Thread: Rebels don't spawn around my settlements?

Default Rebels don't spawn around my settlements?

I play as the egypts and the mongols after i changed the spawn rate of rebels and pirates to 0, ive read that it should increase the spawn rate but no. I wanted to max out my general's dread so i send my general out to these campers and slaughter them . I started a fresh new game after i changed it. Made 20 turns and i still see no rebels appearing around my settlements . Can i fix this because the rebels are a good meat for my general.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Rebels don't spawn around my settlements?

Either 0 means rebels are disabled which I never heard or tested before, or most probably you forgot to delete the map.rwm file for changes to descr_strat to take effect.

I'd suggest to not put the rebel spawn rate below 15 or you'll be annoyed later in the game with all the rebels that appear.

Other ways to get more dread is to train spies and assassins, this will increase the dread of the governor, and to kill prisoners after battle, you can capture prisoners only when fighting other factions, not rebels. And sack instead of occupying settlements.
    Last edited by Vipman; March 12, 2015 at 01:58 PM.

Thanks for the answer, but where can i find map.rwm?

It's in <vanilla or mod's folder>/data/world/maps/base .
    Last edited by Vipman; March 12, 2015 at 03:03 PM.

King William the Conqueror's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Vipman View Post
    probably you forgot to delete the map.rwm file for changes to descr_strat to take effect.
    Deleting map.rwm is only necessary when you make changes to the map itself (e.g. editing map_regions.tga). Descr_strat and the other text files can be edited and changes will take effect by themselves. To the OP, I think vipman is correct that 0 disables rebel spawn rate. 15 sounds like a good number. Try that.
    I hold the blitz record for Medieval II (106 region in 7 turns) set in January 2024.

Check out my Youtube Channel: CosmicConqueror
    Proud Member of TWC since 2011!

Oh, well I never understood which files are used to make the map.rwm, and neither remember even if I found out, so I just suggested to try it.