Thread: How many armies and navies should I have?

Icon5 How many armies and navies should I have?

Hello

I am playing the Prussia faction on the Grand Campaign. Right now, I have just reunited the German states.
    France is the only country holding the rest of my victory regions, of which one (Hannover) I own. Denmark is also part of my country, as I obliterated it in the first turns. My technology tree is almost done, everything else other than steamship technology is researched. My income is around 17,000 gold each turn and I have a wallet of 340,000 gold. How many armies and navies should I build? My next move is to get some trading posts, as I have none, good idea?

Default Re: How many armies and navies should I have?

BTW, it is Mid-1809

You can certainly afford a lot more Build as many armies as you have Generals available. Make sure you build enough Military Academies. As for navies, Try to get at least 1 solid battle fleet(8-10 Ships of the line + support ships), then maybe 1-2 cruising fleets of 4-6 frigates to hunt down smaller fleets. Then get a backup Battle Fleet to protect your Home Waters.

Thanks

NP, and welcome to TWC, btw

Thank you again. I was thinking people would take the mickey of me for being a noob.