Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transports only through ports for Attila

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Transports only through ports for Attila

If this mod works, then it's really awesome !
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

I used IlluminatiRex version for Rome 2 in Attila, it works without problems, it is an excellent mod

I made a typo in the previous post: the danube ferryport works fine, the problematic one is the Rhine ferryport. I tested the Nile ferryport and is working fine as well, which leds me to believet that there must be some mapping bug with the Rhine crossing that is allowing armies to go to sea.

So far in my campaigns i have not seen any horde go to sea, the only thing remaining would be to play without fog of war and watch if there is any odd behaviour with AI hordes.

Yes, I agree that there's probably a mapping bug with the Rhine crossing. That appears to be the only place on the map that this happens.

I haven't noticed any odd horde behavior yet, but maybe there is something.

One unintended side effect i´ve noticed is that land armies can only ever go to sea through ports, even if you have a full fleet waiting on the beach for them.

So this tweak forces any army to embark using ports, beaches are only useful for unloading troops, but you cannot load again using the same point.

I think this the reason why the seas were so quiet - way less AI armies/fleets sailing around.

Oh, that's right. I had made a post in this thread with an experimental update to the mod, but it was deleted in the rollback. Anyway, I've gone ahead and updated the mod to work with Age of Charlemagne. Also you can play The Last Roman with this mod enabled now, but it won't work for TLR. Just in case you leave this mod enabled and start TLR, it shouldn't interfere with that campaign now.

Doesn't seem to work for me in the main campaign. AI land armies are still frequently launching into the sea through beaches. I tried increasing the action cost to even higher than "100000000" but that didn't make any difference...hm...
    Last edited by yupper; March 15, 2016 at 02:53 AM.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

It works for me. No problems so far.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Quote Originally Posted by yupper View Post
    Doesn't seem to work for me in the main campaign. AI land armies are still frequently launching into the sea through beaches. I tried increasing the action cost to even higher than "100000000" but that didn't make any difference...hm...
    Maybe you're using another mod that's overwriting that change? Try loading this mod before your others - just rename it higher alphabetically.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Maybe you're using another mod that's overwriting that change? Try loading this mod before your others - just rename it higher alphabetically.
    The mod manager shows no conflict with other mods in my load order. But I already moved it to the top of the list. Every time I chase a barbarian army, it just heads for the nearest beach and launch itself into the sea. Very strange.

Yeah, that is strange. And I guess your armies can't follow the barbarians into the sea at that point? Could be that the AI still manages to ignore that movement cost number somehow. I'll try and test this when I get some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Yeah, that is strange. And I guess your armies can't follow the barbarians into the sea at that point? Could be that the AI still manages to ignore that movement cost number somehow. I'll try and test this when I get some time.
    Thanks for looking into it. I am guessing that's the case. I am playing WRE and started noticing this when I saw barbarian hordes and land armies constantly launching into the sea from beaches. In my game, the Hun hordes have become a seafaring culture....just like they use to be in vanilla...

I am not using any "overhaul mods", only scattered mods that tweak this or that. I looked through them in PFM but can't imagine anything could be affecting this mod somehow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12