Thread: Biggest possible problem!

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Default Biggest possible problem!

So I played the mod for a few hours, then I went to bed, cos sleep!

Then I decided to play NTW3 And it still thinks it's TGW, text is from TGW, units also have descirptions from this mod, any ideas why, and more importantly, how to fixx it?!

Right removed all files begining with _TGW Back to normal, but I'd still like to know what to do to prevent the confilct next time. Thanks.

Seem may be a problem with mod manager, not your fault at all.... Will go see.
    Last edited by Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!; April 02, 2015 at 04:27 AM.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Default Re: Biggest possible problem!

Yeah we designed it to be able to be played without causing issues with vanilla NTW so it must be an issue with the mod youre using, i wager.

@B-DizL, it appears that he's using mod manager, rather than the launcher.

@Spitfire, there are several types of .pack files in NTW. In TGW, most of the files are "mod" type, but some - including the text file - are "movie" type. This isn't our choice, unfortunately certain modifications require certain pack types. Mod manager only disables "mod" type packs. So if you want to make sure TGW is fully de-activated, you need to move the files to a different folder.

It might also be possible to rename the TGW "movie" type packs so that they are alphabetically superior or inferior (I don't remember which) to the NTW3 "movie" type packs.

PS. Biggest possible problem?
    Last edited by King Sama; April 02, 2015 at 03:09 PM.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    @B-DizL, it appears that he's using mod manager, rather than the launcher.

@Spitfire, there are several types of .pack files in NTW. In TGW, most of the files are "mod" type, but some - including the text file - are "movie" type. This isn't our choice, unfortunately certain modifications require certain pack types. Mod manager only disables "mod" type packs. So if you want to make sure TGW is fully de-activated, you need to move the files to a different folder.

It might also be possible to rename the TGW "movie" type packs so that they are alphabetically superior or inferior (I don't remember which) to the NTW3 "movie" type packs.

PS. Biggest possible problem?

With a mod? Yeah! xoxo

Thank you, I shall be removing the mod forthwith into it's own folder!

This affects vinilla NTW too!

Erm does it have it's own launcher?
    Last edited by Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!; April 02, 2015 at 08:34 PM.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!