View Poll Results: Should the recruitment of spies, siege weapons, and assassins be allowed in Fire and Blood 0.9

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes to Spies (In both single and hotseat mode)

2 22.22%
  • Yes to Assassins (In both single and hotseat mode)

1 11.11%
  • Yes to Siege Weapons (In both single and hotseat mode)

4 44.44%
  • No to Spies (In both single and hotseat mode)

3 33.33%
  • No to Assassins (In both single and hotseat mode)

3 33.33%
  • No to Siege Weapons (In both single and hotseat mode)

1 11.11%
  • Yes to Spies (In single but not hotseat mode)

5 55.56%
  • Yes to Assassins (In single but not hotseat mode)

4 44.44%
  • Yes to Siege Weapons (In single but not hotseat mode)

5 55.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Thoughts on spies, assassins, and siege weapons?

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Default Thoughts on spies, assassins, and siege weapons?

Hello all,

As part of the long awaited 0.9 Update to Fire and Blood I am considering re-implementing spies, assassins, and/or siege weapons. The former and latter are incredibly useful for getting around a couple of limitations in the scripting for the AI controlled factions.

I am likely to disabled siege weapons for hotseat mode, and possibly also the spies and assassins but what do people in the Westeros community think about their use in general? Westeros currently has a rather unique method of gameplay (In hotseats especially the term 'Westeros Trench Warefare' comes to mind!).

Default Re: Thoughts on spies, assassins, and siege weapons?

Siege Weapons and Assassins shouldn't be in a Westeros HS. SS fanboys will disagree and Non-HSers wont know what they are talking about.
    You should add these things into the mod however Badger, any HS can simply disallow their use depending on how they wish to play. Rivers and Hills has siege weapons yet they are not used in HSing.

- Spys? Diplomats act as Spys in Westeros HS so allowing or disallowing them would make little difference.
    - Siege Weapons? If i wanted to play SS HSing i'd go play SS HSing. They've no place in Westeros in my mind.
    - Assassins? Vastly OP. If allowed in HS, everyone needs access and they'd need rules limiting how OP they are.

Keep them all in the mod and simply allow the player to pick if they wish to use the features in their HS. There is really no need to remove them from Single Player.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Thoughts on spies, assassins, and siege weapons?

The only one I would ban from both is Assassins, as the AI tends to screw with other players and send them after their allies (including you!). Instead, maybe you could write a script where at specific times only the player can recruit a faceless man for a big chunk of gold? If that's too much work though, I say just leave them out.