Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: UKIP would axe "much of" law that prevents racial discrimination in work place

Default UKIP would axe "much of" law that prevents racial discrimination in work place

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31846453

UKIP really want to make it hard for anybody to argue against anybody who claims they're an explicitly racist party.

I can't understand this, this is political absurdity? What possible good reason would there be for reintroducing race discrimination to the United Kingdom's workplaces? Is it even worth the sort of votes this will attract?

Default Re: UKIP would axe "much of" law that prevents racial discrimination in work place

Misleading OP:
    Mr Farage told the BBC his remarks, recorded last autumn, had been "wilfully misinterpreted", saying he was talking about nationality not race.

Speaking to BBC Radio 4's Today Programme he said he was making the point that employers should be able to discriminate in favour of British workers.
    "I didn't mention race at all. There was no part of that interview which I ever said it at all.
    I guess we can close this thread now.

Default Re: UKIP would axe "much of" law that prevents racial discrimination in work place

You sound like you're surprised! UKIP are full of loons, but unlike the Conservatives don't have the PR know-how to keep them from opening their big dumb mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Misleading OP:

I guess we can close this thread now.
    Regardless of that statement, Farage has said he would remove legislation that prevents racial discrimination in the work place, the thread is accurate.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

So what is the prime race in UKIP? You cannot be racist if you don't believe in a superior race first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Primicerius

Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar Son View Post
    Good.
    You , and indeed UKIP, have not thought this through, have you . Abolishing the Equality Act would allow big business to ignore British citizens altogether and recruit direct from Poland etc. Unless of course that is what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    So what is the prime race in UKIP? You cannot be racist if you don't believe in a superior race first.
    They certainly beleive in a superior nationality.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

So what is the prime race in UKIP?
    White, western European natives I would guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    You said the E-word!

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    I assume that does not include Germanic groups then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    You , and indeed UKIP, have not thought this through, have you . Abolishing the Equality Act would allow big business to ignore British citizens altogether and recruit direct from Poland etc. Unless of course that is what you meant.
    Who decides who they hire? Me? Government?

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31846453

UKIP really want to make it hard for anybody to argue against anybody who claims they're an explicitly racist party.

I can't understand this, this is political absurdity? What possible good reason would there be for reintroducing race discrimination to the United Kingdom's workplaces? Is it even worth the sort of votes this will attract?
    did you hear Hamilton's interview on Five Live? it was like something from Bird and Fortune.

Why couldn't they just stick with their economic platform? They were having a decent run as party growing in popularity but these social views are more laughable than the Tea Party.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Caelifer_1991's Avatar Vicarius

Here's hoping that UKIP continue to destroy themselves More of the same please Nigel.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

I assume that does not include Germanic groups then.
    Well considering the English are a partially Germanic group, if not be lineage at least by language and culture it would be kind of hypocritical to not include them, but what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelifer_1991 View Post
    Here's hoping that UKIP continue to destroy themselves More of the same please Nigel.
    As much as I dislike the UKIP policies, I cannot help but like Farage. Passionate, charismatic and all the rest. Could use someone like him in a better party.
    Last edited by Sharpe; March 13, 2015 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    did you hear Hamilton's interview on Five Live? it was like something from Bird and Fortune.
    No? Do you have any link?

Quote Originally Posted by Caelifer_1991 View Post
    There are a very finite amount of hardcore racists, but perhaps enough to bump him up a couple of % in the polls if he attracts them all.

Who decides who they hire? Me? Government?
    Employers do within certian legal limits. Given what I have said it is fairly obvious why those limits are applied. You can't have whole sections of society denied the opportunity of work, or indeed everyone if business were so minded to replace us all with East Europeans. I am surprised you don't find that self-evident.

A fact: Farge employs his German wife as his secretary over a British one.
    Last edited by mongrel; March 14, 2015 at 05:04 AM.

Primicerius

Employers do within certian legal limits. Given what I have said it is fairly obvious why those limits are applied. You can't have whole sections of society denied the opportunity of work, or indeed everyone if business were so minded to replace us all with East Europeans. I am surprised you don't find that self-evident.

I see your point and why you disagree with Farage on this, but I simply stand by my point that companies should hire who they want to work for them. It might be nepotism, it might not be. But it isn't my place to decide who works where.

If there are a shortage of jobs then that simply means the company doesn't need that many employees, they cannot afford them, OR there is an opportunity for those with the courage, to employ these out of work men and women by creating a certain business. This is a whole 'nother post so I'll just leave it at that.

I see no point in trying to convince each other, as we threw our most basic arguments at each other and still disagreed. So I'll just keep observing the thread.

I see your point and why you disagree with Farage on this, but I simply stand by my point that companies should hire who they want to work for them. It might be nepotism, it might not be. But it isn't my place to decide who works where.

If there are a shortage of jobs then that simply means the company doesn't need that many employees, they cannot afford them, OR there is an opportunity for those with the courage, to employ these out of work men and women by creating a certain business. This is a whole 'nother post so I'll just leave it at that.

I see no point in trying to convince each other, as we threw our most basic arguments at each other and still disagreed. So I'll just keep observing the thread.
    Anyone who recalls the Bristol Omnibus Company colour bar, imposed by racist trade unionists* will know exactly why the general public should be concerned when employers adopt racist practices .

* There was a labour shortage at the time , and black bus drivers and conductors were ubiquitous elsewhere.
    Last edited by mongrel; March 14, 2015 at 08:01 AM.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

I don't think it's Germans (or French, Dutch, Scandas) that UKIP and Farage are concerned about.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast