set up yet.

I have revised all of the rebel factions in keeping with 3rd Century times. I have changed the rebel_faction_descr.txt file and the descr_rebel_factions.txt and the rebel_faction_descr_enums.txt to allow for the new rebel factions but still I get this error message.

Can anyone please advise on what is going on here.

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

do you checked the rebel factions in the desc_strat and in the regions text file?