Thread: Specific recrutement

Default Specific recrutement

I had few ideas regarding the recruitment.

First of all, I think that this mod deserves an eras recruitment system. I see three major eras.
    - Beginning of the mod : Early pikes and muskets armies.
    - Around 1600 : Improvement of firearms, japan gets firearms from Portuguese (maybe there will be a specific event for this case as in FTW3), pikemen become lighter. New artillery.
    - Around 1650 : Reform of European military.

Then I had also a special colonial recruitment system for Portugal, Spain, France, Dutch and England.
    To recruit some armies overseas (pikes for example), when overseas these factions wouldn't need to build right away local infrastructures to train pikes. Instead they can build at least a port and import them from the mainland. Of course to build the units this way, it would take more time considering that they have to be trained as usual plus be delivered. This would only work for coastal settlements obviously.
    In other words, if you conquer a coastal settlement in Americas, you just need to build a port to get already advanced units.

For Portugal and Spain I even imagine that they can export mercenaries from a continent to another. For example with a port in Asia, Portugal could bring an African mercenary to be garrisoned there. Unlike european advance units, this wouldn't take as long, since its only the transport time that counts to build the unit. I could be a cheap way to protect newly conquested settlements.

Treaper's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Specific recrutement

I like it, it is really good idea

Thanks for your feed back.

I think we can also put in place regional recrutement for some units (not for all though). China seems to have some regional units for example.
    We can also imagine that you can only train elephants units in South Asia/Africa and camels in desertic regions. Since Elephants are pretty much OP, maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Treaper's Avatar Miles

Maybe you can use some part of script from Third age, there it is set for Gondor that they can recruit specific units only in some specified regions

AntonisTheGreek's Avatar Senator

What's the difference between this(using that Third Age script) and using hidden resources?It's the same thing,I believe.We can use the same thing to limit elephant recruitment in India,Cambodia and other places in Asia where elephants live and camel recruitment in Sahara and Arabia.

Treaper's Avatar Miles

I don't know all the possibilities, I only know that something is in TATW, that's why I mentioned only this, Antonis Of course it can be done other way

Yeah TATW probably uses hidden resources too.

For Japan I had also an idea.

Samurai could only be trained in a building called "Dojo". Building a dojo and form Samurai would take more time than usual buildings and units (but these are quite strong and worth it of course).
    All Japanese cities will have Dojos already avaliable. But of course whenever Japan conquers a city overseas, they will have to build a dojo and in the mean time rely on Ashigaru to protect the settlement.
    Samurai would be quite expensive units, so staking 20 katana samurai and steamroll everything wont be an option.