Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: {HS}FULL ~The Italian Wars~ FULL{HS} It Has Begun!

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: NEW HOTSEAT----The Italian Wars---- NEW HOTSEAT

I would like either florence or switzerland. Problem is I don't know which is which because the game stays in damn Italian

Narsils_Shards's Avatar Campidoctor

I would like to play as the HRE. Heil des Reiches!

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    I would prefer seeing you playing a proper hotseat Joe ^^
    Thanks, but I'm good. I may take on one or two more hotseats, but it will on mods that I'm already familiar with. Lately my turns all come due at the same time, which makes playing on time very difficult.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Rules have been updated. Factions are assigned. Campaign will start Saturday or Sunday
    If you would like a different faction please let me know before the campaign starts.
    Good luck everyone Have a great campaign!
    Last edited by Macrath; March 21, 2015 at 12:55 AM.

I will install the mod and check the faction you gave me, and if there are any other I would perhaps prefer taking - if that is OK?

As soon as I wake up ^^
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Starting so soon... oh well.

Can we check first what are the cfg HS settings used to start it?

If Papal States attacks a faction isn't it automatically excommunicated?

Lastly, if anyone wants France maybe we can switch factions.

PS I installed the mod and english translation just fine. Mod path must be /mods/Italian_wars and for english translation switch the /data/text folder
    Last edited by Vipman; March 21, 2015 at 05:26 AM.

One thing I need ( I like Swabia, I'd like Milan but it may be better to stay Swabia... )

Swabian generals all have 1 loyalty, and as I udnerstand the rebel rate is high in this mod so I'd be dead in the water unless they all get the basic loyaltystarter trait

-
    Defeated armies and navies can not be moved for 1 turn.
    This rule needs to be adressed, check any other hotseats for a more clearly defined rule.
    Last edited by Mithridate; March 21, 2015 at 10:25 AM.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    One thing I need ( I like Swabia, I'd like Milan but it may be better to stay Swabia... )

Swabian generals all have 1 loyalty, and as I udnerstand the rebel rate is high in this mod so I'd be dead in the water unless they all get the basic loyaltystarter trait

-
    Defeated armies and navies can not be moved for 1 turn.
    This rule needs to be adressed, check any other hotseats for a more clearly defined rule.
    Afaik, this is part of the RP within the mod (read Swabia's description). A few factions have disloyal generals and I am ruled by Borgia's xD

And I agree with the rule change suggestion

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by themzr View Post
    I would like either florence or switzerland. Problem is I don't know which is which because the game stays in damn Italian
    It's GERMAN you pride of the American public school system.
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

Quote Originally Posted by Vipman View Post
    Starting so soon... oh well.
    Actually we will wait. Probably start Sunday/Monday. Tavix is not participating so Hungary is open. I have invited some good hotseat players to join in to fill the last three spots, or at the very least Hungary. So i will wait a bit to hear back from them.

Oh in case you didn't like the faction assigned to you i cleared the list of those who did not request a faction. So you can lay claim to one of the remaining factions.
    The remaining factions left open are
    Kingdom of France
    Ottoman Empire
    Kingdom of Hungary
    Republic of Venice
    Last edited by Macrath; March 21, 2015 at 01:57 PM.

Or we could skip either France or Hungary to limit the size of things.

I am happy with Swabia but need the loyalty fixed, imo we do not need France to play - or Hungary. France is a behemoth compared to the other factions^^ I can take Venice instead, or France ofc and immediately announce that I declare war on EVERYONE^^,

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

France are pretty key to this whole HS, so they shouldn't be skipped. Hungary are also needed to have a phun war with the Ottomans too.

That is a simplified version of the defeated armies rule because I found it confusing if I were a new player. The exceptions should be added, and a note to ask in the thread for people who don't know the reason, and the fully explained rule at the bottom of the rules maybe.

I see all scripts were removed, even script that made the game 4 turns per year, and ottoman bonuses (one medium army every 20 turns, events of sacking cities) which gave them a chance. And movement points are vanilla

Thinking more about it I really shouldn't join this, I really have a lot to do the following months and can't afford the time, sorry.
    Last edited by Vipman; March 21, 2015 at 02:24 PM.

FrostySOTF's Avatar Ice in My Veins
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tavix View Post
    How i ll make it work?
    You don't use the icon on your desktop, if you have steam go to: Program Files x86 > SteamApps > Common > Medieval II Total War > Mods then make a new folder, install it to the new folder, name folder Italian_Wars, go into the CFG file and change second line where it says to= (I forgot what it says) change it to kingdoms and then go back to Medieval II Total War, scroll down until you see the icon that says medieval2 then make a copy of that named kingdoms and THEN to play the mod go back to the Italian_Wars folder and double click on the file named Executable (if you have modded the game before this is very redundant but I wanted to do it all just in case) any further questions just shoot me a PM.

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by FrostySOTF View Post
    You don't use the icon on your desktop, if you have steam go to: Program Files x86 > SteamApps > Common > Medieval II Total War > Mods then make a new folder, install it to the new folder, name folder Italian_Wars, go into the CFG file and change second line where it says to= (I forgot what it says) change it to kingdoms and then go back to Medieval II Total War, scroll down until you see the icon that says medieval2 then make a copy of that named kingdoms and THEN to play the mod go back to the Italian_Wars folder and double click on the file named Executable (if you have modded the game before this is very redundant but I wanted to do it all just in case) any further questions just shoot me a PM.
    I managed to make it work eventually. What I did wrong at start was naming the mod's folder Italian Wars instead of Italian_Wars. When I put the right name it runs with no problems.

Thanks!
    Im doing Hotseats and Lets Play Campaigns,
    check me out on youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVA..._B_BC6YbudjfBA

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

When you guys get the faction situation settled and want me to start the game, let me know. Right now I don't even know which factions to leave as AI.

No worries joe. i will let you know when we are all full and ready to go

Edit... 35 turns into a test campaign with a friend and everything is running great. Not seeing any problems with balancing. France is a power house for sure, but thats how it should be, goin to require an allied force if anyone hopes to withstand the might of the French king.

Elder Scrolls HotSeat for anyone interested http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...War-Daggerfall
    Last edited by Macrath; March 23, 2015 at 03:56 AM.

What problems, are they a secret, show yourselves Is it a problem with units/ships stats and autoresolve, or something else?

Not so much a secret as they are nonexistent as far as i can tell