Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Detailed installation destription?

Icon5 Detailed installation destription?

It would be great if someone gave a detailed installation destription I put 12 parts of the main files one by one in the data folder and game launches , there are empty lines (no " Continue campaign" , " play battle", nothing). Battles are working perfectly , but there's a CTD when launching a new campaign. I had ACW mod before but I'm perfectly sure I've got clear vanilla ETW.

Domesticus

Default Re: Detailed installation destription?

Make sure the installation is clean, I think ACW might mess with main Empire files.

Anyway...

Download the 12 parts of the Main Files of Imperial Destroyer
    With all of them in the same location(desktop, folder), begin extracting the FIRST part. It will automatically extract the others. This will take a little whole

Once extracted, open the new folder, and get the Data folder out. Merge it into your Empire data folder

Download the 6 parts of the most recent patch. Do the same as above

Finally, move the script file into your Empire scripts folder located at "mydocuments/localapps/roaming/the creative assembly/empire total war/scripts"

Begin playing

Thanks mate I'ts working properly now.
    What a shame Poland has no unique units in this mod There was a submod adding around 60 polish units but it is not up-to date .
    Never mind , thank's once again !
    Last edited by StarkT; March 22, 2015 at 11:30 AM.

Domesticus

In 4.3, Poland has some unique units. Not as many as that submod, but still plenty Lithuanian Cavalry, special riflemen and line infantry...

The submod was good, but way too many units for me XD I loved some of them, but then it got very confusing. I couldnt recruit Polish units in Warsaw and such O_O I liked the Saxon units and such though. Love me some Poland-Lithuania

Just to make sure you got it installed right!

So I've followed your instructions to the letter, as well as several of my own attempts following the modder's instructions, and it crashes upon start up every time without fail.. Been trying for hours. My game is clean. Every time I tried installing this mod I started with a fresh ETW install.

Please help me

Quote Originally Posted by kevinthy View Post
    So I've followed your instructions to the letter, as well as several of my own attempts following the modder's instructions, and it crashes upon start up every time without fail.. Been trying for hours. My game is clean. Every time I tried installing this mod I started with a fresh ETW install.

Please help me
    this also did not work for me. the game crashes on launch.

Hi,

Let me try to help.
    First of all , this game is PEGI 16 so if you are under 16 don't try to install the mod.

1) Put the 12 .rar files in the same folder;
    2) Select all the 12 .rar files, right click on the 1st and extract them all to where you like;
    3) Open the Imperial Destroyer folder that you just extracted, and rename the inner folder 'Data' to 'data';
    4) Copy the 'data' folder from Imperial destroyer folder and merge it with the Empire 'data' folder, replacing all the files and folders;
    5) In the Imperial Destroyer folder, extract the 'English text.rar' file, and copy/paste the extracted file in to the new Empire data folder;
    6) In the Imperial Destroyer folder, open the Early campaign folder copy the user.empire_script.text file;
    7) Go to Start -> Search -> and Type: %appdata%, press 'Enter';
    8) From the window openned in 7), follow: The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts\****, and paste the .text file inside the 'scripts' folder;

The mod is ready to run.

9) If you want to play with a special option, extract the '.rar' file of the option you want and copy/paste the extraxted file in to the Empire 'data' folder ( replace all the repeated files)
    10) To instal a patch, do the same steps from 1) to 8) with the .rar files from the patch;
    11) Some times when making a clean installation of Empire , you should also delete the Empire folder from 8), befor reinstalling Empire (this will clean any hidden file from other mods);

12) If you are still in trouble with the installation, just remember this game is PEGI 16, if you aren't able to install this mod, maybe you aren't old enough to play it....

Hope this is helpful,

Quote Originally Posted by PMPG View Post
    Hi,

3) Open the Imperial Destroyer folder that you just extracted, and rename the inner folder 'Data' to 'data';
    4) Copy the 'data' folder from Imperial destroyer folder and merge it with the Empire 'data' folder, replacing all the files and folders;

Hope this is helpful,
    First of all thanks for replying. Second, when you say merge do you mean overwrite or add to.

ok good news i got the game working. i havent installed any updates tho. Now there isn't any text and the grand campaign is just showing france's flag

i uploaded two screenshots to illustrate what i'm experiencing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 6.24.06 AM.png   Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 6.24.13 AM.jpg  

Hi,

djmarr56,

1') when I say merge, I mean overwritte ( replace);
    2') the france flags, are probably due to an unpatched instalation of the mod,( I believe that when you patch it it will show all the nations);
    3') you haven't any text because you skiped step 5), or because of 2');

Good luck and in case of help just scream,

Quote Originally Posted by djmarr56 View Post
    i uploaded two screenshots to illustrate what i'm experiencing
    Hey man. I just wanted to inform you that the patches contain the english.txt rar file.

I'm in the same situation like djmarr56. I did all the thing you said, but I have the france flags again ( I have the text ).

Hi,

Let me try to help.
    First of all , this game is PEGI 16 so if you are under 16 don't try to install the mod.

2) Select all the 12 .rar files, right click on the 1st and extract them all to where you like;
    5) In the Imperial Destroyer folder, extract the 'English text.rar' file, and copy/paste the extracted file in to the new Empire data folder;
    6) In the Imperial Destroyer folder, open the Early campaign folder copy the user.empire_script.text file;
    8) From the window openned in 7), follow: The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts\****, and paste the .text file inside the 'scripts' folder;

The mod is ready to run.

9) If you want to play with a special option, extract the '.rar' file of the option you want and copy/paste the extraxted file in to the Empire 'data' folder ( replace all the repeated files)
    10) To instal a patch, do the same steps from 1) to 8) with the .rar files from the patch;
    11) Some times when making a clean installation of Empire , you should also delete the Empire folder from 8), befor reinstalling Empire (this will clean any hidden file from other mods);

12) If you are still in trouble with the installation, just remember this game is PEGI 16, if you aren't able to install this mod, maybe you aren't old enough to play it....

Hope this is helpful,

Do you have any idea of the steps with MAC?

Hi,

Let me try to help.

The mod is ready to run.

Hope this is helpful,
    PMPG,
    I am having a problem with step 6. I cannot locate the script file in the early campaign file as in the Imperial Destroyer folder i can only see the folders: "Lord_Lmain and Lord_main. Neither have a script. I tried launching the game without the scripts and the screen goes black then the game crashes. What do you think? Thanks.

Gameplay options Standard movement speed square formation trade ships not working for me. I did copy the Lord_Core.pack over the previous one ?

Anyone have any ideas please?

The enabled regions + technology yes is working.

Video guide please?

Hi sorry to ask but when you merge the imperial destroyer files with the vanilla empire total war files does that automatically replace the vanilla files or do you do replace them manually, sorry to ask but I have tried to play the mod but it keeps crashing so I am downloading the 4.5 patch but I don't know if the patch is the issue or that I have not merged the data files properly if anyone wants to answer thank you.

(P.S. sorry for the thread necrosis I am desperate and thanks again.)

I mean necro sorry I keep doing this and thanks.

I've installed this and it seems to be working fine other than the fact that I don't have any text at all, despite having followed the above instructions. The in game menus are all blank but I guessed my way into a custom battle and a campaign start and both worked fine. I extracted the English text file from the 4.5 patch files and that contains a folder called "Data", which in turn contains a file called Loc or something which I used to replace the corresponding file in ETW data. Did I do something wrong?
    I noticed that I started a campaign before I had installed the patch and that had no text either...English or otherwise, so is it in fact a problem with the text file or did the install go wrong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast