Thread: Faction color, and regional unit quick mod suggestion

Hansa's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Faction color, and regional unit quick mod suggestion

Now that I have played the game, I have a few suggestions to making the game better without modding to much. Being a computer analphabet myself, I can not do much, and don't really have the time to learn to mod, anyways, here is my humble suggestion:

In my view, faction colours are normally needless, and they are way to bright and dominating in M2TW, a great improvement from RTW, but still, there is still a bit of lego feeling to the units.

A great thing about this game though are the mercenary units, Turkopoles, Flemish pikemen, Balkan archers, Armenian Lancers Kazwarmian heavy cavalery, Crusader knights etc. They are without faction colours, and look great. My suggestion is therefore to replace the faction units with mercenaries as far as possible, and make the mercenaries buildable in the areas where they can be hired (Flemish in Flanders, Balkans in the Balkans etc). Though I know wery little about modding, and we haven't gotten the pack extractor yet, I suspect this will be easy for people who know this sort of thing.

Also, and this requires skinning, the Order knights look awful, Black Hospitallers on red English horses. The faction horses for Templars, Hospitallers, Santiago and Teutonics need to go, and fast!!!.
    GEIR HASUND!

By the way, though my avatar might indicate so, I am not a citizen of Germany, though my ancestry have a branch in this great nation.

Hansa's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Faction color, and regional unit quick mod sug

Thanks for all the productive and informative replies folks, had no idea this thread would be this popular.
    GEIR HASUND!

By the way, though my avatar might indicate so, I am not a citizen of Germany, though my ancestry have a branch in this great nation.

You are welcome
    You ask for steak, I bring you fish. You say that you think steak is better than fish. I say that fish is much more popular than steak so obviously it's better. You say that no matter how good the fish is it can't be better at being steak than the actual steak we used to serve. I say that's just your perception and you're entitled to it but you should accept that fish is the future and that's good. You begin to say something but I stab you in the eye with a fork and run into the kitchen.

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

hansa be patient
    eveybody is busy playing the game

and re ur idea it looks like area of recriutment concept to me .
    which btw many rtw mods also use
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean