Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll

2 18.18%

9 81.82%
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: EUIV Multiplayer VII

Default Re: EUIV Multiplayer VII

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    How can you tell whether or not the voters are players?
    You can't, but can you reset forum polls? I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Keelos Penguinos View Post
    If youre wanting to go down this 300 points route then its worth pointing out that the game tells everybody how many points everyone has used when they finalise their custom nation so honesty wouldnt be a problem.
    Yay. But yeah, 200 feels like a touch too little, while 400 feels like way to much. I think 300 would be a good compromise. The vote will tell.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    So don't. If you want to play a Portugal-sized nation play a Portugal-sized nation. I want to play a France-sized nation, because I played a Portugal-sized nation last session and have no appetite for repeating that all over again.
    You missed my point entirely. I don't care whether I'm playing a Portugal sized nation, a France sized nation or an Ulm sized nation - I care that everyone is on a level playing field.

My personal opinion is we should play at 200 over 400, as I view 400 as creating too big a nation for a good game with the amount of people we plan on having in Europe. You clearly view the opposite and we're having a vote on the matter. I'll abide by whatever the vote goes with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelon View Post
    We could set it to 400 but have the limit actually be somewhere between 200 to 400. Of course, we'd have to rely on people being honest. Since so many people have changed their minds, we should re vote for sure. Set up a strawpoll, if we can't reset the poll in this thread; http://strawpoll.me/3949426
    I say we just conduct the poll in the game lobby on Sunday. Ensures everyone who votes is a member of the game, and that everyone in the game votes.

If youre wanting to go down this 300 points route then its worth pointing out that the game tells everybody how many points everyone has used when they finalise their custom nation so honesty wouldnt be a problem.
    If this is indeed as you say I'm much more happy with 300 than I am with 400.

Quote Originally Posted by I WUB PUGS View Post
    Hmm, I am actually intrigued by this. Can you start in America?
    The consensus is to allow Europe and some areas bordering it only. An America start point would be incredibly overpowered.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Pugs: Considering last game had Poland in Denmark and Sweden, and England and Burgundy partitioning France, I don't think historically accurate outcomes are probable.

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

Well, you are sort of limited by your player numbers and where they choose to start.

Kind of a bummer about banning certain starting points. I had hoped to create the CSA in 1444 and engage in extensive slave trading. Oh well.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

We've had players start off alone on the far side of the world before and it just lets them turtle up and grow so big the others can't compete with them by the time they get there. You'd more or less break the colonial part of the game if you got to start off in the New World.

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

Oh come on. I only seek to dominate the cotton and tobacco trade.

I think you can be quite strong with 300 points. Its not too much and not too little.
    I think we should decide where you can settle until we actually know how many people turn up.
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''

300 points sounds decent to me, 400 seems a tad much in my opinion. I'm still happy to play whichever way it ends up going either way though.

Also, can I change my region choices to 4 (southern France), 11 (northern Italy), 13 (Austria). No one's picked those as first choices yet, so I assume it should be fine. I'll edit my previous post to say these too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    Well we haven't actually started yet. Games are 3 hours starting at 2 pm Sunday EST.
    2am my time, sadly.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    2am my time, sadly.
    Unless you aren't living in the UK, it actually would be 6 or 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    Unless you aren't living in the UK, it actually would be 6 or 7.
    I'm not living in the UK.

So, we're going to do full random nations right?

I'd be happy doing that, sounds pretty interesting. Could make starting strategies a bit harder to plan or whatever, but at least we'd all be on a level playing field.

Im up for random nations, sucks if someone gets stuck next to a massive super power though, in one of my games I was next to a nation that controlled all of southern France and Iberia. Got lucky as it died to rebels due to being sunni muslim but all the provinces but 3 being christian.

Im up for random nations, sucks if someone gets stuck next to a massive super power though, in one of my games I was next to a nation that controlled all of southern France and Iberia. Got lucky as it died to rebels due to being sunni muslim but all the provinces but 3 being christian.
    If there can be sunni nations in Europe, i'd be against it, since it'd mess up religion/culture mapmode so much for people. Do you really want to convert Sunni Paris?

I'd assume it was because their capital was in Granada, AI nations take their religion and culture from the capital province so it shouldn't be a problem.

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Oh and I believe us europeans went into daylight saving today.

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Indeed. The game starts in 9 hours and 45 minutes, as of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelon View Post
    If there can be sunni nations in Europe, i'd be against it, since it'd mess up religion/culture mapmode so much for people. Do you really want to convert Sunni Paris?
    That just happened to be a massive Granada-type nation. Chances of something like that happening are very small, especially with players starting their nation in Iberia. Though on the other hand, I don't think I'd mind if a player went Buddhist in Central Europe. If converting provinces all day long is how you want to play the game, then why would I stop you?

And how about technology? Can we have a western Russia? I'd say yes, because it costs points to pick the tech.
    Last edited by Pat89; March 29, 2015 at 03:24 AM.