Thread: On my second game

Default On my second game

First game was a quick, short version, to blunder around and get a feel. Now I am on my second, as Shimazu, and I have a few questions.

Do other clans have to deal with too much acclaim? I have captured all of the western island, all of the trade nodes, the Black Ship, and a few provinces on the main island, making a few vassals along the way. My yellow bar is pretty close to causing the Emperor to declare me an enemy. Yet I see that Ikko has captured 17 provinces and the Emperor has not declared him an enemy. I have not seen anyone yet declared enemy except me in my first game. Does it happen? What triggers it for AI clans?

Do AI clans become Shogun by holding Kyoto for 4 turns? Would I be getting notices if that was happening?

Is there more than one Black Ship?

Where is the timer on the naval battle screen?

I know these may be very noob questions, so I better ask them while I am still a noob. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: On my second game

1) Realm Divide is valid only for the human playes.
    2) Yes, I have seen clans taking over Kyoto and becoming Shoguns. Yes, you will get a message on it.
    3) The Black Ship is only 1. Only when the previous 1 gets destroyed (say by fire or lost in a battle), a new one will pop up.
    4) There should be a timer unless: 1) you have disabled it 2) you fight a battle with a navy that has retreated once

Default Re: On my second game

Armies that have retreated also don't get a battletimer. And if the defender loses a battle where there is no time limit because his or her army just retreated, the army will be completely destroyed if it loses. I'm not sure if this rule applies when the army withdraws as opposed to losing a battle and retreating.