Thread: Adding units

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Default Adding units

Hello all -

I am interested in beginning to mod TW:A and have looked through the R2 tutorials on how to add units. Let me start off by saying that I am used to nodding M2 so the warscape engine is rather new to me. I played around with PFM and am working to figure out how to add new units to the game, however I cannot find/figure out how to create new variant mesh files. Going by Lusted's tutorial it seems simple enough, however judging by the tutorial it seemed like it required the files to be unpacked or the raw DB files. Can someone explain the process of starting to create new model variants? I am rather confused. Thank you in advance for your help!

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiđinn Veđr: Total War

Default Re: Adding units

get a simple pack unit having less unit possible as AUM one ( even it have more than one now ).

Open it on pfm and study it .( all table in it are needed ( even if it is not real but do like if )
    ,so you have to name an unit .

feel land unit table first , (do save do new and reload your pack, it is an important tips to propagated your name unit in selection pop up menu )
    Then complete main unit ,(do save do new and reload your pack, it is an important tips to propagated your name unit in selection pop up menu )
    and after variant table(do save do new and reload your pack, it is an important tips to propagated your name unit in selection pop up menu ),and then other tables could be edited without problem.
    Name land unit entry , main unit entry , variant entry with the same name is a good thing even they are tree different things.
    a single error bring a game freeze or crash so it is to be carrefull.

main_units_tables and building_units_allowed_table require an unique id( integer) per line ( try to take them out of range used by vanillia value )

Complete process is so long to be explained that you should find some allready existing tutorial may in Rome 2 modding workshop thread.

And try to do a single unit pack to add on vanillia pack for begining.
    Last edited by FréreAne; March 14, 2015 at 02:20 PM.