Thread: "prestige" mechanic Celtic culture pack. Who knows what this is?

Default "prestige" mechanic Celtic culture pack. Who knows what this is?

Can someone please tell me what this prestige thing is that you need to unlock new buildings or whatever?

The reason I ask is because new mechanics are actually something I like to see in DLCs, and whilst I'm fairly certain that this is going to be nothing special at all (since CA haven't made a massive deal about it) I'd still like to know what it is.

TY
    x.

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: "prestige" mechanic Celtic culture pack. Who knows what this is?

I expect it's tied to imperium level. It could be to do with faction politics, one of the three bars (dominion, power, control).
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Haven't gotten hands on with the DLC yet but according to the description you needed to perform a 'great feat' to unlock

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

I also think its Imperium based, could be linked to their event scripts too if its nicely done!

Whats funny is that there is a lot of prestige based things available in Attila, but most are empty (+ leftover of ETW/NTW).
    If we could interpret the way this "prestige" mechanic works for the Celts, we could probably add it to anyone and anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Leving View Post
    Can someone please tell me what this prestige thing is that you need to unlock new buildings or whatever?

The reason I ask is because new mechanics are actually something I like to see in DLCs, and whilst I'm fairly certain that this is going to be nothing special at all (since CA haven't made a massive deal about it) I'd still like to know what it is.

TY
    x.
    Hey, there are 3 level 5 buildings that i have seen, 1 upgrade from tavern and it needs 2 herioc victories, a lvl 5 temple that needs i guess 3-4 lvl 4 temples and you have to have your religion dominant in all of your regions (or just a number, i dont remember exactly), the third is upgraded from the ember store chain if i remeber correctly, and it requires you to trade 9 resources. They all have quite good effects, it is a good idea, they could implement this for all factions.