Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 Years of Total War & Rezzed

CA Developer Icon 15 Years of Total War & Rezzed

Hey all,

This year Total War becomes one of the longest-running series in gaming with 11 titles spanning over 2000 years of historical warfare. To celebrate this milestone we’ve released this trailer to reflect on our history, and give you a hint of what’s to come: http://youtu.be/2qWAMAfqJEk

Empires have risen, and many a brave warrior has fallen with an estimated 4.8 billion battles waged in the last 15 years.

Over 1 million people play Total War every month now, spending an average of 104 hours apiece in each game. 2015 will be our biggest year yet with digital and tablet title Total War Battles: KINGDOM, 10v10 team strategy in Total War: ARENA, and more.

Visit us at the EGX Rezzed show in London this weekend for some retro and modern gaming on all our titles, plus a huge Total War prize giveaway.

Enjoy,

-Will CA
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

Default Re: 15 Years of Total War & Rezzed

Wow. What a ride. Congrats to the Total War team! Here's to another 15 years!!
    And also... *growl* *dragon growl* *growl*

I love Warhammer, been playing the tabletop game for 6 years, but please stick to history i just can't imagine playing a total war game where i have to face an army of lizards or rats. Though I guess I can't say much now, considering it's been hinted at already in the art book.

And here I am still waiting for a good Empire game and a good Rome total war sequel. Well I don`t know if i`m dissapointed that there won`t be a Medieval III / Empire II or extremely happy that medieval wont be screwed up.Warhammer in my opinion doesn`t work with the total war style, more like your typical RTS style but ... *sigh.Bye bye total war for the next few years I guess, back to the golden Rome 1 and Medieval II ... it`s our only options for a great total war game anyway (also Shogun 2 ... why not ).Good luck with the new title.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

​I heard a growl, might that be an orky growl?

Quote Originally Posted by trinhbot View Post
    ...please stick to history ...
    this^

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

ROOAAR

Love that last bit

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Been a fan for 5 of those 15 years, here's to another 15 years!
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

I AM HYPED!!!!
    Give me warhammer !!!

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

That ending...

My god, Maybe the only reason I will buy a new PC. Warhammer total war

Campidoctor

That's a pretty awesome achievement really.

'Grats CA

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Nice video, I was back to gaming, in 2007, thanks to this incredible series realising my old dream, impossible to concretize when I was a child, of thousands of armies clashing through the fields of history. I arrived to build a pc for this series (Rome II; it was impossible to think for me until I did it) and historical theme was the main "call of sirens" for me. I think that warhammer will represent for me the "game over" (despite of all the love I gave to my Bretonnians) Thanks for what CA gave me, pain and pleasure ....at last, as Queen sing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2W2mU8R7-A

As long as it's a better battle engine I'm in. I don't want to see some humanoid dude surrounded by 10 dragons only to take them on 1 by 1 while the rest just stand(?) there admiring each others breath.

Libertus

Exciting, exciting. I'd say it sounds like a dragon which makes me think Warhammer as well. That would certainly be a different path for CA and my couriousity is killing me. When do we get some more info? At Rezzed or later? Can you give us a hint, Will?

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Not really hyped.

Why can't you lot be more open about your titles? At least Paradox is.

What's this roar.....I saw nothing that was hinting.

And what is MORE? I see nothing......

I anticipate darker times for Total War in the next 15 years, but also that be best is yet to come.

AnimaMea's Avatar Miles

La Morte da CA. Dramma per Musica da Animamea. Ahi lasso, must everything decent have goblins with laser cannons and giant rats in it? Thank God Kingdom Come: Deliverence is out this year to provide something historical.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

aye, Warhammer is around the corner and that is disappointing for me. Nevertheless well done on the last 15 years it has brought hours of enjoyment.

Just make sure that any Dragons dont go into a duel with 1 single footsoldier while 100+ soldiers stands around the dragon just looking please

Ah, the glory days are now over for CA, all the historically accurate games gone for good, now we have to look forward to children's fantasy games produced from CA now on. CA used to be great at making masterpieces, but I find with the new technology available these days and the competitive nature of the gaming industry, games are stream lined, units with loads of abilities to use in battle that I never have time to use because of micro-managing a battlefield, no more family trees so-to-speak(not ones like in medieval 2 and rome) app like options in games now, halloween themes being released, what's next a bunch of Santas in their sleighs with laser cannons attached shooting each other, etc. It just makes it all too much and silly, anyways it was good while it lasted, for me this ended after napoleon total war.
    Host of the Napoleon Total War AMERICAN CIVIL WAR 2.1 MOD Discord Server - https://discord.gg/6JWWBQq "TUNNELSSSS....ARE USELESS, so why bother anyway!" - Captain Henry Wirz

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast