Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 Years of Total War & Rezzed

Default Re: 15 Years of Total War & Rezzed

Hears there's been 15 Years of Total War *Drinks a lake of Roman blood in honor*

Hears a Hint at Warhammer *Opens shirt to commit Seppuku*

Remembers that haven't touched the Victorian era yet, with a world map, vernacular languages, dynamic political system, explosive technological progression, bajillion unique cultures.... *Cries aloud and stabs*

Kilo's Avatar Semisalis

Very excited for Warhammer Total War! To all the crybabies, keep crying!

I hope fire throwing dragons and beasts will be airplanes and tanks!!!Time for TW to evolve war.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails total-war-beasts-of-war.jpg  
    Last edited by KKB5; March 11, 2015 at 06:28 PM.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by warboy View Post
    Ah, the glory days are now over for CA, all the historically accurate games gone for good, now we have to look forward to children's fantasy games produced from CA now on. CA used to be great at making masterpieces, but I find with the new technology available these days and the competitive nature of the gaming industry, games are stream lined, units with loads of abilities to use in battle that I never have time to use because of micro-managing a battlefield, no more family trees so-to-speak(not ones like in medieval 2 and rome) app like options in games now, halloween themes being released, what's next a bunch of Santas in their sleighs with laser cannons attached shooting each other, etc. It just makes it all too much and silly, anyways it was good while it lasted, for me this ended after napoleon total war.
    I can't even...

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Mike Simpson, creative director at CA (AKA one of the head dudes for development) stated in January, while they may be doing side projects like Arena and Warhammer, their main focus will ALWAYS be on single player, historical strategy games.

Them making Total War: Warhammer isn't the death of Total War, and I'm excited to see CA branch out some; allowing them to stretch the creative muscles and take a short break from historical games - which will then allow them to return to historical ones with a fresh, less burned out mind.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Please take Rome 2 out of the video, that is the most embarrassing title you guys made. Please don't consider that as one of your titles.

Well, I once played the "The Sundering: Rise of the Witch king" mod...and I'm pretty sure I could recruit "Topless, Titty, Elf-Maiden Archers"...????

So £*%! Citadel Miniatures...I'm chasing the "døkkálfar" dream. Mr. Frodo!....

...and just like that (pffff)...he was gone...
    Last edited by Voice of Treason; October 16, 2015 at 04:12 PM.

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post

Now I actually believe they are going to build Warhammer with 32 bit Warscape.
    Build? Already nearly built I would say.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatiRex View Post
    Mike Simpson, creative director at CA (AKA one of the head dudes for development) stated in January, while they may be doing side projects like Arena and Warhammer, their main focus will ALWAYS be on single player, historical strategy games.

Them making Total War: Warhammer isn't the death of Total War, and I'm excited to see CA branch out some; allowing them to stretch the creative muscles and take a short break from historical games - which will then allow them to return to historical ones with a fresh, less burned out mind.
    CA doesn't need a break from historical games, they need a break from Total War games. As far as Borehammer goes, fantasy begets fantasy, with zero relevance to making good historical games.

And to all the tabletop fantasy fetishists one word of advice: be careful what you wish for.

I think warhammer would work better as an RTS personally

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo View Post
    Very excited for Warhammer Total War! To all the crybabies, keep crying!

I hope, they will set their mind to history after that again and make Medieval 3.

Perhaps they'll test a new engine with Warhammer and polish it a bit for Medieval 3.
    Last edited by Prof; March 11, 2015 at 08:31 PM.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

how on earth would warhammer work with a traditional RTS? I already find it irritating that there is practically no meta in Relic's games except the latest ones (and even then its mediocre, more rpgish).I think the only people who can do warhammer right are CA, no one else really can make a quality product in the setting. I also really dont understand why the forumites here are pouring so much hate on it simply because "OH NOE, THEY ARENT DOING EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT THEM TOO, HOW DARE THEY NOT GO INTO XXXX ERA INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY TRYING SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!" I mean we dont even know anything about it yet, geez. Then again, I am probably a member of the small fanbase for spartan total warrior and viking

All this hate for Warhammer makes me want to vomit. Warhammer is perfect for the Total War treatment, and to all you people decrying the "death of historically accurate TW games" all I can do is let out a hearty laugh. Total war has NEVER EVER EVER been historically accurate. Ever. With mods? Sure, vanilla? Hell no.

Then again most of the detractors are the type to start a 15 page argument over the color of the straps on Greek slingers sandals and how its historically innacurate for it to be a certain color and how the games ruined forever and CA has betrayed them so I guess its par for course.

Quote Originally Posted by steve1945 View Post
    Then again most of the detractors are the type to start a 15 page argument over the color of the straps on Greek slingers sandals and how its historically innacurate for it to be a certain color and how the games ruined forever and CA has betrayed them so I guess its par for course.
    From the outside looking in, the Warhammer people seem to be the ones that are hyper into costumes.

p.s. welcome to the forums
    Last edited by Huberto; March 11, 2015 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    From the outside looking in, the Warhammer people seem to be the ones that are hyper into costumes.

p.s. welcome to the forums

True enough both fanbases have their hardcore crazed fans. Also thanks, iv been here for awhile but never felt like posting.

Quote Originally Posted by steve1945 View Post
    True enough both fanbases have their hardcore crazed fans. Also thanks, iv been here for awhile but never felt like posting.
    Hardcore sure, but I was talking about costumes/outfits/uniforms. Warhammer seems to attract the costume-obsessed, much more than historical TW fans.

LordInvictus's Avatar Semisalis
    In California in the USA on Earth in the Solar System in the Milky Way

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post
    It was from cutscenes, but the actual battle still looked exactly like that - these cutscenes where made from ingame footage via CinEd - the nowadays cutscenes are animations using the models of units from the game may be but beside that not showing anything of what you really got to see in your own battles etc.
    I hate to be nitpicky, but the halberd overhead charge animation in the Medieval 2 scene doesn't occur ingame, so it can't be ingame footage. But I do see your point.

The amount of butthurt in this thread is hilarious and embarrassing. Several people don't even realize it's Fantasy, not 40K, and the others are crying that an ahistorical game will kill Total War (as if R2 didn't show that already).

It's almost like none of you have even played Rage of the Dark Gods for Medieval 2. Warhammer has plenty to offer for lore, plot, factions, units and gameplay. The Warhammer series is essentially total war at it's most basic definition.

The only thing to be worried about is if CA doesn't make a new engine (because warscape is crap for melee combat), and how many faction/culture pack DLCs they will nickle and dime us.

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Make a piece on trench warfare, plz!!!!
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

Richard III's Avatar Tiro

While I agree CA's attention to the quality of their titles has slipped in recent years, and combined with a foray into a totally new direction (Into Fantasy) could spell disaster, I'm not sure why this release is getting all the Hate.

Just Because CA is announcing a Fantasy Themed Title doesn't mean it'll be tailored to children. The Lore of Warhammer is well established, with rules that reward flanking, skirmishing, and combined unit tactics. If CA adopts even half the rules/morale effects/faction balanced that Games Workshop has established, this total war game will be the best the series has seen. (I know Games Workshop is quite protective of it's brand/image. Every game it has been featured in (Warhammer 40k [RTS] and Space Marine [Platforms], for example) is usually a well received game by the community. They may have enough say to tell SEGA that they will not stand for a game released featuring their content material to be in the same steps of ROME II.

Being said, If I can possibly play my Lizardmen in a Warhammer game, with an army painter that is similar to what the Warhammer: Dawn of War series possessed? I'd probably never leave the house again.

I can understand if your not a fantasy fan, but that's not a reason to mock the people who find it a potentially exciting game. EDIT: Not to mention, why do people think that this means the death of the historically themed releases. If CA develops an Combat Engine that allows units to move 4 dimensionally (Like Flying Dragons), this engine can THEN be applied to Airplanes.... Sounds like WWI or WWII Future releases of Total war titles.

C'mon guys, use some imagination. CA may not ever fulfill such potential... but to know that such a path is possible is pretty exciting.
    Last edited by Richard III; March 12, 2015 at 12:54 AM.
    "Good Men Don't Need Rules."