Thread: Odd Crash

Acamality's Avatar Laetus

Default Odd Crash

I'm playing a game as the Zora around turn 43ish I believe and I'm unable to progress now. When I end the turn it plays through until the next turn and then crashes before I can do anything. I've tried to reload the save a few times but it keeps crashing before I can take the next turn. I think it may have something to do with Zant trying to invade Hyrule.

When he beat Midna a while ago it gave me the decision to spare or save her and the following panel for some reason, as if I was playing as Zant. Now at turn 43 or whatever I'm one it crashed and after looking through one of the logs I found this:

16:53:24.220 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/Zanti_Spawn.tga
    16:53:24.220 [system.io] [trace] exists: 2044: caching directory: data/ui/southern_european/eventpics
    16:53:24.221 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: data/ui/southern_european/eventpics
    16:53:24.221 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/Zanti_Spawn.tga.dds
    16:53:24.221 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/Zanti_Spawn.tga
    16:53:24.221 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/Zanti_Spawn.tga.dds
    16:53:24.221 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/Zanti_Spawn.tga
    16:53:24.222 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Hyrule/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    16:53:24.222 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/historic_event.tga.dds
    16:53:24.222 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Hyrule/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    16:53:25.456 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Odd Crash

Quote Originally Posted by Acamality View Post
    I'm playing a game as the Zora around turn 43ish I believe and I'm unable to progress now. When I end the turn it plays through until the next turn and then crashes before I can do anything. I've tried to reload the save a few times but it keeps crashing before I can take the next turn. I think it may have something to do with Zant trying to invade Hyrule.

When he beat Midna a while ago it gave me the decision to spare or save her and the following panel for some reason, as if I was playing as Zant. Now at turn 43 or whatever I'm one it crashed and after looking through one of the logs I found this:

16:53:24.220 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/Zanti_Spawn.tga
    16:53:24.220 [system.io] [trace] exists: 2044: caching directory: data/ui/southern_european/eventpics
    16:53:24.221 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: data/ui/southern_european/eventpics
    16:53:24.221 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/Zanti_Spawn.tga.dds
    16:53:24.221 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/Zanti_Spawn.tga
    16:53:24.221 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/Zanti_Spawn.tga.dds
    16:53:24.221 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/Zanti_Spawn.tga
    16:53:24.222 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/historic_event.tga.dds
    16:53:25.456 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.
    I know it's extremely late to respond to this, but could you please specify the exact turn this crash takes place on? I have reason to believe whatever is causing this crash is also responsible for the turn 15 crash that I've never been able to solve.

Acamality's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Odd Crash

I'm sorry but by the time you had responded I no longer had the computer I had been playing on and I hadn't gotten back into Med2 mods on my new laptop until now. It may have been turn 42 if I remember correctly but I'm not sure, sorry.