Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed Syndicate

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Assassin's Creed Syndicate

It's March, which means we will probably get an announcement/more information soon, whether Ubisoft wants it or not (based on past history)

In December it was leaked that the next game, codenamed Victory, would be set in Victorian London. Beyond that we don't know much, but the leak came with several pictures, and Ubisoft later confirmed the game.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The only other thing we really know is that Ubisoft Montreal (the lead studio for every game besides Liberation and Rogue) is not the lead this time, with production mainly being done by Ubisoft Quebec.

Article from December

--
    For what it's worth, though, I think that Ubisoft's main problem concerning Unity comes from upper management, not on the dev teams. The dev teams clearly put a lot of effort into making the game, but I think they were simply pushed towards unrealistic goals. My hopes are that Ubisoft takes the criticisms of Unity seriously. Whether it was the bad story or the performance problems, Unity definitely was one of the worst games.

Other than that, I am glad we get to see Victorian London, but I do hope that we soon get a game set in another locale, besides the upcoming Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China​.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Assassin's Creed Victory (not yet officially announced)

Pfft. Another buggy piece of crap is coming. They should wait at least three years to make and perfect it.
    Last edited by gastovski; March 16, 2015 at 03:57 PM.

Blog Entries

They have already been working on it for a few years. They probably started working on it around or soon after Unity began.

None of these games have 1 year development cycles, and three years additional time on top of what it has already had would probably not make much of a difference.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

They will have learnt a lot of their lessons from Unity's problems.

If you look at the "generations" of AC, they always improve in stability and general mechanics. Revelations was by far a better game than ACII from a technical point of view. as well as Rogue being a far better game from a technical point of view than ACIII.
    After every big jump, it takes a game for them to get proper footing.

I'm really looking forward to this one. Victorian London and Revolutionary Paris have been two of my ideal settings for an AC game.

They seriously crank these out before I can even finish them.

I've lost track of how many there are really.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    I've lost track of how many there are really.
    1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 3, Liberation, Black Flag, Rogue, Unity, Chronicles: China, Victory

DLCs completely distinct from their main games include Tyranny of King Washington and Freedom Cry

Handheld games include Bloodlines, Altair's Chronicles, and Discovery.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Liberation was a handheld originally too. But one im glad they ported. Is there any news at all about chronicles: china? It was supposed to be included in the Unity season pass, but that has been discontinued.

As I've said with Unity, without the MP the longetivity and the reason to buy it on release day are gone. But this year I will stick with that (unlike I did with Unity), unless the trailers and gameplay really blow me away. I didnt have any technical problems with Unity, and the combat and the parcour was good. But the stealth was badly implemented, making it too random and sometimes really frustrating.

But the only thing we really know for sure are the title and the era

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    Liberation was a handheld originally too. But one im glad they ported. Is there any news at all about chronicles: china? It was supposed to be included in the Unity season pass, but that has been discontinued.
    True, but since Liberation has since been released on PS3/360 and PC I considered it no longer a handheld. There is also Assassin's Creed Pirates and the upcoming Assassin's Creed Identity that I forgot to include, and those are mobile games as well.

Chronicles: China probably won't release for a while now. I'm betting summer. Since they dropped the season pass they can work on it a bit more I think.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new.../1100-6427194/

So Victory will almost certainly be announced next week.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Blog Entries

Ah I just came here to post this.

Surprised they aren't waiting for E3. I wonder if Kotaku will get locked out.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Ah I just came here to post this.

Surprised they aren't waiting for E3. I wonder if Kotaku will get locked out.
    Wasn't Unity announced around May as well?
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Blog Entries

Unity was leaked in early March and then Ubisoft released this later in the month

Blog Entries

Supposedly the game has been renamed "Assassin's Creed: Syndicate", and will feature two playable protagonists, a brother and sister. You'll be able to swap between them and the game supposedly will not have any multiplayer mode.

http://kotaku.com/sources-you-can-pl...-sy-1703598017

Curious how they will handle the swapping. It worked for GTA V but within the narrative of the franchise the Animus/Helix don't work that way unless they have "upgraded" the systems.

Guess we will find out tomorrow.

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

In regards ot swapping characters during gameplay, anyone know of the video game "Dinosaurs" made for the disney movie "Dinosaurs"? I played it when I was still a little kid, in it you would reguralry (and manually) swap between an Iguanodon, a lemur and a pteranodon to complete different segments of a level. Each character had itīs own abilities and disadvantages and the system worked quite well. So maybe it would work similiarly in this game when you sneak through a region.

Damn ,I have fond memories of that game!

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Once they go back in time again I might try an AC game. Its never been much anymore since they moved past the reinassance.

Black Flag was a good game. Arcade maybe, but fun nontheless. However I think that what the newer games lack, is a satisying closure. From what I have seen, they might look good and be fun to play, but apart from that the game kinda stand in a Vacuum. All their games share a standard formula of collect this and forge that, go over there and empty the fort of templars, now back to the story to complete the next sequence. It getīs kind of "samey" and looses therefore appeal for each new iteration of the gameseries. The "Iconic Character" Ubisoft likes to describe itīs games with is lessened somewhat because they play in big parts very similiar.

One thing that would help for sure, is if they would stop with the yearly releases. They are oversaturating their own market. Oh, and the microtransactions for full priced games, that just needs to go!

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaton View Post
    One thing that would help for sure, is if they would stop with the yearly releases. They are oversaturating their own market. Oh, and the microtransactions for full priced games, that just needs to go!
    What microtransactions? "buy this sword that you will unlock anyway within two sequences and is an astonishing 0.00001% better than what you now have"? I couldnt care if that was in. That companion app, now, that was a pest

Problem is that when they go back in time, they need to introduce new gadgets/gameplay AND explain why they are not in later periods

Iīm referring to the microtransaction for buying Helix Credits to unlock more stuff. Yes ,you can earn credits by just playing the game, but the sole eXistenZ (sry, couldnīt resist ) of such business pratices shows very worrying trends in games. For example Dragon Age III and itīs multiplayer where you can either A. Buy all the good stuff immediately or B. grind like thereīs no tommorrow until you get something passable. Thatīs no way for a 60-$ Title to charge itīs customers for such thing as if it would be F2P. But then these customers have the choice to vote with their wallets and if they choose to participate than the market has spoken. Itīs curious that in a survey I read, it seems that only about 10% of all customers buy microtransactions, but hey if thatīs enough....

Problem is that when they go back in time, they need to introduce new gadgets/gameplay AND explain why they are not in later periods
    Not necessarily, knowledege and know how can vanish over time and even technology fall out of use because it isnīt practicable anymore or just plain forgotten.

Considering the AC series makes no sense anymore, they don't.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast