Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [WIP] Supremacy Total War (Alternate History/Fantasy Mod)

TomatoesYay's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [WIP] Supremacy Total War (Alternate History/Fantasy Mod)

Quote Originally Posted by Gebilde View Post
    artillery on the walls? the "1648 Thirty Years of War"
    had somethink like this maybe asking there
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...y-Years-of-War
    Neat!! Thanks so much! I'm gonna go ask them right now~~ This would make everything so much more fun!

EDIT: WOW they have war wagons too!!!!!!!!! *u*

EDIT2: Omgyes they have mounted artillery! And better battle mechanics!! If only I can get my hands on those....

EDIT3: I'm having some trouble with modeling units... I sorta wanna assemble a team so that this mod can actually move at a reasonable pace but I also don't know how to lead a team lol

EDIT4: Does anyone know if I can change the color of a flame or the shape of a projectile?
    Last edited by TomatoesYay; March 31, 2015 at 06:49 PM.

I made some female portraits for the kingdom of Simba!! I'm getting more and more used to this FaceGen thingy haha

EDIT: I also just implemented them! They turned out great!

Last edited by TomatoesYay; March 31, 2015 at 10:48 PM.

Nice portraits, though I may say the lips are a little exaggerated, I'm 100% sure they look better then anything I could do.

I see in the Modding help forum someone mentions some mods that give different factions with the same culture different portraits. No one has answered yet, but I thought you might be interested in checking it out.

Edit:
    Gigantus replied, but is his custom he replied with the applicable link, I have not looked at it (I have no interest atm) but I thought you might be interested.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post14449486
    Last edited by CavalryCmdr; April 01, 2015 at 02:28 AM.

Thanks CavalryCmdr!! I never knew that way of having more portraits existed! Using that + faction variant strat models workaround... I think the culture limit would get a little "boost" to more than 7 now! I can have awesome portaits for the Ghost Horde and other factions now! Woo!

Also as a quick update, the mod is still alive but progress is going to dip down real hard because I have finals to study for :'( But any time I have I'll try to work on this mod!!

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoesYay View Post

Also as a quick update, the mod is still alive but progress is going to dip down real hard because I have finals to study for :'( But any time I have I'll try to work on this mod!!
    Don't worry mate, take your time you're already doing an impressive job almost by yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Heritage View Post
    Don't worry mate, take your time you're already doing an impressive job almost by yourself!
    Thanks Roman Heritage! ^_^ I also got a PM from someone that made me very happy to be modding haha all this inspiration and so little time T_T

I know I haven't given any updates since but I haven't given up yet! Recently though I've started messing around with Civilization V because, before progress slowed on this mod, I wanted to use some models from Civ V and tried to see if it's possible to convert gr2 models into .cas models. It kinda seems to be working, I'm able to import the model into 3DS MAX, but I cannot export it correctly. Unfortunately, in order for this mod to be ~on point~ I gotta learn lots of modeling and animation stuff so that might take a bit! But probably worth it. Seriously though, I'm probably learning from modding more than I am at whatever econ courses I'm taking in college. >.>

Also! I learned some more Photoshop skills, because I made a personal mod for myself in a couple days for Civ V, it's more like just combining a bunch of other people's mods and fitting it the way I wanted it to. But sometime in the future, those coat of arms might like a bit more "shiny", like this:

However, I feel like that might be a bit too "civ v" for some people. Would you guys like things to look like this? I might do a bit of a combination. Doing these photoshop manipulations are so fun!

In addition, I have this AWESOME idea for the main menu! So I'm gonna make an animation to go along with that, and I found the perfect soundtrack to fit it with!
    Oh how I wish I can just do modding all day instead of these stupid homeworkajlskdjflkajsdf

Also another idea that I'm going to add here on this post so that the future forgetful me won't forget: the Ghost Horde and the Rakshasa will be a different than what I originally planned, thanks to CavalryCmdr's telling me of the portraits thing! So I can technically "boost" this culture limit up to 10. Also, I hope you guys don't really care much about accents, because for sound effects I think I might make them all kind of generic, because voice acting is something hard to do and hard to find xD so they might kinda sound like Civ V's selection of units and movement and such.
    Last edited by TomatoesYay; April 13, 2015 at 04:08 PM.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

All this sounds good, and that icon does look very nice! Do what you want, you hold the reins to this project.

Be very carful about using things directly from another game, I have not really looked into it much, but I believe these things are copyright protected and not available for use outside their original program. You should look into it carefully as they could kill the whole mod if you use their stuff illegally.

After I read the thread concerning different portraits by using different religions I had an idea concerning the Rakshasa and Deva Empire. It would seem quite fitting if they were the same culture with different religions, also you could bring up a little mystery as to which one is/were really "demons."

A small technical note, looking at your map more, you may want to be careful with some irregular shaped regions. The AI has a really hard time if it needs to enter a third region to attack a bordering region. So, say you have three regions all bordering eachother, lets just call them A, B and C. If the shortest rout (which is always the one the AI will try to use) to get from region A to region C involves crossing over region B territory the AI will often get confused and the chances that the army sent on that rout getting locked up (ie no longer active, just sits there doing nothing until it is attacked or turns rebel) is greatly increased. This is especially harmful because the AI still believes it has an army attacking that region, so it will probably make no further attacks on that region until the original 'locked' army is no longer there.
    Last edited by CavalryCmdr; April 14, 2015 at 09:12 PM.

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I echo CavalryCmdr on his concern regarding copyright. While yes this is non-profit there may be someone working for the company who would attempt to shut it down. A crazy thought I know but it can happen.

However using them as a base for editing would be good. This is coming along nicely.

Many Thanks

Decanus

Hey Tomatoes, how is it going?

bump

Where can I download this mod ? Id really like to play it.

Hello does anyone have a link to this mod?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234