Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Re: In-game unit cards for AIO.(War of the gods)-Ancient Wars. Updated to version 3.9.8.5 of the main mod

Default Re: in-game unit cards for AIO (WIP)

You're doing great man, some of the best cards I've ever seen. The marble background is a nice touch too! Keep it up, in memory of Toon!

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Roboto View Post
    You're doing great man, some of the best cards I've ever seen. The marble background is a nice touch too! Keep it up, in memory of Toon!

lollol heīs still alive men lol
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Hi this unit cards look great I only play with vanila units is this compatible with vanila units or its just for AIO?

just for AIO
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Are you planing to do for vanila to?

I think u should check with NORMAL or something like that as I remember he was doing them for vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by neoiq5719 View Post
    lollol heīs still alive men lol
    In a way, he did a little . Let's just say he's in limbo at the moment, they could revive him or kill him forever. But of course he will be reincarnated if that happens.

In a way, he did a little . Let's just say he's in limbo at the moment, they could revive him or kill him forever. But of course he will be reincarnated if that happens.
    Heīs in the MATRIX

Heīs in the MATRIX
    Nah man, Toon's in the closet... finding that door to NARNIA.

Default Re: in-game unit cards for AIO (Released)

Report any funny stuff or things that need to get fixed.

Default Re: In-game unit cards for AIO (Released)

Congrats on the release dude, downloading it right now. Though, what do you mean by "more realistic pips"? What is that?

I second that Congrats on the release!

Congrats on the release dude, downloading it right now. Though, what do you mean by "more realistic pips"? What is that?
    Thx guys. The pips are the gold bar, salt and things like that which looked kinda cartoony.

Thx guys. The pips are the gold bar, salt and things like that which looked kinda cartoony.
    Gold bar? Salt? Sorry, I still don't really get what you mean by that. All I know is the icon of the salt producing building in the campaign. But it can't be that. Or do you perhaps mean the little icon indicating the unit's role (spearman, archer, etc...)?

icon of the salt

icon of the salt
    So the building icon you mean or? Seriously I'm really not getting what you mean. Maybe you could indicate what you mean in a screenshot so I'll understand.
    Last edited by Comrade Roboto; May 15, 2015 at 06:43 PM. Reason: typo

screens are on the OP. Just look at the icon of what resource each city produces.

screens are on the OP. Just look at the icon of what resource each city produces.
    Aaah ok now I get it. Those look cool. I wasn't aware of what to look at in the op screenshots of the cities.

EDIT: Here's some things I've noticed with your cards. First off, the land unit cards look great no question. But your naval unit cards could use some work. You didn't incorporate the unit on the ship in the card, so some cards look the same because it's only a picture of the ship, not the unit on it. I suggest you take the unit card of the land unit and put it on the ship of the naval card. That way it's waaay easier to identify the naval unit by just looking at the card. So a card that shows the ship + the unit on it (like the old unit cards in the AIO mod).

Also, the naval unit cards don't get highlighted when you click on them, which is annoying. I'm guessing that's because the background of the card is just the sky and not a marble background like the land units.
    Last edited by Comrade Roboto; May 16, 2015 at 09:57 AM.

The thing with the naval cards is that they are a pain in the ass. For starters if u include a complete pic like I did that would block the land unit.Secondly if u leave it the way it was then u have a cartoony ship with a more realistic land unit ( kinda weird if u ask me). I thought about including the entire ship but it looked too far to tell what ship it was. Tried many combinations but I just couldnt come up with anything decent and in the end I said since they are not important ( to hell with them). Naval cards dont highlight īcos the pic takes up the entire card and if u make it smaller then the white frame that could be seeing when is NOT highlighted look weird too. Any suggestions I would be happy to hear them.
    Last edited by neoiq5719; May 16, 2015 at 11:57 AM.

The thing with the naval cards is that they are a pain in the ass. For starters if u include a complete pic like I did that would block the land unit.Secondly if u leave it the way it was then u have a cartoony ship with a more realistic land unit ( kinda weird if u ask me). I thought about including the entire ship but it looked too far to tell what ship it was. Tried many combinations but I just couldnt come up with anything decent and in the end I said since they are not important ( to hell with them). Naval cards dont highlight īcos the pic takes up the entire card and if u make it smaller then the white frame that could be seeing when is NOT highlighted look weird too. Any suggestions I would be happy to hear them.
    I'll try and see if I can make a good looking example in photoshop.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast