Thread: Wwise and Attila

Default Wwise and Attila

So, does anyone have any information regarding how soundbanks should be set up in Wwise for Attila? I doubt the old Rome 2 template will work, for obvious reasons, but I haven't tried it yet. All we need are names for the appropriate playlists, which could be discovered from even having the individual track names of the .wem files, but since they're exported as a Wwise project it all comes out as numbers instead of what they're called on the template (having a single battle_roman.wem track name, for example, would reveal what the name of the playlist should be).

I've tried to reverse engineer the soundbank names using the music.pack files from Attila, which pulls out the .bnk and .wem files exported from Wwise, but there's no way to "put them back in" as a new project or convert them to any sort of file that Wwise will accept (it only seems to be able to open project files). Everything I found through Google regarding converting or opening .bnk and .wem files is out of date from the looks of things, with the one same specific guide on nearly every website that tells you to download a tool that by all accounts doesn't seem to exist anymore (called bnkextr.exe or something) from a Russian website that has changed domains. Getting any kind of straightforward information out of the bits and pieces out there is nearly impossible.

If there's a way to open the individual .bnk files from the music.pack file, we'd have our solution though.

Default Re: Wwise and Attila

Reverse engineering the Audio files is very difficult, and even if you do suceed, the layout and states are all part of the project and have nothing do with the actual audio files themselves.

Someone tested my music mods and they do not work with atilla, meaning that more then likely the culture set has changed, but as the game is the same engine it will probably work the same way.

In other words, we have to wait for a project template to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    Reverse engineering the Audio files is very difficult, and even if you do suceed, the layout and states are all part of the project and have nothing do with the actual audio files themselves.

Someone tested my music mods and they do not work with atilla, meaning that more then likely the culture set has changed, but as the game is the same engine it will probably work the same way.

In other words, we have to wait for a project template to be released.
    I am aware the names of the playlists have changed, because we have different factions, that much is obvious. If someone could figure out what the names of the cultures are, however, we might be able to use it and fill out a template identical to the Rome 2 one, just with Attila's culture names. The information regarding the names of the individual tracks themselves (the .wem files) has been changed though, unfortunately, when exported from Wwise (like it always does when it converts the project files into .wem).

I haven't looked into it too deeply, but judging by how the cultures are named in the pack files, it seems like we have "barbarian, hunnic, rome_east, and rome_west". On the other hand, a lot of them seem to use "nomadic" and "sassanid" specifically for some other things. On top of that, I don't even think the cultures for Wwise with Rome 2 were named the same as in the pack files. We need somehow to get the information out of those .wem files for the original .ogg names.

also, would have been nice if this weren't moved. It seems like Sounds and Media really doesn't get any attention as far as the general modding community around here goes :/ Now it's been buried and will never get off the ground.

On the contrary This section gets attention from the people who matter, i was helped a lot by the people of Rome 2 in this section and in turn helped out others