Thread: help please :)

Default help please :)

Hey guys,
    unsure if this is covered elsewhere but after hours of searching i could not find it :c
    So heres the problem I have,
    Ive installed patches 3.0 parts 1 and 2 and patch 3.2 into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods"
    the files are there and all is good however,
    when i rename the Third age file to one of the other titles and run it through steam it loads the Medieval II game, "eg. can only play as england france etcetc"
    but if i keep say "americas" as "americas" it loads that mod :c
    ive tried many things and still no idea.
    massive total war and lotr fan (only jus found out there was a mod for this) would love to play it, any help would mean so much to me.
    Thanks in Advance.
    Han Solo

Default Re: help please :)

Hi there and welcome to TWC forums

The latest M2TW update screwed up installation method with renaming one of Kingdoms folders. You must not rename Third_Age_3 folder to something else, leave it as it is.

1) If you had already renamed it to americas, rename it back to Third_Age_3.

In your main Medieval II Total War folder there should be an application/launcher that says medieval2 or medieval2.exe , and it has the medieval 2 total war icon.

Make a copy of it, the copy will be named medieval2˝something˝, and then rename this medieval2˝something˝ to kingdoms.exe

Then use Third Age.bat ( batch ) file located in your Medieval II TW/mods/Third_Age_3 folder to start Third Age TW.

If that doesn`t work, then apply steps from here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14422184
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

And for further help check out post #14 in my thread where ElvenKing saves the day! I had similar problems (I am also on Steam) but after following these specific directions I haven't had a single problem. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...atch-%283-2%29

Err... ElvenKind, rather.

Woo got it to work, thank you both for your time so excited

It's such a fantastic mod (no pun intended). Enjoy!