Thread: Freezing Mid Battle

Default Freezing Mid Battle

Would someone kindly assist me in this as the life expectancy of my computer is decreasing exponentially as the game keeps crashing. I am playing the same battle as Poland against Prussia when around the same time 5-7 minutes in, the screen freezes, music still playing, but no response from the screen. I can still move the mouse with the Total War cursor, but nothing can be selected. If anyone could assist I would be most grateful. If any info is needed, I will happily oblige.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Freezing Mid Battle

Could be Video card overheating? Sounds like a hardware issue. Do you have the current drivers for your card?

I don't believe it's hardware though, because I can play Rome 2 on max settings and Skyrim with few/no slow downs or problems. I don't even play Empire on ultra, just high to ensure no problems. Plus, I've been playing for a while now and this is a new phenomenon. I will lower the settings to low/medium and see if it helps

Here are the specs for my laptop should it help. (My graphics card, intel integrated, does suck when compared to other options though) *raises fist in air and curses Toshiba*
    http://www.toshiba.com/us/computers/.../S50/S55-B5289

Tried on low settings, crashed faster

This seems to be a campaign issue. Played a few custom battles with no issues, then went to campaign and started a couple turns earlier. The first battle I played froze a couple minutes in. This vexes me

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

l a p t o p.

This is a campaign issue, started a new one and have no problems. Still in the dark as to why