Thread: Όλα χαλάζι η ελληνική αυτοκρατορία - A Greek RTW AAR

Laetus

Default Όλα χαλάζι η ελληνική αυτοκρατορία - A Greek RTW AAR

Hello! long story short i was inspired by Skantarios`s aars so i after a long time of wanting to make one myself i created an account and here i am.
    Prior to that i booted up good old rome total war and finished a long campaign in 230 BC.
    This aar will switch perspectives but every time i will let you know.
    This is my first aar so it will most likely be terrible so here we go!

(note. i am not a native english speaker so if you can feel free to

Chapter 0: Prologue
    From "Rise and fall of the Greek Empire"opening pages by Laurence Echard

The Greek
    Empire was an empire spanning from the cold lands of Southern Gaul to the deserts of North Africa
    In 270 BC Higher King Kleomenes of Sparta made the proposal of creating a united greek nation due to the
    growing power of Rome and Britannia. Syracuse, Halicarnassus, Thebes and Rhodes accepted while Athens,
    Pergamum, Krete and Macedon declined it. Following this, the new united city-states declared war on the others.
    The greeks won the war
    . Rome and Pontus during this time invaded. Pontus invaded Pergamum while Rome attacked
    Thermon. Memnon Of Sparta defeated Pontus at the Battle of Pergamum and Pontus was forced to sign a humiliating peace treaty
    which forced them to give up all their lands except Sinope. Roman forces that attacked Thermon were facing Antigonos of Sparta.

The greeks despite being massively outnumbered pulled out a great victory. Following the battle Antigonos was declared the new heir.
    Rome (after capturing Carthaginian Lilybaum) attacked Syracuse. The greeks won and proceeded to take Sicily.Unfortunately Kleomenes
    died and Antigonos was crowned king. Then a daring invasion
    of Italia was planned (the plan was suggested by Antigonos. two armies would be sent to Southern Italia and would capture it. Then, a third army would be sent to eastern Italia where they would capture that too. They would then be united to strike at the heart,Rome. Meanwhile, Antigonos and his army would sweep through northern italia. The Plan was succesful and Rome fell. Antigonos died shortly
    after the plan was succesful. After his death he got the nickname "Antigonos The great". Memnon of Sparta enraged invaded The remnants
    of Pontus and Pontus was annexed. The new king then ordered the invasions of Syracuse and Egypt and greece was succesful.

It is there our story begins.....

Laetus

Default Re: Όλα χαλάζι η ελληνική αυτοκρατορία - A Greek RTW AAR

/QUOTE](note. i am not a native english speaker so if you can feel free to [/QUOTE]
    free to correct my spelling.

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Your english is not very bad but you could use some practice. I wish you good luck with this AAR.

Laetus

Sorry for the (super-duper-hyper-uber) late update but here it is! Hope you enjoy!

¤Kirila the Kitten: Thanks! I will practice as much as I can!

Chapter: 1
    Consolidating an empire

From the journal of Thersandros Of Sparta

If it is anything that my father had taught me it is that always before moving on to conquering, always make sure the stability of the nation is decent.
    Currently the city of Sinope
    is having......problems.

Although it seems bad the people refuse to revolt. Memnon is apparently making an attempt at lowering squalor, believing it to be the root of the cities problems.
    However Alexandria is also having problems.

Although it seemed
    bad at first the problem was dealt with by sending in a bit more garrison forces.
    Something else I should deal with is the economy. Currently, we are making over 20000 gold per six months.
    And as my father said, once you are done with domestic problems you move on to diplomatic ones.......
    Let the Greek Empire conquer more than ever!

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sorry again for the late update. I had two exams and a few familia

waveman's Avatar Decanus

Well, I'd say a week is a reasonable amount of time in between updates. I do have one question though: how does Thersandros of Sparta fit into the story/world/Greek city states? Other than that good job

Laetus

Due to saving issues i will request this thread to be closed. I will be starting another aar soon though.

Laetus

Due to saving issues i will request this thread to be closed. I will be starting another aar soon though.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

(i think you wanted to write 'all hail the Greek empire', in greek, but hail in english also means a type of snow, which is the term you used by mistake in greek (xalazi )

Όλοι δοξάστε την Ελληνική αυτοκρατορία might be an ok translation
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC