Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperiales Śconomić (Main Thread) Update: Tweaked hordes' upkeep and stances - 28.03.15 8:20 AM GMT -6

Default Re: Imperialem Śconomić (Renewed 90% of the mod - 22.03.15 10:25 AM GMT -6)

This mod needs more attention. It's awesome!

Default Re: Imperialem Śconomić (Renewed 90% of the mod - 22.03.15 10:25 AM GMT -6)

+ Deleted the vanilla's 5% interest ERE trait

uwotm8?

False alarm, i have a lot children now. I will check out the new updates later today.

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmas View Post
    uwotm8?
    Is there a problem?

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Last update: Tweaked hordes' upkeep and stances - March 28th 8:20 AM (GMT -6)

Thanks for all the updates to this mod, its starting to be really great.

One suggestion I have now is to perhaps reconsider the Hunnic military upkeep cost modifier which in vanilla is a ridiculous -100% but which you have changed to -20%. I think this cost reduction is too small. The Huns appear to have gone from being a turbo overpowered threat to being no threat at all.

I took a screenshot of what Hunnic armies look like now.

PS: Sorry if you've already altered this, though I didn't see it in the update notes.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Leving View Post
    Thanks for all the updates to this mod, its starting to be really great.

One suggestion I have now is to perhaps reconsider the Hunnic military upkeep cost modifier which in vanilla is a ridiculous -100% but which you have changed to -20%. I think this cost reduction is too small. The Huns appear to have gone from being a turbo overpowered threat to being no threat at all.

I took a screenshot of what Hunnic armies look like now.

PS: Sorry if you've already altered this, though I didn't see it in the update notes.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    It's not easy to fight what the CA did ti Huns. They simply spawn, not just recruit. Increasing their upkeep may force them to attrition, but won't stop the Hunnic stack spam.

Also while increasing upkeep by decreasing the effect percentage will definitelly harm Huns, but I'm not 100% sure this trait doesn't affect some other nomadic tribes. I'd need to prove it, then I can make the decreasing upkeep trait, increasing instead.

EDIT: I misunderstood what you meant. If Huns appear weak now, I may upthe trai a bit in the next update.
    Last edited by dmboss; March 23, 2015 at 10:37 AM.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Quote Originally Posted by dmboss View Post
    Is there a problem?
    Well, I believe the trait was fine, only OP when abused by player who chooses to min/max instead of immersing himself and enjoying the game and having AI ERE have shitton of money is wonderful. Or at least you could've compensated them with a new trait

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmas View Post
    Well, I believe the trait was fine, only OP when abused by player who chooses to min/max instead of immersing himself and enjoying the game and having AI ERE have shitton of money is wonderful. Or at least you could've compensated them with a new trait
    The problem is that if ERE (or any other faction) has way too much money, they start behaving oddly. Either they become passive or giveaway their money for some stupid treaty and break the game. That's why I decided to eliminate this trait.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

I agree with Ritmas
    though I never played with ERE. If they get it easy, then I sugest also giving some bonus to the sissis (like someone called them lol) to make them a match for ERE.

The problem is that if ERE (or any other faction) has way too much money, they start behaving oddly. Either they become passive or giveaway their money for some stupid treaty and break the game. That's why I decided to eliminate this trait.
    what about increasing top tier building costs?

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Agreeee
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

It's not easy to fight what the CA did ti Huns. They simply spawn, not just recruit. Increasing their upkeep may force them to attrition, but won't stop the Hunnic stack spam.

Also while increasing upkeep by decreasing the effect percentage will definitelly harm Huns, but I'm not 100% sure this trait doesn't affect some other nomadic tribes. I'd need to prove it, then I can make the decreasing upkeep trait, increasing instead.

EDIT: I misunderstood what you meant. If Huns appear weak now, I may upthe trai a bit in the next update.
    Alright, well I'm going to edit it so that it's at -60% upkeep. I'll let you know how it turns out

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

I think ERE WILL get rich anyways. No need to exploit their riches with some trait. That's the same for the Sissies. Those two factions will get rich anyway. I doesn't matter if they lose or gain settlements. Making the AI to have bazillion money doesn't make it recruit more or something. More likely otherwise. The Ai is programmed to chill out and be humble with what it has once it hits some very high money amount.
    Last edited by dmboss; March 23, 2015 at 11:03 AM.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Alright, well I'm going to edit it so that it's at -60% upkeep. I'll let you know how it turns out
    Be my beta tester just kidding. Let me know the results and I'll consider some changes.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Be my beta tester just kidding. Let me know the results and I'll consider some changes.
    I'm assuming its the "att_bundle_military_upkeep_free_force" in the effects bundle table.

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

I'm assuming its the "att_bundle_military_upkeep_free_force" in the effects bundle table.
    You're assuming right.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

New slightly more organised front page design.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Now that more like it, gold coin suit perfectly mate
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

miTo82's Avatar Libertus

Hey dm... I have another suggestion for a complete new awesome Feature of your mod!!

Here we go: Maybe you can add some "_"-Symbols in front of the mod pack file name, so that People who dont use the mod-Manager dont have to do this by Hand =)

I would recomend to add 3 x _ ! Cause a lot of People use the better CAI mod together with yours (and CAI mod has 2 x _ at the beginning of the file name).

So, the correct loading order for those two mods (FotE has btw 1 x _ ).

Hope you like this suggestion =)

cheers, miTo

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by miTo82 View Post
    Hey dm... I have another suggestion for a complete new awesome Feature of your mod!!

Here we go: Maybe you can add some "_"-Symbols in front of the mod pack file name, so that People who dont use the mod-Manager dont have to do this by Hand =)

I would recomend to add 3 x _ ! Cause a lot of People use the better CAI mod together with yours (and CAI mod has 2 x _ at the beginning of the file name).

So, the correct loading order for those two mods (FotE has btw 1 x _ ).

Hope you like this suggestion =)

cheers, miTo
    Maybe, but more likely will put @_ there

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video