Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] Hungary against the Nations - Retrofit 2.0 version - (17 players FFA ~ 2 Open Spot: Moors, Spain)

FrostySOTF's Avatar Ice in My Veins
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: [HS] Hungary against the Nations - vanilla M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by english RAF commander View Post
    And about the notifying part I have a question?

How do we know who is next in line so we can PM him
    When you end your turn a screen will pop up asking for the next player's password, it'll show you which faction it is on that screen so when you post it you'll know and then just match the faction to the player in the OP

Tiro
    in a plane flying lightspeed from hotseat world to hotseat world
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by FrostySOTF View Post
    When you end your turn a screen will pop up asking for the next player's password, it'll show you which faction it is on that screen so when you post it you'll know and then just match the faction to the player in the OP
    TNX

SweLallish's Avatar Libertus

How is the map information for the video going to work? How are you planning to make this video?

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Im in!

Tiro
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by SweLallish View Post
    How is the map information for the video going to work? How are you planning to make this video?
    Well I thought I'd get a starting map of the web and for every turn I'd color the captured settlements in and say
    Which wars would now be happening and stats of it ( only by map and my pictures of the end turn reports)
    And pause it after every turn and get a different file for different turn , etc

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Richard, I suggest you become the administartor, and gets everyones password so you an get all the info you need!

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by english RAF commander View Post
    Well I thought I'd get a starting map of the web and for every turn I'd color the captured settlements in and say
    Which wars would now be happening and stats of it ( only by map and my pictures of the end turn reports)
    And pause it after every turn and get a different file for different turn , etc
    HotSeat historians are always good to have. great idea m8!

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Richard, I suggest you become the administartor, and gets everyones password so you an get all the info you need!
    The admin won't require peoples passwords. But yes we certaintly need an Admin or two. Try asking a member of the Gaming Staff, they aren't doing much anyways

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm actually admin of this hotseat, OP just hasn't been updated yet

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

We are currently at 14 players, so I think we can go on to the pressing matters in question.

Do we share the factions by everyone picking, what he wants or should we random it?
    About agents. Do we want restrictions on them or, should we play without any restriction?
    The remaining factions turn to AI or someone play their turn?

Currently Frosty is one of the admin of this HS. My question is do we trust him and allow him to play too? I don't want to deny the chance to play from him, however this can't be decided only by me.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm fine just being the admin, I'll leave the playing to you guys
    I feel that there shouldn't be any restrictions on Spies but Assassins have to be regulated, Princesses and Merchants also but to a lesser extent.
    Remaining factions should probably go AI.
    Random selection would probably be best so it's fair to all.

These are just some suggestions, I'll leave the finer details to you guys

I think we should random the nations. Only a little restriction to the assassins: The King and the Prince can't kill, and I don't care who will play the other factions.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I was thinking 30% and up assassination and like 1 assassin per 10 regions

Quote Originally Posted by Adam15HUN View Post
    The King and the Prince can't kill
    I was thinking 30% and up assassination and like 1 assassin per 10 regions
    I like the idea of both of these combined. It's no fun to lose the campaign cause your King was assassinated.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Everyone else okay with this?

1 assassin per 10 regions (EX. you can have one assassin at the start no matter how many regions you have and then once you have 11 settlements you can get a second then at 21 and so on)
    30% chance to kill generals/captains/agents and Faction Leader/Faction Heir are both off limits no matter how high the chances.

Tiro
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Everyone else okay with this?

1 assassin per 10 regions (EX. you can have one assassin at the start no matter how many regions you have and then once you have 11 settlements you can get a second then at 21 and so on)
    30% chance to kill generals/captains/agents and Faction Leader/Faction Heir are both off limits no matter how high the chances.

i am fine with that, we have 14 players ATM so will there be 5 AI factions (excluding Mongolia, and the timurids)

i think we should all try to agree on which factions should be AI ( ex. HRE, France, etc because of their supreme starting power, or milan cause of its very weak starting power)

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

If you guys want to get this started I can sub the factions not currently taken and keep doing that until players for them trickle in, It's not too fair if one person is surrounded by AI and just dominates them, if we do the random faction allocation then it's not a bit deal but I'm open to subbing the factions not taken if you guys wish

Personally i would rather have assassins only be able to target agents.

I always thought this rule set worked best. Just my opinion of course

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Basic rules

- When admin intervention is needed you must send admin a PM. DON'T POST YOUR ISSUES IN MAIN THREAD

- If the Admin doesn't get a PM don't expect anything to get done

- Time to play your turn is 24h. The Admin may grant a 24h extension if needed.

- If you have to be subbed more than a few times or you need an extension too often or for too many days you can expect to be skipped, replaced and/or penalized

- No exploits/bugs allowed. F.e. movement bug, merchant stack/fort, agent stomping, surrounding armies/navies to deny retreat, armies on ships to go through enemy zone of control (brown tiles where armies should stop), spies spreading plague

-No Hostile actions toward another faction on turn 1. This includes moving Agents such as spies and assassins into another factions territory.

Military rules
    - Battles between human players are auto-resolved. Screenshots must be posted with: odds and result screens, mouse over the odds bar to show the ratio, the armies involved with their banners visible on the campaign map, unit card of siege unit (ballista/catapult) must be visible if used to directly assault settlement.
    - Battles vs AI can be played. No screenshots needed.
    - Defeated armies and navies can not be moved for 1 turn.
    - Heroic victories vs players aren't allowed (exception when it's impossible to get another result)
    - Ships cannot leave blockaded ports. No attacking ships in ports using a game bug. It's not allowed to keep units protected by placing them in ships docked in a port. .
    - Not allowed to sally out if the result is a defeat.

Agent rules

- Spies are not allowed to open Gates
    - It's allowed to have 2 assassins + 1 for every 15 regions you own (when you have 15 regions you can have 3 assassins, 30 regions - 4 assassins)
    - Princesses are not allowed to steal Generals/Family Members. They may marry other players characters only through diplomatic means.
    - Assassins cannot sabotage. Not allowed to kill family members, generals, princesses. They need 60% chance to assassinate, against other assassins just 40% needed. Screenshots required.
    - Merchants need 60% to acquire other merchant's assets. Only allowed in your own regions, Rebel Controlled Regions, or regions you have aquired Trade rights to. Screenshots required

Settlement rules

- No destroying buildings. Only inns/guilds are allowed to be destroyed and only if settlement is not under siege.
    - When receiving a region through diplomacy all units except 1 must be disbanded.
    - Not allowed to exterminate settlements

Tiro
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Why can't you sally out if it will be a defeat, this way ( by losing) you at least do some damage to the opponent instead of him taking your settlement without a fight, frosty SOTF , does that mean no random factions?

Tiro
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Oh and I think it'll be Ok for you subbing factions ( if you have enough time) you must realise that you can't just ally those factions to each other to create 1major faction and possibly attack yourself