Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD KEYS: Very Important!

Default CD KEYS: Very Important!

Heads up guys,

I installed the game the first time and put the CD-Key in and it didn't work! Now some of you might be thinking oh he must of put in the wrong one - Well no, Kurogane always double and triple checks.

I tried to log in to MP and wouldn't work, furthermore I never found a way to replace the Cd-key while the game was installed!

So I uninstalled and reinstalled, this time with the CD KEY IN CAPS! It works,

Have fun

P.S: Some mod might wanna sticky this to avoid head aches?

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

Default Re: CD KEYS: Very Important!

Quicker way to do this, chaps:

Go to Run.
    Enter 'regedit.exe'.
    HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE
    SOFTWARE
    SEGA
    Medieval II Total War

Now open up 'CDKey' and enter it in capitals before closing. Load her up and enjoy the game!

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

CD Key in caps, got it. Thanks for the heads up.

doh nice Tomyris

If only would of known earlier.

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

moved to tech
    Last edited by vikrant; November 15, 2006 at 03:44 AM.
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

Why is it a CD-Key when the game is on a DVD?
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

cuz a dvd is still a compact disc.

Hey, when I was installing, it asked for my cd key. I typed it in (Correctly! I checked the "checklist" to make sure also) and it won't even let me click "NEXT" to continue on. The key looks like AAAA-AAA-AAA-AAAA-AAAA Is that right? I did type it in right, so that's not an issue, but it might not be recognizing that I filled up the character limit. Pressing enter in the box doesn't work either. Please help! Thanks.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Over here in the UK the fonts used to print the key on the back of the manual are very badly badly chosen. The B and 8 look remarkably similar.

I finally installed it! But now, everytime I start a game, the screen goes black and a box pops up saying: "Microsoft windows detected and recovered from a device failure." What now?:hmmm:

I have installed the game with the geuine CD key. But everytime i try to play online, i made an account and then whenever i try to login, it comes up "Login Failed - Invalid CD Key"

If anyone has a solution to this problem, then it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Just a quick question...where exactly do u go to register?

In answer to your question u have to re-enter the cd key in the change cd key box

I'm pretty sure it is: www.gamespyid.com

If you guys could still help me...

Yeh, i would change the CD Key. But unfortunately, Medieval 2 total war doesnt have tht change cd key box.

Can someone please help me. i tried replacing 0's with o's with no success, please help guys.

Cheer

*(Another) Update*
    Just to point out something, I am downloading the 1.2 patch now. I believe that if your not fully updated you won't be able to see the games on the server list. you can chat to people, but no playing for you. so update! just pray that you don't end up like a couple of people i've seen that updated it then got a list of errors.

*Update*
    Disregard what i said about the "connection lost" thing. after i finished writing this i logged in again, and poof, i got in and everything was dandy. happy killing everyone.

ok, i got it figured out. this worked for me, and i run windows 2k for the record

-go into start and click on 'run'
    -type in "regedit.exe" and press enter or click ok
    -open up the folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
    -then open up the folder called "SOFTWARE"
    -open up the folder "SEGA"
    -open up "medieval II Total War"
    -create a new "string value" by right clicking below the "(default)" string and -clicking new then clicking "string value"
    -Name this new string value "CDKey"
    -now double click "CDkey" and in the "value data" box, type (or copy and paste, like i did) your cd key. make sure all letters are capitals, and numbers are numbers, obviously. also keep all hyphens.
    -my cd key was like this "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"
    -press enter or click ok
    -now if done right, you shouldn't get the "invalid cd-key" error anymore.

also, when they ask what your "profile" is, its your your registered gamespy i.d. mine is capn_skiffy1414. i also have a few other ones, but thats not important. also, fileplanet and gamespy are directly related and you can use your fileplanet email, password, and profile name. I can, at least. i believe that if you create a fileplanet account its also registered with gamespy. i may be wrong, so if i am, just make a gamespy account.

well, what i told you i had done about 5-10 minutes before i wrote it up on here, and i got disconnected from the servers saying "lost connection" so i hope that thats not a problem and I'ma try to log in again on medieval 2.

hope i helped you guys out enough, cya!
    Last edited by skiffy1414; May 21, 2007 at 09:47 PM.

i have the Keycode right and everything right in Caps like this format "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" ... including the numbers ofcourse,

but when i open the multiplayer and log into it , i get to the lobby but there is compltly no servers and when i try to click refresh it dosnt allow me to click it it puts a red cross over it when ever i hover over the refresh button,

Can someone please help me to solve this problem ASAP.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

I'm going assume it's Gamespy. The problem is with them and their servers. If you can get to the lobby, you're in and the problem is theirs.

and how do i solve that

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Gamespy problem equals talk to Gamespy. They do have a support forum on their site. My advise would be take advantage of it.

and how do i take teh advantage, lol

kk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast