Thread: Rally Podcast #2 - 15 Years Of Games

CA Developer Icon Rally Podcast #2 - 15 Years Of Games

Hey all,

Total War is 15 Years old this year, but what was it like behind the scenes all that time?

In the newest episode of Rally Podcast resident Code Master Guy Davidson, Artifex Maximus Kevin McDowell and Scott Pitkethly, Grand General of the Battle Team, share their thoughts on their favourite eras, the pitfalls of the Latin language, some of the toughest challenges history threw at them, and which era they would personally like to visit next. Whether you're stuck in traffic or kicking back in your armchair, you should give these three wise men a listen.

You can find Rally Podcast on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...st/id962279107

And on our wiki: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Rally_Podcast
    If you're using alternative podcast apps, just search for Rally Podcast in the iTunes library.

Enjoy!

-Will CA
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Rally Podcast #2 - 15 Years Of Games

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/promulgate lol

It was interesting to listen to the challenges they would face if taking on new eras like War of the Roses, TWM3, Victorian, WW1, etc.

Thanks!

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Rally Podcast #2 - 15 Years Of Games

Please, next time you do this, try to work on the sound a little bit, parts were barely audible, other parts were incredibly loud.

Interesting stuff though.