Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Battlefront

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Star Wars: Battlefront

I just want to put C4 on my speeder bike so I can jump off of it and send it flying into a tank and blow it all up with the A-team theme playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    I want to think that customization for Stormtroopers will be along the lines of unlocking their various different uniforms...so like, the winter Hoth uniform, forest moon of Endor uniform, etc., with some variation in there in coloring but not the full uniform. I mean, I'd rather see a Snowtrooper on a jungle planet than a pink Stormtrooper.
    The best way would be like Halo Reach and just make it possible to unlock certain armor body parts so you see slight variations in the gear they are wearing.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    Moderator Emeritus

I just want to play as a Dark Trooper again. Before the EU was blown away by the Disney acquisition, they were terrifying lore-wise.

Had the project come to full realization, it would have produced the perfect battlefield infantry unit—an amalgam of a clone's creativity, unpredictability, and initiative combined with the resilience and firepower of a heavy battle droid. The exoskeleton provided its wearer with increased firepower, strength, and durability.

The Phase III trooper's standard weapon complement included a large handheld assault cannon and two shoulder-mounted seekermissile launcher racks that were hidden under the suit's shoulder plates when not in use. They were issued additional fragmentation grenades,thermal detonators, and concussion grenades. Phase III Dark troopers wore black armor made of the nearly indestructible metal phrik, mined on the moon Gromas 16. It provided superior protection against enemy fire including energy weapons such as lightsabers.

Some of the Phase III Dark Troopers also were equipped with an array of integrated weaponry, including a pair of dual blaster cannons, two in each wrist, and six PLEX rocket tubes located under the shoulder plates, three per shoulder.

I mean, it took Kyle Katarn, Han-Solo-turned-eventual-Jedi-Master everything just to destroy one of them. A single one.
    Last edited by Thanatos; March 31, 2015 at 09:34 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    The best way would be like Halo Reach and just make it possible to unlock certain armor body parts so you see slight variations in the gear they are wearing.
    I agree. Although I'd love to get Phase 1 and Phase 2 clone trooper armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    I just want to play as a Dark Trooper again. Before the EU was blown away by the Disney acquisition, they were terrifying lore-wise. I mean, it took Kyle Katarn, Han-Solo-turned-eventual-Jedi-Master everything just to destroy one of them. A single one.
    Yeah these guys were pretty awesome. Would love to be able to have Dark Troopers, Shadow Troopers, of course Scout, Snow, Sand, and regular Stormtroopers, etc.

Moderator Emeritus

On another note, lore-wise does it really make sense to have stormtroopers to be running around with wildly varying gear? Obviously, every man in a squad has a different role to fill, and I understand that people like to have a unique in-game avatar, but I was under the impression that one of the more intimidating aspects of the stormtroopers was that they all literally looked the same (barring variations like scout troopers, etc.).

I don't know why complete uniformity would create an intimidation factor.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    I don't know why complete uniformity would create an intimidation factor.
    I thought the whole point of the armor and uniformity was to dehumanize the stormtroopers and make them seem more like robots (terrible aim notwithstanding).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Uniformity is a big intimidation factor, especially against enemies that can't uniformly equip their troops, and also lesser disciplined armies. Both the Strategikon and the Art of War mention its importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    I thought the whole point of the armor and uniformity was to dehumanize the stormtroopers and make them seem more like robots (terrible aim notwithstanding).
    Wearing a mask does enough to dehumanize.

Uniformity is a big intimidation factor, especially against enemies that can't uniformly equip their troops, and also lesser disciplined armies. Both the Strategikon and the Art of War mention its importance.
    Yes it might have mattered in ancient times but it doesn't in modern periods. It's good to have uniformity in terms of uniforms and some equipment, but everyone looking absolutely identical ala Stormtroopers is not intimidating at all. Unless you're talking about them marching in some military parade on a newly conquered planet. Then that might be an intimidating show of the Empire's might. But really it would be more logical and more realistic that they'd have their issued fancy armor, but on campaign they mix and match things. That's what I liked about Halo Reach. The Spartans wore a smattering of different pieces. Some of the stuff is legacy items and so forth. It just makes it feel more organic and real to me.

The extreme uniformity of the stormtroopers for me it doesnt changes anything. I mean i love the snowtroopers and the sandtroopers way more than the regular ones. But i wouldnt want to see the regular stormtroopers colored like all the different colors the clone troopers in the end of the clone wars. Not because it woudnt be intimidating, but just because i dont think it fits the GCW. In the original films you do not see blue armored stormtroopers, or some with red stripes, and etc.

On the clone wars though i love that all the different units have their own armor. The ones in utapau for example are freaking awesome.

So basically for me i'd not want to see that a player can customize his own clone or stormtrooper armor in the normal conquest/team deathmatch/CTF and etc modes (basically the team modes). I want it to be like in that mod for Battlefront 2 which every clone wars map it randomizes the clone legion so you can play with them all, but obviously the whole team with it. While in special maps like Hoth you obviously only get the snowtroopers.

But maybe in a FFA mode you can create your profile and customize the visual aspects to any way you want, armor, helmet, colors... etc
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Would be best to have it based on game mode yes.

Best thing would be to be able to customise most roles you can play where it applies. So stormtroopers and other uniform troops you could not customise, but rebels, jedi and sith you can customise. Never know how many sith appear in the new movie so I could see that happening. Since usually most people want to play empire, it would add a bit of appeal to the rebels.
    Besides, there could still be customiseable bounty hunters on imperial side.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

A quick search for "Battlefront Dice Clone Wars" shows that there's a rumor Clone Wars stuff will be DLC.

Comes Domesticorum

To be fair, it's 2015...everyone thinks everything will be DLC.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Even the new US presidential election will be DLC.

Frankly I'm willing to fork money out the ass for clone wars DLC.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I might just buy it a year later with the DLC all included in some ultimate version for maybe the price of a full game but including all DLC.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    I might just buy it a year later with the DLC all included in some ultimate version for maybe the price of a full game but including all DLC.
    Basically what I did for Rome II. Waited two years, got it in a sale with all the DLC for like 80% off.

Battlefront though will be one of the few games I'm willing to preorder though.

The reveal trailer is going to have some action on Endor, that much can be seen from the thumbnail preview for it at the end of the new Star Wars The Force Awakens trailer.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wait there's a new Force Awakens Trailer?

Yes, and in the last 10 seconds, you can see this.

Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

First articles are starting to come out.

http://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-...t-dice-review/

It will focus on the original trilogy (WOOT!) with the first free map will be the Battle of Jakku (the desert planet we see in the new Episode 7 trailer).

No space to land battles.

Superhero characters will be a thing :p
    Last edited by DarthShizNit; April 17, 2015 at 12:21 PM.