Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 Years of Total War & Rezzed

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: 15 Years of Total War & Rezzed

I hope warhammer is out sooner, i quite a bit of fans actually
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by trinhbot View Post
    I love Warhammer, been playing the tabletop game for 6 years, but please stick to history i just can't imagine playing a total war game where i have to face an army of lizards or rats. Though I guess I can't say much now, considering it's been hinted at already in the art book.
    Clearly you have not played many mods for Medieval 2 Total War, Facing armies of Lizards or rats is good fun. Not much different from Christians and Muslims lol

Also in regards to this video my reaction to a possible Warhammer Total War game is a big WHO CARES. The War Hammer mod for Medieval 2 is likeley better than anything CA would produce these days. In fact the best Total War titles since the release of Medieval 2 are the mods for Medieval 2. The fans consistantly produce better Total War Titles than CA/Sega, here are a few off the top of my head.
    Third Age Total War
    Broken Crescent
    Call of Warhammer
    De Bello Mundi
    Falcom Total War 3
    Hyrule Total War
    Rise of the Three Kingdoms
    Westeros
    THERA.. i could go on and on. The fact is fans, using the Medieval 2 engine, produce amazing quality Titles, in my opinion titles much better than anything CA has done in a long time. CA seems too focused on constantly improving the graphics when their focus needed to be on improving and expanding the already established systems and gameplay mechanics. Fans of Total War games in general care less about the graphic improvements (of course improved graphics are nice) and are more interested in a more robust diplomacy system, a more intelligent AI in both the campaign and Battle map, an improved trade system, more unit variety, larger scale map (Falcom 3 mod features a campaign map that encompasses the entire globe, from the americas to Japan), improved interaction with Family members, option to found/colonise new lands creating your own settlements.
    There was a solid foundation built with the first 4 Total War titles, expand upon it, don't abondon it in favour of features you cut straight from Paradox Europa/Crusader Kings and Sid Meier's Civ games, which is what your new titles are really starting to look like, just some unholy mash up of CIV/Paradox/Total War.
    Rome 2 is a grand example of CA telling Fans what they want. Instead of listening to what the fans actually wanted which was simply an improved more feature rich version of Rome Total War, hell CA could have simply hired the team that did the Rome Total Realism mod and they would have made a much better game.
    CA you need to start letting the fans dictate what a Total War game should be, stop assuming you know what is best or what the people want, you clearly do not.
    Last edited by Tango12345; January 22, 2018 at 05:11 PM. Reason: insult removed

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

What makes you think you know what mods I play mainly?
    So because I do play one or two fantasy mods here and then and like 10 other historical ones means I have to be for CA to go into fantasy franchise?

I do enjoy the time frame choices of TW so far, and most of my time I spent with the normal game and some mods like Darth Mod or Radious. I wouldn't want CA to make any fantasy TW even if it is a setting I play or have played with mods.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

The true and only good news would be the FINAL DEATH of Warscape Engine, Fantasy or not, I can't stand anymore anymore that ****ing old disgustingly retarded damn engine!

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    aye, Warhammer is around the corner and that is disappointing for me. Nevertheless well done on the last 15 years it has brought hours of enjoyment.
    This exactly.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Civis

SEGA for CA kaput

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    Warhammer is actually what CA should be doing... it would keep all of us annoyed history buffs calm. I can't stand the mickey-mouseiness of units in TW ... Rome, which had loads of other problems had good units... but the unit progression in Atilla is ridiculously unhistorical
    Yeah I loved using Pharoah's Guards and Nile Axemen and Archaic Chariots to defend my Greek empire.

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Thanks CA for hours of enjoyment over the years both with your games and on the forums but where did it all go wrong will we ever know, was it me?

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

The memories..... Ive used to look on when my father played Shogun 1 back in the day. Medieval 1 was one of the first games I played. And then came 3d models with Rome. The times.

