Thread: [Bath Products] Aroma Sense 9000 Shower Head, with Vitamin C and chlorine elimination

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Icon9 [Bath Products] Aroma Sense 9000 Shower Head, with Vitamin C and chlorine elimination

Name: Aroma Sense 9000 Shower Head
    Producer: KNTEC (Korea)
    Bought it from: local shop

Primary use:
    A shower head, with supposed high-pressurized water jetting.

Side benefits:
    Chlorine elimination & adding Vitamin C into water - good for skin it says

Spec: official link
    • Jetting capacity: 9.5L/min
    • Pressure: 1k/cm2 (= 14 psi?)
    • Water height: more than 2.5m
    • Head size: about 7 cm in the inner diameter, round (measured myself)

Pictures:
    (official pic; I can't find the color option in shop)

(Surprisingly it comes with a package box with pictures and specs! No local shower heads have that!)

Review:
    The very first thing you'd notice about this shower head is its extreme price: around $50 to $100, varying from region to region. Shocking compared to all other shower heads which are like $5 or $10. I would not have bought this one if not for that all previous shower heads I tried failed me. This one failed too, but it's the last option and also too expensive to be thrown away like garbage.

The supposed high-pressured water beam despite of its great showcase on youtube, according to my own test, is just as weak as local high-pressured shower heads costing $15 - though its head is wide enough to provide comfortable yet concentrated beam (most high-pressured heads are smaller) and enables me to take shower forever with a poor 6-gallon storage heater; however it is not even remotely enough for washing away oil on face or body.

It smells good due to the yellowish filter releasing Vitamin C and other materials which I'm not sure if they're safe if you accidentally drink the water; The filter also introduced additional cost because the yellowish oil will run out depending on how long you bath - I'll update the cost/time later after it runs out here.

Beam characteristics:
    Water seems air-mixed and jetted far higher than conventional multi-mode heads in pressured setting (like 50% better in my own tests) while keeps the same width/diameter, but the beam is very soft and weak in cleansing power. It's also unlike the extreme high-pressurized types which either shoot single large beam or narrow beams which spread out like umbrella - both are only useful at cleansing but not comfortable bathing.

Pros:
    • Saves water, up to 30%
    • Comfortable for bathing
    • Chlorine reduction
    • Adds Vitamin C into water
    • Smells great due to the essential oil in filter

Cons:
    • No switch / different mode (the premium version does but it's far weaker in jetting capacity)
    • Water is not pressured enough for serious cleansing
    • Difficult to grab due to lack of curved shape
    • Very expensive for a shower head; plus additional periodic cost for refill filter.
    • Cannot be used for other purpose due to weak water beam and oil in filter

Refilling:
    The Aroma filter/oil-cartage needs to be replaced every 6000L according to official spec. But in my own test, showering 19 times * 30 min * no more than 5L/min (= less than 2850L totally) have reduced my filter to 1/5 already! It seems their spec should list 3000L not 6,000L!

CAUTION: only 3 aroma/essential oil choices: lemon oil, eucalyptus oil, lavender oil; lemon oil burns your skin under sunlight and the other two are highly toxic!

Conclusion:
    If you have too much money or you need a gift, this one is worth it.
    Last edited by AqD; April 14, 2015 at 09:49 AM. Reason: update after experience of 20 days; fix previously wrong calculation

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: [Bath Products] Aroma Sense 9000 Shower Head, with Vitamin C and chlorine elimination

review completed. I also found another shower head which seems far superior at saving water while costing only half.

EDIT: it turns out the alternative from Hansgrohe doesn't seem to be superior at all according to reviews on amazon: same problems - weak beam/stream and low pressure, cannot jet water straight for more than 2 meters. I gave up
    Last edited by AqD; March 27, 2015 at 04:13 PM.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Bath Products] Aroma Sense 9000 Shower Head, with Vitamin C and chlorine elimination

Man you must have been desperate too may that for a shower head.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

I bought all the water-saving pressurized heads in shop but dumped them all.

Perhaps they'd have the right head in Arabia.........

EDIT: figured I could solve it by having 2 shower heads; ordering the diverter now... damn shipping cost
    Last edited by AqD; March 29, 2015 at 02:09 PM.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

How does that pulsing high pressure water jet feel in the places that matter most?
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

It feels very soft, softer than all others I have tried. You'd not feel high pressure at all except the beam shoots farther.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

Do these even work? While Vitamin C does neutralise Chlorine, the effect takes longer than a high pressure jet would allow from the filter to your head. Also, Chlorine and Vitamin C are not absorbed by the skin, so you are adding product X to neutralise a product Y that actually does not penetrate your skin anyway. Plus the amount of Chlorine in your water is not going to cause a problem.

Now if you want a pressure shower head to blast yourself, fair enough but I think the vitamin C/chlorine is just snake oil to be honest.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

I can't confirm - the testing material is highly toxic so I wouldn't bother with that, but it should be noted that the shower head claims to filter Chlorine only, so you would still need a general-purpose filter anyway (the floor of my bathroom turned red every week before I installed the current filter). The only real benefit is that aroma smells really nice and it's great experience for shower, albeit not safe for drinking.
    Last edited by AqD; April 14, 2015 at 09:32 AM.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

The shower head is still working undamaged after four years and numerous falling to ground! A bit of metal cover is off (plastic inside ), pressure is good. I miss the aroma.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

I know I'm late to the party, but red water usually means rust in my experience. My advice if anyone reading it should run into this problem: Instead of using filters, try to figure out where that rust comes from. Probably not from the public supplier (at least not in Western & middle Europe, in the US it's a different issue, given Flint & all), most likely in your boiler or from there. You find the rusted out tube and exchange it for a new one. Or buy a new boiler if it's the boiler. If it's the water supplier I'd start working them and get a lawyer involved if necessary. Clean water is a human right.

The Vitamine C thing is snake oil at best, as pointed out by Ybbon 4 years ago. But yeah, if your water supply contains chlorine it's obviously not healthy. Especially not to children. Don't drink it, showering in it isn't exactly ideal, but not that harmful. Filters are a good idea, though I'd seriously consider moving away to a place where you'd get clean water.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

It's Taiwan, of course the pipes are rusted and water is undrinkable and full of chlorine and nobody even cares.

Yes I moved away early this year to a living paradise

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Well I'm glad this worked out for you.

Fun fact: Iron-ically (see what I did there? Only smart people get this and give me a rep), even though red water's a red flag, it's not the rust itself that's unhealthy. In small dosages it's even healthy, because your body uses it in your blood. It gets ugly and starts tasting bad before it gets actually harmful. What is unhealthy however are the bacteria cultures that thrive in/on it. That's why red water is a red flag. And yeah that might also be part of the reason why the suppliers have to chlorine bomb it, if it starts with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM