Thread: Can't Get Any Mods To Load In Steam Version

Default Can't Get Any Mods To Load In Steam Version

Hi.

I just downloaded RTW II last night on steam for Mac. The vanilla game works just fine, but I'm trying to play some mods, and don't seem have any luck.

I subscribed to " Divide Et Impera" and downloaded all the parts as well as several other mods. I don't see them appearing in the DLC area of steam. I watched youtube videos which seemed to show a "mod manager" appearing after you hit the play button, but that never happens. I get taken right to the main screen without having any option to load up mods.

What do I have to do so I can load the mods?

Thanks.

Default Re: Can't Get Any Mods To Load In Steam Version

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday2006 View Post
    Hi.

I just downloaded RTW II last night on steam for Mac. The vanilla game works just fine, but I'm trying to play some mods, and don't seem have any luck.

I subscribed to " Divide Et Impera" and downloaded all the parts as well as several other mods. I don't see them appearing in the DLC area of steam. I watched youtube videos which seemed to show a "mod manager" appearing after you hit the play button, but that never happens. I get taken right to the main screen without having any option to load up mods.

What do I have to do so I can load the mods?

Thanks.
    You need to "subscribe" to the mod (and all its componant parts) via steam.
    Via your steam library, select Rome II and click the blue play button.
    This should open the "mod manager" and once your mods have been downloaded, you should be able to select which ones to use eg DEI

You may or may not need to enable the function that allows older mods to be used. I believe this is caused when the mod was designed before the final version of Rome II was released. Maybe someone can confirm that.

Hope this helps
    Semi-Retired RTR Developer and Researcher
    Dont get into a fight if there is nothing to win

Default Re: Can't Get Any Mods To Load In Steam Version

I think he means his launcher-mod manager isn't appearing.