Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rome 2 total war : Surena Epic 2 (Released 22 Apirl 2016 The Global Version)

usmcsultan's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Rome 2 total war : Surena Epic 2 (Released 22 Apirl 2016 The Global Version)

after installation black window pops out and it closes but nothing happens.
    "I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it...I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet...I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one."
    George W. Bush-after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made Washington, D.C., April 3, 2004

Default Re: Rome 2 total war : Surena Epic 2 (Released 22 Apirl 2016 The Global Version)

How do I prevent steam from launching the ROME 2 launcher?
    "I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it...I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet...I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one."
    George W. Bush-after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made Washington, D.C., April 3, 2004

aztec's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    I'm definitely on 2.2 of Rome 2. I've checked that myself.
    I have run the installer targeted at the Rome 2 folder, which contains the Rome 2 exe. I have a new "boot.pack" file, as well as "Surena_Epic2.pack" and "SE2_fix1.pack". I have the "Surena_Epic_2.exe" in the Rome 2 folder. I can either get to the main menu with the Rome 2 shortcut through my library with a UI overhaul and nothing else, or I can use the Surena executable and get a crash.
    you should run Surena executable from your main rome 2 folder and you should have Sparta DLC to get it work .

aztec's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by usmcsultan View Post
    after installation black window pops out and it closes but nothing happens.
    please Read the Readme.txt for true installation .
    also you should hav sparta DLC to work
    Last edited by aztec; April 27, 2016 at 08:10 AM.

very sorry that , there is no response to questions ... ( ( (by the way , I use the mod manager and do not use steam .... everything works fine

Good idea maybe would be creation modification about mid III century when Parthian Empire were overthrow and changed to Sassanid Monarchy and war with Rome

Nice mod. I finally got it to work. I fallowed your instructions for installation. However I still couldn't get it to run. So I decided to use "Total War ROME II - Emperor Edition" launcher from the desktop and I turned ON / selected only "Surena_Epic2.pack" and "SE2_fix1.pack" and it worked.
    I tried running Surena Epic exe from Rome Directory and it warned me each time that "Total War ROME II - Emperor Edition exe" is trying to run extra modification so I clicked OK and nothing happened. Same thing happened if I clicked on cancel.

aztec's Avatar Semisalis

Nice mod. I finally got it to work. I fallowed your instructions for installation. However I still couldn't get it to run. So I decided to use "Total War ROME II - Emperor Edition" launcher from the desktop and I turned ON / selected only "Surena_Epic2.pack" and "SE2_fix1.pack" and it worked.
    I tried running Surena Epic exe from Rome Directory and it warned me each time that "Total War ROME II - Emperor Edition exe" is trying to run extra modification so I clicked OK and nothing happened. Same thing happened if I clicked on cancel.
    so finaly glad to see that . remember load order : SE2_fix1.pack after Surena_Epic2.pack ....

This was exactly the problem that I was having. I will try your solution

I love your mod. I was playing as Etruscians and there is no way to survive without cheats. Both of my cities Velnthri and Arimnum get attacked with full stacks of roman armies.
    So the only way to survive Roman Doom was to use steam diplomacy mod with your Surena Epic mod.
    I disbanded main army and went to research military docks which gives you ships with balista.
    Next I used diplomacy to get trade+500 denari from each faction except Romans.
    Then I I started recruiting 6 ships with javelins.
    Roman Army stack will attack (while you are in process of recruiting 3 balista ships) but they are in transport ships. With the aid of few city ships from Alalia harbor I rammed Roman ships.
    After that turn you would have 6 javelins, 3 balista ships.
    By the time next Roman attack you will have 9 balista ships and 6 javelin ships. I place javelin ships between my balista ships.
    When Roman ships get near I send my javelin ships to slow enemy ships down so my balista ships could destroy them.
    I destroyed 4 Roman aka 4 Terminator legions and they they were offering to be my slaves. I refused because Romans are deceitful and I wanted payback for my homeland.
    By now I already had some troops trained up and my fleet is killing everything that comes out Neapolis.
    Now I brought my wrath back to Italian peninsula. I took out Neapolis, Rome, and Velanthri.
    I stopped here.

In my opinion Romans should not have 2-3 legions because they got Terminator Powered Legions and they kill everything in sight.
    My advice either:
    give Etrusicans 1 high end Legion to mach power of one Roman legion
    OR
    give them access to many mercenary units. Let their faction get cheap upkeep on mercenary units
    Etruscians deserve fighting chance.
    Thank you for the wonderful mod.

zarmehr's Avatar Foederatus

I think if you guys do all of the notifications about how to run the mod with accuracy,then no problem will happen.

aztec's Avatar Semisalis

Friends , we want to release an update . what you wish to see in that ?

Quote Originally Posted by aztec View Post
    Friends , we want to release an update . what you wish to see in that ?
    I'll wish to see reskin some factions in grand campaign with new updates, and finally we will have reskin all faction's.

Quote Originally Posted by aztec View Post
    you should run Surena executable from your main rome 2 folder and you should have Sparta DLC to get it work .
    I am. I get the launcher, I click play and then it all shuts down.

Do you plan uploading this to steam?

Quote Originally Posted by chriswhr View Post
    Do you plan uploading this to steam?
    yes

only i can say this is one of the greatest mods for Rome 2
    great graphic
    great musics
    great units
    i suggest to everyone to download it

thanks

aztec's Avatar Semisalis

so , any feedbacks ?

I'm still having issues somehow. Here's pictures of my folders. Because I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Just the files from the installer and patch:

Files once installed.

I get the Steam window popup asking if I want to launch Rome 2 with the two Surena files, I click yes. I then get the Rome 2 Launcher, without the option of the mod manager. I click play and then the launcher disappears. Nothing pops up to replace it and Steam says I'm not playing anything.
    Last edited by Hazzard; September 02, 2016 at 12:52 PM.

music is not working, what could be the reason?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345