Thread: Advice

Prince of Epirus's Avatar Libertus

Default Advice

hey guys , so i was playing with rome and things got really complicated , so please give me ur opinions
    what should i do first ?
    1-Attack Gaul and Carthage in iberia while making an alliance with the greeks
    2-Attack the greeks 'massalia , syracuse) and pressure macedon and carthage with naval siege
    3-make an alliance with gaul and expand in iberia and region north of italia

Default Re: Advice

How many turns in?

I suggest no alliances, simply do trade agreements at the outset. I seem to get more breathing room for a longer period of time than trying to get alliances in RTW and getting sucker punched by my "friends".

In general forget alliances - they don't work. Everyone will attack you sometime. I have always fancied trying to help Sparta early and get into Greece proper, but it hasn't happened yet.

1 - Fend off Hannibal whilst dealing with the Socii Rebels; this often requires the bringing back of troops from Iberia and Greece, of which either or both are subsequently lost before you can return to them

2 - Then dish up Hannibal, whilst fending off Carthaginan invasions of Sardinia and occasionally Sicily

3 - Then, having beefed up the forces in the South, you will be in time for the Free Greeks to break their alliance and attack, at which point you take Syracuse and then Massalia; dishing up the Free Greeks in the West if they have advanced some

4 - It's probably then time to eject the Boii from Italy, whilst fending off the Averni

Then it's up for grabs......
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Prince of Epirus's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    In general forget alliances - they don't work. Everyone will attack you sometime. I have always fancied trying to help Sparta early and get into Greece proper, but it hasn't happened yet.

1 - Fend off Hannibal whilst dealing with the Socii Rebels; this often requires the bringing back of troops from Iberia and Greece, of which either or both are subsequently lost before you can return to them

2 - Then dish up Hannibal, whilst fending off Carthaginan invasions of Sardinia and occasionally Sicily

3 - Then, having beefed up the forces in the South, you will be in time for the Free Greeks to break their alliance and attack, at which point you take Syracuse and then Massalia; dishing up the Free Greeks in the West if they have advanced some

4 - It's probably then time to eject the Boii from Italy, whilst fending off the Averni

Then it's up for grabs......
    Than you
    ah and one more thing what do i have to build to get Armenian Azat Infantry (playing as Armenia)

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

don´t know for sure with this unit, but you can check the buildingbrowser (recruitmentoptions).

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Epirus View Post
    Than you
    ah and one more thing what do i have to build to get Armenian Azat Infantry (playing as Armenia)
    You have to build lvl4 barrack - Army base in order to get these troops.