Regarding the obvious hint on the next title, I hope they use a new engine for the Warhammer title. There they can go full derp and try and learn due to the errors that any new engine would have. Then Medieval 3 with the new, now tested and polished Engine and everything is well in the world of TW.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    aye, Warhammer is around the corner and that is disappointing for me. Nevertheless well done on the last 15 years it has brought hours of enjoyment.
    Why most assume that a growl = warhammer? Does CA have the rights to that?
    Perhaps it's a different setting.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Why most assume that a growl = warhammer? Does CA have the rights to that?
    Perhaps it's a different setting.
    They do have the rights to Warhammer Fantasy. They've had it for about a year now.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?677233-Total-War-WARHAMMER-officially-confirmed!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Good to knwo Warhammer TW is finally coming! I cant understand why so much hate towards it. The only other feasible option I would consider would be WWI TW. They pretty much covered everything else (at least the grand scale conflicts). I can still play Medieval 2 TW these days without getting bored and I prefer Warhammer TW to M3TW. With Warhammer they will have the chance to bring in new concepts for TW like single man units, Huge beasts, flyign units, magic spells, more unique UI and so on.
    There are plenty of "historical" releases already and TW series is actually the game that can offer thousands of replayability hours to all the fans.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    I hope warhammer is out sooner, i quite a bit of fans actually
    not in hurry because of what Diocle said. You guys should train patience. I would not forgive a Medieval 3 based on current Warscape.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    The true and only good news would be the FINAL DEATH of Warscape Engine, Fantasy or not, I can't stand anymore anymore that ****ing old disgustingly retarded damn engine!
    hear hear!

By the way if you are waiting for Medieval 3, I guess many are, join this facebook group and let it grow

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Creat...12145158892394

Some still claim CA will never release a third iteration of a Total War Title, just perhaps rename it for instance just to avoid it, however. Medieval 3 is still on the wishlist of many, even before Warhammer I guess.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Well, as long as my fighter/cleric can roll a d4+2 "Spiritual Hammer/Vorpal Blade" against the Nurgle Bumgurgle and his...???...ever bubbly jubblies..of...Shub?..Niggurath?...Black YOG-hurt...of 1000...calories...????
    No... wait a minute...wait a minute...maybe that was "The Warlock of Firetop Mountain"...????
    Last edited by Voice of Treason; April 19, 2016 at 05:49 AM.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Hm looking back my favorite titles have been Med 1, Med 2, Shogun FotS and Atilla.

Although none of the games have been bad at all in my opinion. Always get plenty of fun out of them.

And the roar at the end was probably a dragon. Only thing on earth that can make a sound like that is a lion, so unless CA is planning a Gladiator: TW or a "African hunter: TW" It pretty much confirms (Again) warhammer.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Modestus View Post
    Thanks CA for hours of enjoyment over the years both with your games and on the forums but where did it all go wrong will we ever know, was it me?
    No -- we know where it all went wrong:

1.) SEGA demanding games and dlc on a clockwork schedule so we got cookie-cutter games and features;
    2.) CA not investing enough in the AI; and
    3.) CA building an engine where critical fixes were not possible and work arounds the only answer.

Now I actually believe they are going to build Warhammer with 32 bit Warscape.

I am excited to play a Warhammer themed Total War, even if it's only in the total war franchise for marketing purposes. Would be nice to separate the historically flavoured and high fantasy games.

I'm most interested to see if they change up any of the core mechanics considerably for the next release. The fantasy setting doesn't really change that much in terms of combat, you'll still have rock-paper-scissors unit interactions and special abilities to use, but using the novel setting as an excuse to refresh some of the grand strategy elements would be nice.

The main concern I have is over DLC. It's an industry standard by now, so it's not going to stop, I'm just hoping that they don't go overboard and lock out major factions to it. Fortunately the visual styles of all the races in warhammer are very distinct so they should at least be forced to do a decent job on the DLC, and not pull the that's been done for ShogunII/RomeII/Attila where most of the DLC factions are just lazy lacking unit rosters and re-used assets.
    Last edited by jorfik; March 11, 2015 at 04:02 PM.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Why are people acting like Warhammer was out of left field? I think a lot of people expected it!

I am really okay with this, Warhammer fantasy is perfect for a total war style game.

Actually, I reckon CA's finest hours coincided with them nicking the plank spanker from Suffolk's finest vampyric troubadours Cradle of Filth.
    After he left, to rejoin the band on their "Tampon Teabags" tour,...things went downhill in Horsham as far as I'm concerned...
    ...but, whatever????

I am the Black Wizards!!!!
    Last edited by Voice of Treason; May 04, 2016 at 05:39 AM.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Here you are complaining about warhammer. Are you not bored of using exact same units with just a different color and a shirt? What is wrong with having 1 fantasy title in 15 years?