Thread: Why are Stormland Knights silver?

Default Why are Stormland Knights silver?

I noticed that some Baratheon units (such as Imperial Knights and mounted/dismounted Stormland Knights) get completely silver on the battlefield, except their horses. I don't know if this happens with other units of other factions because I didn't try them all, but Renly's and Stannis' Baratheons totally get this bug. I've read on the internet that this is due to a texture problem, when the units are not assigned to that faction or something like that (I'm not an expert). I was hoping someone could help me, maybe by telling me how to add missing files, scripts or whatever

I usually use WTW Enhanced with Game of Thrones Submod and Crimson Tide, but it happens with the untouched "vanilla" WTW too.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Why are Stormland Knights silver?

It's called the "silver surfer" bug. Happens when a unit has a factional entry in the EDU but is missing a corrosponding entry in the BMDB.

For the units that have the bug, go to the BMDB, find said unit, and add an entry for Renly (will be under Spain).

If you're unsure how to do this download Alletun's PDF unit tutorials which can be found in the M2TW workshop. Editing the BMDB can be tricky as if you mess up anything at all the game will crash.

Unsure why that bug is in there though tbh, but I haven't played the public .53 in years!

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Is this in a campaign or custom battle? I believe Stormland Knights were not available in .53 Campaign.

Murf is correct though. Editing an unformatted DMDB is pretty painful. I'll have a look to see if I already have an entry for Fire and Blood which fixes this...

Also getting this bug with all the units that have the identical portraits. GoT 3.0 mod.