Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth Age: Total War - Corsair Invasion v1.1 Fix Patch!

Default The Fourth Age: Total War - Corsair Invasion v1.1 Fix Patch!

The Fourth Age: Total War Development Team presents:

THE FOURTH AGE: TOTAL WAR – CORSAIR INVASION V1.1

1.1 is a fix patch for The Fourth Age: Total War – Corsair Invasion v1.0. It includes many improvements and tweaks requested by the community, as well as some additional features. It also includes a brand new Historical Battle, ‘The Battle of the Cloven Way’; this is the battle where Faramir and the Rangers of Ithilien ambushed a passing Haradrian host (and where Sam saw his first, and last, Oliphaunt).

We hope you have been enjoying 'Corsair Invasion', and that you will like this 1.1 version even more. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for offering us your praise, feedback, and constructive criticism - it has been, and continues to be, invaluable to us in the development of the mod. Thank you!

List of Changes introduced with 1.1:
    • The Battle of the Cloven Way historical battle added.
    • Many new unit cards which were missing in CI 1.0.
    • Decrease in settlement loyalty across the board.
    • Significant increase in population growth for Harad via traders.
    • Diminishment of trade and population growth for RK heartlands.
    • Possible city revolt CTDs blocked.
    • Trade capacity significantly increased for Rhûn/Khand area (and all trade resource values revised).
    • Easterling armies and hordes now given upkeep cost decrease to reflect their "live off the land" ability.
    • RK unit sizes (and some others) significantly revised.
    • RK VUS (Variable Unit Size) system adopted to allow variation in size, costs, etc. of the same unit type recruited from different settlement levels (applies to selected units only).
    • New "Lord's Barracks" added to RK (requires City Development).
    • Smith armour/weapon bonuses revised and Guild of Weaponsmiths no longer exceeding max. bonus.
    • Harad family members/traits revised.
    • Unit costs revised across the board.
    • Defence skill tweaked upward across the board.
    • Higher-powered archers' attack strength reduced.
    • Missile Ammo reduced across the board.
    • Other minor tweaks and improvements.
    Download links:

Corsair Invasion v1.1 | Mirror 1

Installation Instructions:
    • Delete map.rwm in C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War/bi/ci/data/world/maps/campaign/the_south
    • Run the installer .exe for the 1.1 patch (ensure that you have it pointed to your Rome directory where you installed CI v1.0).
    • v1.0 saves should be compatible with v1.1.

EDIT:

The version 1.2 patch is now ready! This patch is cumulative, and can be patched over CI v1.0 or v1.1. Saves should be compatible.

List of Changes introduced with 1.2:
    • Men of Mordor now replace Gondorian Hillmen on all levels of levy recruitment lines in Haradrian and Easterling barracks where built in Mordor area
    • Merc hire costs adjusted
    • Pit/arena bonuses removed except for fighting contests
    • Population growth from markets increased for Easterlings
    • Great Axes' unit size corrected
    • Historical Battles rebalanced (not fully tested)
    • Campaign difficulty level changed: Harad = Decidedly Tookish, Easterlings = Laughing at Live Dragons, RK = Bullroaring
    • Initial population of Easterling settlement increased and more settlers added to armies
    • Initial Easterling treasury increased considerably
    • armour-piercing attribute given to double-handed axe units
    • Initial Haradrian armies & treasury significantly decreased
    • War Wains lowered a little in power
    • Other minor tweaks and changes

Download links:

Corsair Invasion v1.2

• Delete map.rwm in C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War/bi/ci/data/world/maps/campaign/the_south
    • Run the installer .exe for the 1.2 patch (ensure that you have it pointed to your Rome directory where you installed CI v1.0).
    • v1.0 saves should be compatible with v1.2.
    Last edited by Amroth; November 16, 2006 at 05:04 PM.

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - Corsair Invasion v1.1 Fix Patch!

Awsome, this just made my day.

Do we still have to use miles audio to avoid the CTD when selecting units?

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Yes, although if there is anyone out there that knows how to resolve this we'd be grateful.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

A quick question.. Any reason that, apart from Siege weapons and Ships all units are now peasants? seems a tad strange to myself, unless you have managered to change what the "is_peasant" tag does.

Well spotted. We were having problems with keeping the law low enough to create a realistic amount of unrest. Adding "is_peasant" to each unit is one of the methods used to keep law bonuses (garrison bonus in this case) minimal. No doubt a lot more balancing needs doing in this regard.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Naturally i've downloaded 1.1, but not looked into it as yet.

MoN, will this be saved game compatible with every 1.0 game? I intend to test if the bridge battle ctd is gone ... btw., as i asked for an inhouse test member regarding the ctd issue, i meant not a developer, i rather intended to suggest a FATW internal beta-tester.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I am informed that the 1.1 fix is compatible with 1.0 game saves.

