Thread: [Beta] Sebidee's Black Sea Roster Expansion

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Default [Beta] Sebidee's Black Sea Roster Expansion

Hey guys,

I have a beta made for the Black Sea Kingdoms, they are Armenia, Cimmeria and Colchis. Same deal as usual, the units' stats are done but they are not recruitable in the campaign and descriptions are incomplete. I really do need your help with balancing for this one since I want to get these mods finished as soon as possible.

Please try out this beta and see how well the units perform and whether they are under or over powered. Also feel free to check out the unit's appearances, unit cards and report where they are a bit buggy. Also if any of you want to suggest which unit should be used for the mod thumbnail then that would be much appreciated

All feedback is good feedback so please reply!

To manually install the beta click on the link below, download the file, copy it then paste it into your Attila data folder. To find that folder follow this pathway in your documents: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data

DOWNLOAD

Default Re: [Beta] Sebidee's Black Sea Roster Expansion

Hey! I'm the first to reply, I suppose. Well, first of all, great work on all the units! The Black Sea/Armenian factions are my favorite ones to play, and your new units really add a lot of variety and fun to them! I can't wait to take most of these units for a spin in the campaign. I tested out both Cimmeria and Armenia in custom battles. Their units all seem pretty well-balanced, though I think the new melee cavalry for Armenia (forget what its called) maybe could do with a bit of bonus v. large and the top-tier melee and spear units might not be entirely cost-effective compared to the options that other factions have. Also, the top-tier Cimmerian shock cavalry unit has Trample: most other similar units (Ptolemaic, Companions, whatever that Pontic unit is called) don't have that, but this might be intentional because of Cimmeria's steppe/Greek mix. I took a brief look through the Colchis roster, and it seems far more fleshed out, though I feel like it could maybe do with a few more shock cavalry options.

The only really big suggestion I would have to make is to add some units from previous overhauls to this one! For example, Pontus has an "Armenian Cataphract" unit: I would find it weird if Armenia didn't have that too (it seems to be a kind of crappier cataphract than usual, so maybe a lower-tier unit for Armenia compared to Eastern and Royal Cataphracts.) They also have a "Cimmerian Archers" unit, but giving that one to Cimmeria might be a little more debatable because they have the similarly-priced but superior Cimmerian Heavy Archers. I'm sure that some stuff from the Parthia overhaul might work in Armenia and Colchis too, though I can't really think of any specific examples.

Cheers, and good luck!

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Thanks Leton

So I did two custom battles today (Colchis vs Cimmeria and Armenia vs Arevaci) and the new rosters are pretty well balanced against each other. Both battles were very closely fought and the new units performed well. There no visual bugs that I could see.

I don't think I'd personally change anything about the rosters. Cimmeria still has very solid infantry and now also has decent cavalry to boot. Not so good that it would be better than what Succesors, Parthia or Nomads have, but combined with their infantry and missile units, it's make a formidable force.

Colchis and Armenia have very balanced rosters that seem to do well against everyone as long as you combine them all in a well rounded force.

I'll keep trsting them out and posting my impressions, but so far it looks like a great job.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Leton said that some of the elite Armenian units are under powered, did you find that too?

The only visual bugs I noticed are clipping beards for the Heavy Elite Armenian archers and heavy mace infantry. Also....there are some torsos missing for the archers. These are the only graphical bugs I noticed.
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    Leton said that some of the elite Armenian units are under powered, did you find that too?
    No, they seemed well matched with elites from other rosters.

Will do some more testing with Armenia to make sure, though.

Did a few more battles and didn't notice Armenian elites being under powered.

Tested them against both vanilla armies and your other roster expansions and they held up well.

Played a little with cimmeria and colchis and they seemed to work fine. I'll try it with a few other mods I play with. I really like the way the units look. Please keep the mods coming.