Thread: Best Mission Reward you received?

Default Best Mission Reward you received?

Playing my first campaign as Dale and fighting inside Mordor. After taking the Black Gate and destroying two full stack armies my infantry was sorely depleted. I get a mission to take the nearby Orc Encampment. I wouldn't have bothered except the Witch King fled there after I got him down to 3 men. He is there with one other unit so I auto resolve and lose 52 men.

Then I got 3 units of BARDING HIRD!!!!!! At the fortress that starts with a U. I was so happy!

How much better can rewards get than that?

Default Re: Best Mission Reward you received?

Once you get troll pens as OotMM, the 'best units' rewards are usually 3 Cave Trolls, which is pretty game-changing when you only have 2 settlements that can produce them on a 20-turn cooldown.

Least favorite? I got my Tier 5 barracks in Minas Tirith so Fountain Guards were an option. Got 3 'best units' quests in a row... all 3 times it was boats

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Ships are really the downer among units granted hehe, while I'm always as most happy when I play an Elven faction and get some additional archers.
    Pew, pew, pew!

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Getting gifts from the Dark Lord is pretty satisfying, it's nice to be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by regnak999 View Post
    Playing my first campaign as Dale and fighting inside Mordor. After taking the Black Gate and destroying two full stack armies my infantry was sorely depleted. I get a mission to take the nearby Orc Encampment. I wouldn't have bothered except the Witch King fled there after I got him down to 3 men. He is there with one other unit so I auto resolve and lose 52 men.

Then I got 3 units of BARDING HIRD!!!!!! At the fortress that starts with a U. I was so happy!

How much better can rewards get than that?
    Not much better, really. With some factions, the unit rewards can be a joke or a blessing in disguise, depending on your situation. For a joke, playing an early mordor and getting 3 of the "best units" you can get, and get some friggin mordor uruks (the game determines best units by unit upkeep rather than cost). For the disguised blessing, simply look at getting 3 olog hai late game and watch them wreck your economy with superhuman upkeep costs. Same happens for the elves, but at least every elf is a good elf for elven factions, sword quendi or heavy silvan archers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you people?