We no longer have any internal beta testers; the testers are those who have downloaded the Mod - hence the description "open (public) beta". We rely upon feedback and, generally speaking, it has been very good and enabled us to identify many areas for improvement.

When I pointed the installer to my Rome Total War directory ( "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\ ) it installed a CI folder in the main Rome directory and not in BI/CI. Should I just move this folder over the CI folder in BI or was this part of the installation?

Libertus

Same thing happened to me, just copy the new CI folder over the old one and it works swell.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

The build given for the compile to installer has bi/ci. I cannot see how it is possible that you can have a CI folder in your main rtw directory. Where is the readme.txt (dated 15.11.06)?

Copying the out-of-place ci folder over the correct ci folder shoukd allow it to work if this is happening. I will double check the public installer.

EDIT: My apologies, it seems that the bi folder and readme.txt top-level got cut off. We will put this right as soon as we can. It should make no difference other than to create the extra step of copying the ci folde rover your existing one (or you can add the bi folder to the pathway for the install when prompted in the install process). Thx for pointing this out; I would never have known otherwise.

Unfortunately we will have to behead the person who did the installer. We're tough here at the Fourth Age, but we get things done that way.
    Last edited by MasterOfNone; November 15, 2006 at 04:29 PM.

Tiberius Brutus's Avatar Foederatus

I will download this once I finish my excercise!

If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind,
    then what is an empty desk?
    Einstein

Fix 1.2 will soon be posted!

The version 1.2 patch is now ready! This patch is cumulative, and can be patched over CI v1.0 or v1.1. Saves should be compatible.

List of Changes introduced with 1.2:
    • Men of Mordor now replace Gondorian Hillmen on all levels of levy recruitment lines in Haradrian and Easterling barracks where built in Mordor area
    • Merc hire costs adjusted
    • Pit/arena bonuses removed except for fighting contests
    • Population growth from markets increased for Easterlings
    • Great Axes' unit size corrected
    • Historical Battles rebalanced (not fully tested)
    • Campaign difficulty level changed: Harad = Decidedly Tookish, Easterlings = Laughing at Live Dragons, RK = Bullroaring
    • Initial population of Easterling settlement increased and more settlers added to armies
    • Initial Easterling treasury increased considerably
    • armour-piercing attribute given to double-handed axe units
    • Initial Haradrian armies & treasury significantly decreased
    • War Wains lowered a little in power
    • Other minor tweaks and changes

Download links:

Corsair Invasion v1.2

• Run the installer .exe for the 1.2 patch (ensure that you have it pointed to your Rome directory where you installed CI v1.0).
    • v1.0 saves should be compatible with v1.2.

Did you guys fix the the unit number for starting units with this one? Cause in 1.1 all the RK Militia I started with were 200 (huge settings) but everyone I built only went up to 120( I assume the new unit size) and this was a new game.

Delete map.rwm in C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War/bi/ci/data/world/maps/campaign/the_south
    Should this not read.."Blah Blah..\Rome - Total War/bi/ci/data/base ?

Mainly due to the fact, that this is where it is/was for myself and not in the "the south" folder.

Sorry if one is sounding a tad pedantic.

Lord Nova,

Vanilla and most mods do not have unit-size variation. To set up and basic-balance a thorough system would take us a little longer than we currently have. It is a good idea and I have tried to establish the beginnings of it in the new 1.2 Fix. It affects chiefly superior/elite Reunited Kingdom units, and also the Militia. It does not apply to the other two factions (who always had very large populations and fielded large numbers of troops anyway).

I hope you enjoy it and we look forward to your feedback. The Reunited Kingdom has been upgraded in difficulty, partly because of this unit-size variation by settlement level.

MasterOfNone
    Coding Manager.

The map.rwm file is generated in the_south folder when you first play the game, thus it will not exist if you are installing for the first time (and there will be no need to delete it therefore!).

Do NOT delete the map.rwm file in the base folder. If you do this, your game will not function properly (most noticeably custom battles!)

Please follow the instructions. I do try to make sure my words are exact in their meaning in such matters.

Sorry thought what I was experiencing was a bug but it turns out it's a feature

RK VUS (Variable Unit Size) system adopted to allow variation in size, costs, etc. of the same unit type recruited from different settlement levels (applies to selected units only).
    I was wondering why I could only recruit 120 militia at settlements but in Minis Tirith I could recruit 200 militia..... clever.

Tiro

BTW, EAX seem not to froze in historical battles, just in case nobody noticed.

I know I'm going to kick myself, but what is EAX?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast