View Poll Results: What Era do you think this will be based on?

Voters
209. You may not vote on this poll
  • 500 A.D

12 5.74%
  • 660 A.D

20 9.57%
  • 720 A.D

18 8.61%
  • 800 A.D

37 17.70%
  • 900 A.D

57 27.27%
  • 1000 A.D

65 31.10%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: TOTAL WAR: MEDIEVAL CHRISTENDOM - Introduction Preview [Still alive]

Default Re: TOTAL WAR: MEDIEVAL CHRISTENDOM - Introduction Preview [5/3/2015]

Hey Guys, the mod isn't dead yet, but I haven't heard from Idreaus in almost a month, and I've been currently VERY busy in my personal life (to say the least, I've hit absolute rock bottom) but don't worry, once Idreaus pops back up work will resume, and if my situation ameliorates as well

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan97 View Post
    Hey Guys, the mod isn't dead yet, but I haven't heard from Idreaus in almost a month, and I've been currently VERY busy in my personal life (to say the least, I've hit absolute rock bottom) but don't worry, once Idreaus pops back up work will resume, and if my situation ameliorates as well
    I am sorry to hear that dude. I am willing to lend a hand with the project if you need it. I mostly do work in creating models/textures so if you need any help with that let me know. Also, good luck with your personal situation, life can be quite the struggle.

Gogunbanzui's Avatar Civis

May I know how are you going to implement gunpowder weapons mechanic into the mod especially after the years of 1453? Like handcannon, arquebus, the matchlock muskets and culverins?

I'll work on this mod if there are anyone still interested and active to do work on it. For the mean time I am contributing my work to other projects until Idreaus shows up.

I am extremely sorry about my absence and disappearance. I got stuck in Brazil during my vacation over there, because my Passport got stolen (Long story). However now that I am back, we will get this going. Please, for those who were interested to join the team whisper me over Steam. I will focus on making a steam forum for us to discuss easily about our plans. The mod shouldn't take to long to make. I am willing to put extra hours to maintain the progress at full speed. Attila needs a savior and we shall give it what it needs. A lot have to be done, however the research part of it is complete, so it's all down to Unit creation, ideas and mechanic/unit balances. The Map is still under works but shouldn't take to long.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Idreaus; August 20, 2015 at 12:23 PM.

Default Re: TOTAL WAR: MEDIEVAL CHRISTENDOM - Introduction Preview [Still alive]

For those who haven't seen the current flags for the current playable factions, here they are Fully rendered to the Attila design of CA flags: (We skipping the introduction for now to save up time)

Roman Empire

Papal States

Western Francia Kingdom

Eastern Francia Kingdom

Kingdom of Denmark

Kiev Rus

Orkney's Vikings (Migrators)

Oghuz Turks (Migrators)

----------------------------------------------------------------
    For those who aren't familiar with the Islamic eras. Their flags or so called "Emblem" weren't truly iconic like the Europeans would portray themselves as, but rather they always used phrases or words to define their devotion to God and not use a sign or form of animal to define their empire. Gaius and I had this idea that we could use the Arabic language in form of an art which has been used in the past by these empires (Some used the crossed Moon and stars for example, but that was to basic and we wanted to give them more shine). Since Arabic is a rich and ancient language, it can be translated or designed differently and still be able to read it correctly. We divided the Shia and Sunnis quotations. What you see here, are actual quotations such as (In the name of Allah etc) but in form of design. I know many Muslims who were extremely happy with the design I have made, I'm hoping the community would enjoy them as well!

Saffarid Dynasty/Empire

Abbasid Caliphate

Tulunid Emirates

Umayyad Emirates

Idrisid Dynasty/Kingdom

More Factions to come.
    Last edited by Idreaus; August 20, 2015 at 12:52 PM.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: TOTAL WAR: MEDIEVAL CHRISTENDOM - Introduction Preview [Still alive]

Good news! Glad you are back!

Campidoctor
    Civitate

You guys should replace "Bejas" with Makuria and put "Cushites" to Aksum.

keona's Avatar Tiro

Can wait for this mod. It's my favorite timeframe. Thank you for doing this:
    GaiusOctavianusCaesar
    Idreaus
    Dicer

Oh man, when this mod becomes ready to download I'm so gonna buy Attila Total War( if I don't before).
    Duchy of Croatia in my Total War?! Oh I can't wait for factions unlocker mod!

Senatorix's Avatar Libertus

Great job. When will this mod completely available???

Senatorix's Avatar Libertus

When we all able to download, or do we updated automatically when we install the game Attila???

