Thread: Attila Total War Mod Compendium

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Attila Total War Mod Compendium

Attila Total War MOD COMPENDIUM

Attila offers a wide range of models, armor pieces and sets that expand with each DLC and this collection only grows with the modding communities contributions

Kipcsa, a Hunnic leader, leads his troops in an epic struggle for Dardania- the Huns have been given the option to settle on the lands they've extorted or tamed in one of the mentioned mods.

The chaos and carnage of the battlefield can be modified, like any other variable.

The game looks all in all, fantastic, on max settings on the 9 series of GTX gaming. Future cards will enable even higher graphical settings. And GEM already does it's part to give a beautiful cinematic polish to the visuals
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that the game has been an acclaimed success, our hard working modders are compiling their best changes and additions for a fuller and more tailored experience in Attila: TW. These mods will of course be added to the workshop once it is online, and enabled and disabled with a simple click. From graphical enhancement and light and angle corrections, to unit roster overhauls, our community has good reason to be proud of their craft, and the tools provided to them will only be growing as the game reaches maturity. Here are some of the highlights of the modding communities work that have already been released.

Fall of the Eagles - From the developers of the late Roman overhaul Constantine: The Rise of Christianity, comes a complete unit and battle overhaul focused on realism, historical accuracy, and enjoyable game-play. Familiar resources went into the making of this hosted modification as it's predecessor.

Radious- Total War - All of the game-play changes for a more balanced experience go into this overhaul, that is compatible with many smaller scale tweaks and modifications. For a tailored experience with the beloved Radious mechanics, look no further.

Magnar's Mechanics - a series of over twenty mini-mods providing a variety of changes to give the player a customizable experience.

Rebell's Emergent Factions - Compatible with the DLC, this mod changes the standard Roman usurper factions of Egypt, Gaul, Judea, Dacia, and Pontus, with cultural units that fit the time frame, so for example, the emergent Gauls will have Frankish units.

Viking Forefathers Reskin and Roster Expansion - This mod gives a tailored early Viking look to the factions and gives immersive variety to their units.

GEM Update for Attila by Lucifer Hawk - This graphical enhancement mod has received much acclaim and gives the game a cinematic and polished appearance key to any screenshot afficianado. Aiming for the Alpha footage and promos of this generation of total war, this enhancement places you and your armies on the silver screen.

Faction Re-color Mod - This mod allows a more palatable color scheme for major factions, or close factions that might be confused with one another on the overlay. For a unique color scheme for major factions, look no further.

Sebidee's Mods for Attila:
    1. Better barricades- increases the durability of barricades
    2. Unlimited Governors- Allows the player to have a governor for every province they own, up to 100
    3. No Text Aide de Camp- Removes the advisor from the game entirely
    4. Stronger destructibles- Increases the durability of placement obstacles on the battlefield.
    5. Alternate Pikemen- Allows variance in your unit selection of pikes.
    6. All in one- All of these mods in one package.

2x Ammo for Huns Mod - The legendary bow on horse tactics and prowess of the Huns is realized with this mod, enabling a deadly skirmishing force without research and allows for more historical combat

Huscarls and Dragonships for all Norse Factions Mod
    - Brings the norse factions into the future with huscarls and their distinctive ships, previously only available for the Jutes.

500 men in a Unit Mod - Drastically increases the amount of soldiers in a unit, for epic battles

Flags of Factions Emblem Mod by Noif de Bodemloze - Adds new emblems and flags and banners for popular factions including the Huns. Vikings, Sassanids and Franks have been redone. Variants of this mod exist with more typical faction emblems and the Barbarian Invasion banners redone. For those familiar and accustomed with the BI color set, look no further.

Improved CAI mod - Improves the Campaign AI significantly in some terms from the vanilla AI.

Huns Can Settle Mod - Gives the Huns the ability to settle and become an empire of their own. Seriously considering this for my first Hun playthrough!

Occupations and Diplomatic Options Mod - Barbarian factions can now confederate. Gives all of the occupation options from Rome II and Attila to all factions. Also gives all diplomatic options to all factions such as 'gift region.'

Saxon Overhaul Mod - Aimed towards a more realistic roster without Nordic influence.

Usurpers and Rebels - By The Germans are Coming- Replaces the ERE emergent faction with relevant break-off states of the WRE Roman factions such as the Dumnonii, Demetae, and Kingdom of Soissons, Pannonia, and Noricum.

Longer Lasting Roman Empires - Modifies traits and doubles garrisons to make the ERE and WRE last longer in the campaign.

Last edited by StealthFox; April 03, 2015 at 08:44 AM.

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Default Re: Attila Total War Mod Compendium

Thank you for posting this! Also under Hosted Modifications is Magnar's Mechanics- a series of over twenty mini-mods providing a variety of changes to give the player a customizable experience. It's a fairly recent addition, and deserves mention.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

That's really great list, but why there's no Better CAI here listed? I see only Improved CAI Mod, that's probably not the same stuff (?).

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

Great work being done, but we really need an Irish modder to get dig in, were missing out on Neill of the Nine Hostages here guys

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

i will be glad if i can see my overhaul in the list too
    Attila Enhanced link in my signature.

Thx

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

idea is good, thread is good, but out of date at the moment, s/o should update it

would wait for the next patch, after that it make sense
    only 2767 current Players Vs 6102 Rome2 Players at the moment ^^ hard times for Atilla with the biggest player loss of all TW Games in the last 30days
    -412 players / -10.47%
    Last edited by Teil; June 09, 2015 at 08:15 AM.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

I guess biggest reason is TW: Arena atm, there are many Closed Alpha players out there which includes me too

Looking forward anxiously awaiting the next version too
    Waiting anyone as I do not

Hi, can anyone tell how to install this ?
    Don't see how to do it....and is it only one download ?

Thanks for answering

Sorry for bothering, but could anybody tell me:
    1) Is there anywhere a mod increasing units survivability on the battle map to make them live longer? Because they die too fast during a combat in vanilla.
    2) Has a comprehensive historically accurate mod been released already to overhaul vanilla in the way like "Europa Barbarorrum"?

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

I notice this thread hasn't been touched in a while. I just wanted to ask: does anyone know of another mod in which the Dumnonii are a playable faction? The Usurpers and Rebels mod listed here has/had them, but it doesn't seem to have had any attention for a while and posts on its thread would seem to imply it doesn't work anymore.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Knight View Post
    I notice this thread hasn't been touched in a while. I just wanted to ask: does anyone know of another mod in which the Dumnonii are a playable faction? The Usurpers and Rebels mod listed here has/had them, but it doesn't seem to have had any attention for a while and posts on its thread would seem to imply it doesn't work anymore.
    Hello Boogie Knight,

this is a mod compendium from April 2015 and so cannot be updated. I suggest you to check here and here and ask locally your questions.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader