Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Eldeguzids - Preview (video)

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: The Eldeguzids - Preview (video)

Yes that's correct. I'm saying that I suspect the poor performance seen in the video is probably from this inherent game issue when playing with an added 3rd party graphics effect like GEM (that the single core being used by the game engine cannot handle properly), rather than the poor performance being with the mod itself.

However, this doesn't quite explain the sound issues. Thus my concerns....

If I had a film budget and did not have a real job, I might be able to produce something that would satisfy the more discerning eyes and ears. There are no new shaders or sound tricks in the mod. What you see is what you get out of my computer at maxed-out settings. You will notice from the Yemen videoclip done with the same machine that you can get a different kind of picture by changing the game's video settings.

Edit: Also FRAPS halves the frame rate of the game because the same processor is used to record also the video. This is not a problem with videoclips made with the cinematic editor because they are made offline and frame rate is not an issue.
    Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; April 18, 2015 at 01:31 PM.

As a Person who did 95 % of research for that Faction I would say it is not quiet correct to call them Eldegizids because of following reasons:
    1) the turkic "NG" which is not present in modern Turkisch or Azeri, but in Turkmenian, was whritten in late Seljukic and osmanic language with the arabic letter گ, which normaly stands for G in Persian and Arabic, thats whythe word ILDEGIZ is a noncence !!
    it is an old oghuzic EL-DeNGiz , modern Eldeniz, which is a very common name with a meaning Soil-Sea, or country-ocean...
    2) Already during the reign of Eldenizs son Jahan Pehlivan, the dynastie began to be called Pehlivanids !! and because of this absence of the long term dynastic name, it is way better to call the faction Atabegs of Azerbaijan and not after a constantly changing dynastic names..

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
    because of this absence of the long term dynastic name, it is way better to call the faction Atabegs of Azerbaijan and not after a constantly changing dynastic names..
    Something everyone can wrap their head around too, which is an added perk.

1) the turkic "NG" which is not present in modern Turkisch or Azeri, but in Turkmenian, was whritten in late Seljukic and osmanic language with the arabic letter گ, which normaly stands for G in Persian and Arabic, thats whythe word ILDEGIZ is a noncence !!
    it is an old oghuzic EL-DeNGiz , modern Eldeniz, which is a very common name with a meaning Soil-Sea, or country-ocean...
    Not entirely correct as Azerbaijani dialects preserve this sound (the eastern dialects like Shamakhi and Baku that "official language" are based on doesn't have it, so this was dropped in official usage).

Azerbaijani scripts also had Ƞ all the way until 1939, when it was dropped with the new Cyrillic based script.

Not entirely correct as Azerbaijani dialects preserve this sound (the eastern dialects like Shamakhi and Baku that "official language" are based on doesn't have it, so this was dropped in official usage).

Azerbaijani scripts also had ŋ all the way until 1938, when it was dropped with the new Cyrillic based script.

great work i wonder when will be the next faction preview

The Eldeguzids have a unit "Aghvanian Hunters" (in export_descr_unit this named Anatolian Infantry). It is not prescribed to recruiting and I can not do that because the game simply crashes, if it is prescribed in export_desxr_buildings. In custom battles this unit normally runs. What can be wrong?
    Thanks for your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12