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish Doctor View Post
    About the map of Spain: Navarra instead of Pamplona, and Galicia and Asturias should go the other way around. Also, it would probably be more accurate to have Leon instead of Asturias (at that point of history, the kingdom of Asturias changed its name to kingdom of Leon.

No, actually the "Kingdom of Pamplona" changed its name to "Kingdom of Navarre" at the reign of Antso VI (1150-1194) so, for this period, the name is correct. In the XI. century they ruled over Castille and Aragon and were the mos powerful christian kingdom in the peninsula, so i think they should be playlable. Also, most of the inhabitants of the kindom where basques (as same as some Kings like Iñigo arista, the founder of the kingdom), which where there before the roman and celt invasions, so they have an interesting background.

Kudos o your idea guys, I wish the best for your development. My favorite starting date would be just as the Seljuks are invading western Iran, the settling nomads mechanic would be ideal for the Turks, you have a bit more powerful christian factions in Spain, so the Umayyads will not crash everything immediately, you have France and HRE and the Normans and a Roman Empire which is still strong in terms of territory.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

I suspect this may have been already asked, but.. the Fatimid Shi'ite Caliphate was founded in 909, just 9 years after the chosen start date.
    Is there some way to include them, even if as an emerging horde faction (with prejudice towards seizing Syria, Palestine, Egypt, and Africa)?
    The Fatimiyun rise is kind of a big deal to this period of the Islamic world.
    Last edited by Dirty Chai; August 21, 2015 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard Feudalism View Post
    I suspect this may have been already asked, but.. the Fatimid Shi'ite Caliphate was founded in 909, just 9 years after the chosen start date.
    Is there some way to include them, even if as an emerging horde faction (with prejudice towards seizing Syria, Palestine, Egypt, and Africa)?
    The Fatimiyun rise is kind of a big deal to this period of the Islamic world.

Many factions will have sub-merge with opposite religion politics, especially Islam. So yeah we will introduce them

You will also have the ability to choose either Shi'ite or Sunni as religion conversion. I believe this will give a bit more diversity for players until you liberate or let a caliphate submerge, making your reputation with them friendly, if that makes any sense lol

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Default Re: Total War: Medieval Christendom - Introduction Preview

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan97 View Post
    Hello forums!! GaiusOctavianusCaesar here! I'm the other member of the MC team, and I'll be presenting you folks today with our very first mini-preview! On the Byzantines

Faction Preview: The Roman Empire

The Roman Empire, or as we know them today, the Byzantine Empire, were one of the most influential powers of the Middle Ages. This Empire is what remains of the eastern partition of the old Rome, even though they do not entirely follow the Roman tradition, they are still true Romans, and believe accordingly. The Byzantine/Roman Empire is a Greek speaking Empire, and is a center for culture, trade, and development. The Empire is currently led by the Macedonian dynasty (867-1056), and the Empire is in a period of Renaissance. The Empire's position between the Catholic and Muslim nations poses a threat to the survival of the Empire. Following the staggering rate at which Islam grew and established itself among the world powers, and the subsequent substantial loss of territory to the Arabs, the Empire is restricted to Anatolia and Greece. Previous attempts at reconquering lost lands have been met with varying degrees of success, one such attempt being the campaigns of Justinian I and Belisarius when they attempted to retake the lands once held by the Western Roman Empire. The next 100 years could either spell doom for the Empire, or it could be a period of restored glory. Right now, Constantinople is economically and militarily the most powerful state in the known world, but it needs to remain so if it wants to survive the constant incursions and invasions. God is with Rome! And he will see it's glory restored

is seems great mod coming soon for the TW fans, but I thinks we should didn't forget about historical accuracy question, if we want get the game with historical atmosphere, which makes the gameplay more interesting and dramatic.

at this time period (IX-Xc.) on the territory modern west Georgia were the Kingdom of Egrisi and not "Kakheti".
    ...and "Azerbaijan" doesn't exist in IX - X)
    Last edited by Tadzreuli; August 21, 2015 at 11:15 AM.

Default Re: Total War: Medieval Christendom - Introduction Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    is seems great mod coming soon for the TW fans, but I thinks we should didn't forget about historical accuracy question, if we want get the game with historical atmosphere, which makes the gameplay more interesting and dramatic.

at this time period (IX-Xc.) on the territory modern west Georgia were the Kingdom of Egrisi and not "Kakheti".
    ...and "Azerbaijan" doesn't exist in IX - X)
    That's a very old picture, but yes you are correct.

800 AD is good era.but if you want to make mod in this era you should remove Zoroastrian symbols in east cities.

I would love to see the early Polish Faction; man, that would be awesome. Unite Poland around 966ad just like in history... that is just SWEEEET
    Chuck Norris can make a paraplegic run for his life.